Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Would You Rank 3A? (Week 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. South Warren
2. Belfry
3. Corbin
4. Central
5. Bell County
6. Paducah Tilghman
7. Russell
8. Garrard Co
9. Estill Co
10. Bourbon Co
1. Belfry
2. South Warren
3. Central
4. Corbin
5. Paducah T
6. Bell
7. Bourbon
8. Estill
9. Russell
10. Garrad
That looks pretty accurate.......
3A maybe down but I think this will still be an exciting year because I think 1-5 are all very close in talent and on any given night anyone of these teams can win. Who knows who wins this class toss up
It's time for me to get serious.

1. Corbin ( my new #1 in 3A ) :popcorn:
2. Belfry
3. Paducah Tighman
4. Bell Co
5. South Warren
6. Central
7. Russell
8. Garrard
9. Bourbon Co
10. Estill Co
1. South Warren
2. Belfry
3. Central
4. Corbin
5. Russell
6. Estill Co/Garrard Co/Bourbon
9. Bell County
10. E-Twon

Very, very tough for me to lay this one out. 3 and 4 could probably be swapped. The teams that are tied 6, 7, 9 might actually all be better than Russell.
any poll that does not have PT in it is not a valid entry
5-5. 3 blow out losses. 1 good win. PT needs to beat someone.
52 smash Wrote:any poll that does not have PT in it is not a valid entry

Losing badly to good teams does not mean anything. They have 1 good win, and several blowout losses. I wouldn't have them in my top 8 for sure.
1. South Warren
2. Corbin
3. Central
4. Belfry
5. Bell County
6. Russell
7. Bourbon County <
8. Garrard County <<< These 3 could be in any order here.
9. Estill County <
10. PT
52 smash Wrote:any poll that does not have PT in it is not a valid entry

There may be some truth in this and to be honest I almost had 10 listed as E-Town/PT. I just have a hard time buying into PT.

PT is always an enigma to me.
EKU and Onion Head, honest question for you guys. I know that the Estill, Garrard and Bourbon are tough to call but how does Garrard get to stay above Estill after loosing to them at home? Are you taking their showings against Bourbon into account for this? Really just want to know the internal thought process on it.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:EKU and Onion Head, honest question for you guys. I know that the Estill, Garrard and Bourbon are tough to call but how does Garrard get to stay above Estill after loosing to them at home? Are you taking their showings against Bourbon into account for this? Really just want to know the internal thought process on it.

I just threw them in there in random order to be honest. Those 3 could go either way on any given night. If Bourbon gets healthy I think they're the team to beat out of the 3, but no idea how to rank them right now.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:EKU and Onion Head, honest question for you guys. I know that the Estill, Garrard and Bourbon are tough to call but how does Garrard get to stay above Estill after loosing to them at home? Are you taking their showings against Bourbon into account for this? Really just want to know the internal thought process on it.

I think those three are all a toss-up. I think Garrard got Estill's best punch, and din't quite know what they were getting into until it was too late.

All in all I would say they are interchangeable. Just think I like Garrard a tad bit more if they played again.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just think I like Garrard a tad bit more if they played again.

I agree with this, I personally feel like Garrard will win that region but just had a hard time putting them ahead of a team that beat them the same week they lost to them if that makes sense.
All these rankings look pretty accurate we shall find out just where Russell is when they visit Pikeville this week. It looks like the Red Devils will play Western Hills in the first round. Any scouting report on them?
Don't understand all the love for Russell they have beat one decent team ashland, they beat mason co but mason co may have the weakest schedule in east ky, pikeville will destroy them this week.
dawg fan Wrote:Don't understand all the love for Russell they have beat one decent team ashland, they beat mason co but mason co may have the weakest schedule in east ky, pikeville will destroy them this week.

You mean they haven't done anything nearly as impressive as squeaking by Fairview and Pike Central and getting hammered by Raceland and an injury depleted Belfry team.
1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. Central
4. Bell County
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. South Warren
7. Russell
8. Garrard Co
9. Estill Co
10. Bourbon Co - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...zQJz9.dpuf
REDDEVILMANIAC127 Wrote:All these rankings look pretty accurate we shall find out just where Russell is when they visit Pikeville this week. It looks like the Red Devils will play Western Hills in the first round. Any scouting report on them?

Russell will have no trouble with Western hills. They have a couple of good running backs with terribly shaky line. They don't have a great team at all. They actually barely scraped by Powell County last week 26-22.
After some further deliberation on this I think I would revise my 3A top 20 to shape out to be:

1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. Central
4. South Warren
5. Bell
6. Paducah Tilghman
7. Russell
8. Garrard Co.
9. E- Town
10. Fleming Co.
11. Bourbon Co.
12. Lawrence Co.
13. Estill Co.
14. Adair Co.
15. Wayne Co.
16. Pike Central
17. Mason Co.
18. Adair Co.
19. Western Hills
20. Trigg
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:1. South Warren
2. Corbin
3. Central
4. Belfry
5. Bell County
6. Russell
7. Bourbon County <
8. Garrard County <<< These 3 could be in any order here.
9. Estill County <
10. PT

Looks about right to me.
Samiam Wrote:You mean they haven't done anything nearly as impressive as squeaking by Fairview and Pike Central and getting hammered by Raceland and an injury depleted Belfry team.

Just don't see what they have done or who they have played that would suggest that ranking. I think they will get hammered by pikeville if pikeville doesn't sit a bunch of players. I see you are referring to lc but know one suggested lc should be on the list. Belfry had some injuries but know one talkes about the injuries lc had and the players lc had out. 4 of the lineman that started at the 1st of the year were out for that game. But at this time of year every team have some players out. So play with what have available and not cry about it. Nothing worse than a team saying if we had this one or that one how different it would have been.
It's hard for me to rank the Mtn teams ahead of the Louisville and big city teams.... The team speed generally is in those locations... Speed kills! Granted, the Belfrys and the Breathitts, Hazards, Bells ect. Were fast and good. But, they were jus tough, and played their gameplan and made very few mistakes doing so.. If not for that, the overall speed would've gottem everytime!
bcpc Wrote:It's hard for me to rank the Mtn teams ahead of the Louisville and big city teams.... The team speed generally is in those locations... Speed kills! Granted, the Belfrys and the Breathitts, Hazards, Bells ect. Were fast and good. But, they were jus tough, and played their gameplan and made very few mistakes doing so.. If not for that, the overall speed would've gottem everytime!

Outside of Louisville Central who even fits that criteria in 3A?
Maybe South Warren.. Don't know much about them besides their coach.
bcpc Wrote:Maybe South Warren.. Don't know much about them besides their coach.

I wouldn't say they are from the big city by any means. In fact I would argue a healthy Belfry this year has as much speed as SW and athletes.

Tilghman is the only other team I would say has better athletes and speed.
As I said, I didn't know a lot about them. I do know that Bowling Green has speed and really athletic teams. I jus figured they would As well. But what I do know is...... It's hard to beat the speed from central ky teams. Seen it too many times...
1. Belfry
2. South Warren
3. Corbin
4. Central
5. Bell County
6. Paducah Tilghman
7. Bourbon Co
8. Russell
9. Estill Co
10. Garrard Co
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I wouldn't say they are from the big city by any means. In fact I would argue a healthy Belfry this year has as much speed as SW and athletes.

Tilghman is the only other team I would say has better athletes and speed.

I would not worry too much about Belfry handling speed. They did pretty good against an athletic Henry Clay team. Belfry is the best in the mountains in 3A, the team from the west must have a solid all-round team to beat them in 2014, speed alone will not get it done.
Pages: 1 2