Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank 3A? (Week 10)
I like my chances with Corbin over central Kentucky speedy athletic team. Jus sayin.
Atleast with Belfry you know what's coming. Either stop them or lettem run over you.
1. South Warren
2. Belfry
3. Central
4. Bell County
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. Corbin
7. Russell
8. Garrard Co
9. Estill Co
10. Bourbon Co
IF, the largest word in dictionary. No matter , injuries , or whatever, the team you put on field on any given game, is your team. Excuses just don't get it. Every team could say that any given time .
How do you put Bell above Corbin..
1. South Warren
2. Belfry
3. Central
4. Corbin
5. Bell County
6. Paducah Tilghman
7. Bourbon Co
8. Garrard Co
9. Russell
10. Estill Co

First five are pretty solid...second five not so much. Fleming and Adair are bubbling under the top 10. Bourbon is probably the best team in that competitive district with Estill and Garrard.

The weak west will be settled with SW defeating PT in the regional final. PT could go out earlier than that if they deposit an egg somewhere. PT is still the wild card, just do not think they have the depth and line for a deep run. The 5-5 record means nothing; they have dominated their 3A competition. Hint: If you want to lose, give PT's QB time to throw.
bcpc Wrote:It's hard for me to rank the Mtn teams ahead of the Louisville and big city teams.... The team speed generally is in those locations... Speed kills! Granted, the Belfrys and the Breathitts, Hazards, Bells ect. Were fast and good. But, they were jus tough, and played their gameplan and made very few mistakes doing so.. If not for that, the overall speed would've gottem everytime!

That doesn't even make sense. The only time I can ever remember that happening is in 2006 when Mercer beat Russell 15-12. What a lot people forget is Mercer was playing with an already consolidated 5A team full of athletes. That would be like Pikeville combining their team with all the schools in Pike County and playing in the 1A championship.
How does that not make sense? Speed is a necessity and is more prominent in Lex, Lou, ect.. Ask your college coaches if they recruit in the mountains the same as they do in the cities....... Therefore it's hard for me to pick a Mountain team over a Central Ky team. Look at the numbers since say 2000.....
bcpc Wrote:How does that not make sense? Speed is a necessity and is more prominent in Lex, Lou, ect.. Ask your college coaches if they recruit in the mountains the same as they do in the cities....... Therefore it's hard for me to pick a Mountain team over a Central Ky team. Look at the numbers since say 2000.....

You're comparing players to teams. Speed isn't the reason. It helps but it isn't the main component. Just because a city teams wins doesnt mean more speed, they have a better team. I'm not saying they don't statistically win, but your reasoning for why is flawed.
baseball1974 Wrote:That doesn't even make sense. The only time I can ever remember that happening is in 2006 when Mercer beat Russell 15-12. What a lot people forget is Mercer was playing with an already consolidated 5A team full of athletes. That would be like Pikeville combining their team with all the schools in Pike County and playing in the 1A championship.

You dont make sense. Pike County is three times as big as Mercer County. get your "facts' straight.
pjdoug Wrote:You dont make sense. Pike County is three times as big as Mercer County. get your "facts' straight.

You're starting to look desperate, but keep trying.
baseball1974 Wrote:You're starting to look desperate, but keep trying.

:lame: as usual.
Anxious for a playoff week 2 possible matchup between central and bell
pjdoug Wrote:You dont make sense. Pike County is three times as big as Mercer County. get your "facts' straight.

The fact of the matter is that no matter the size of the county, back in 2006 Mercer was playing with the combined schools of Mercer and Harrodsburg. I will not blame that game on that fact though. I blame the game on coaching. In what reality why would a run first team go to the pass in the second half with almost gale force winds. Made no sense at all to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry to derail.
Midee1 Wrote:The fact of the matter is that no matter the size of the county, back in 2006 Mercer was playing with the combined schools of Mercer and Harrodsburg. I will not blame that game on that fact though. I blame the game on coaching. In what reality why would a run first team go to the pass in the second half with almost gale force winds. Made no sense at all to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry to derail.

It was either sleeting that day or around 20 degrees also i think? Russell definitely had no business throwing the ball that day. Regardless, if Russell would've been playing mercer straight up they'd have won by three touchdowns.
baseball1974 Wrote:It was either sleeting that day or around 20 degrees also i think? Russell definitely had no business throwing the ball that day. Regardless, if Russell would've been playing mercer straight up they'd have won by three touchdowns.

I know it was COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they would have stuck to what they knew I think they could have beat Mercer just the way they were with both schools combined.