Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank 1A? (Week 10)
Daniel's Creek to be exact.
In my opinion Raceland is a better team this year over last. If they can cross into buckeye land this Friday and beat an Ironton team which very few Ky 1A schools could play with, they can play with anyone.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Lord no. I am just across the river, but im a Blue Bleeding Wildcat. Here is the deal guys. All I was saying is that I have seen countless statements by the Wburg posters on here that give absolutely no chace at anyone beating them. I know that E's, Notch, and 64 have been in our corner before. Im not saying anything is wrong with believing so whole heartedly in your team. I was simply stating that I have seen idk how many rantsback and forth between Wburg fans and other teams' fans. One of my original statements was I wasnt sure that Raceland being ranked over the burg was meritted right now. I also never said that Wburg should be ranked outside the top 5. At this point on the season, imo, teams are ranked based on THIS YEARS, body of work. Who they have returning, additions, and projected starters, etc are all preseason criterea. The top 1-3 are hard to argue in an order, so are the top 4-6 and then the top 7-10. Its just a close year. My true colors have never been hidden. I will support whoever comes out of the east. I can see now that my statement of "not feeling other fans would do the same", wasnt a good assessment. The lot of you wouldnt have become as defensive if that were the case. My opinions on rankings and who i believe will be in BG havent changed. But my opinion on the Wburg faithful isnt negative. It just seems that any time someone thinks anyone is better than the burg, they have no reason to believe that. Thats all i was trying to say bothers me.

Scotty you are trying to walk your dog back harder than Barack Obama it won't work you are in over your head you now have no friends over here. And I take all the good things I said about Raceland back.
topnotch Wrote:Scotty you are trying to walk your dog back harder than Barack Obama it won't work you are in over your head you now have no friends over here. And I take all the good things I said about Raceland back.

Confusednicker:
Ironton Ohio in A running clock just like the Burg.
My pick. 1. Williamsburg 2 Hazard 3 Pikeville 4 Mayfield 5 Russelville
6 Beechwood 7 Frankfort 8 Paintsville 9 Lynn Camp Tie Raceland
topnotch Wrote:My pick. 1. Williamsburg 2 Hazard 3 Pikeville 4 Mayfield 5 Russelville
6 Beechwood 7 Frankfort 8 Paintsville 9 Lynn Camp Tie Raceland

Could you please explain how Paintsville is ranked ahead of Raceland after Raceland beat them very convincingly last week?
Orange Blaze Wrote:Could you please explain how Paintsville is ranked ahead of Raceland after Raceland crushed them last week?

The Lynn Camp ranking doesn't bother you at all?

Confusednicker:
1A is shaking out to 8 good teams. 2 from each region. Williamsburg vs Hazard. Pikeville vs Raceland. Frankfort vs Beechwood. Mayfield vs Russellville. These teams seem to be the leaders. Any one of the eight could end up in BG.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Could you please explain how Paintsville is ranked ahead of Raceland after Raceland beat them very convincingly last week?

Its simple really. He's trying to discredit Raceland so everyone will stop ranking them ahead of Williamsburg. Don't worry none of his posts are ever based off facts or anything of that nature. Everybody thinks its Williamsburg's fan base but in reality its one guy with different accounts that makes them all look terrible.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Could you please explain how Paintsville is ranked ahead of Raceland after Raceland beat them very convincingly last week?
This dude is ranking by emotion. He loves his little team.
mayfield_9 Wrote:The Lynn Camp ranking doesn't bother you at all?

Confusednicker:

Honestly his opinion lost any sense of credibility when he ranked a Paintsville team ahead of a Raceland team that shut them out just three days earlier. It was also absurd of him to rank Williamsburg ahead of Mayfield when Mayfield put a running clock up on them last year. I understand that this is not last year but Mayfield is the 2 time defending state champions and they should always be ranked #1 until a Class A team can prove otherwise. The fact of the matter is that the west, Central KY, and Northern KY in Class A has always been superior to the eastern part of the state. Don't believe me? Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and look and the last 15 years and tell me that I'm wrong.

What about Lynn Camp? Confusednicker:
baseball1974 Wrote:Its simple really. He's trying to discredit Raceland so everyone will stop ranking them ahead of Williamsburg. Don't worry none of his posts are ever based off facts or anything of that nature. Everybody thinks its Williamsburg's fan base but in reality its one guy with different accounts that makes them all look terrible.

facts facts facts.broaden your vocabulary
Orange Blaze Wrote:Honestly his opinion lost any sense of credibility when he ranked a Paintsville team ahead of a Raceland team that shut them out just three days earlier. It was also absurd of him to rank Williamsburg ahead of Mayfield when Mayfield put a running clock up on them last year. I understand that this is not last year but Mayfield is the 2 time defending state champions and they should always be ranked #1 until a Class A team can prove otherwise. The fact of the matter is that the west, Central KY, and Northern KY in Class A has always been superior to the eastern part of the state. Don't believe me? Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and look and the last 15 years and tell me that I'm wrong.

he did it just to pull your strings and it worked.
pjdoug Wrote:What about Lynn Camp? Confusednicker:

Lynn Camp is laying low. Guess who the Burg plays in the 1st Round?

TongueirateSho
Orange Blaze Wrote:Honestly his opinion lost any sense of credibility when he ranked a Paintsville team ahead of a Raceland team that shut them out just three days earlier. It was also absurd of him to rank Williamsburg ahead of Mayfield when Mayfield put a running clock up on them last year. I understand that this is not last year but Mayfield is the 2 time defending state champions and they should always be ranked #1 until a Class A team can prove otherwise. The fact of the matter is that the west, Central KY, and Northern KY in Class A has always been superior to the eastern part of the state. Don't believe me? Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and look and the last 15 years and tell me that I'm wrong.

Mayfield goes bye bye next year.
I think 1A starts evening out. There really the only consistent dominant team. Teams like Beechwood haven't had that aura about them in years.
You take Mayfield out of the equation this year, I think the East is stronger.
pjdoug Wrote:he did it just to pull your strings and it worked.

I agree with you and honestly I shouldn't have played into his trolling. I just don't like it when people say things that have no factual basis to back up their claims.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mayfield goes bye bye next year.
I think 1A starts evening out. There really the only consistent dominant team. Teams like Beechwood haven't had that aura about them in years.
You take Mayfield out of the equation this year, I think the East is stronger.

I look for Mayfield to petition the Khasa to.stay in 1A. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:I look for Mayfield to petition the Khasa to.stay in 1A. Confusederiously:

Only if we can play the Burgs schedule!!!

:flame:
Topnotch hates Raceland now because he hates me. I said some things and went a little over bored. Idc. It is what it is. I said what I said. I appologized and Im over it. His choice to hate is his to make. Go Rams and good luck to ALL TEAMS AND FANS ACROSS THE STATE.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Topnotch hates Raceland now because he hates me. I said some things and went a little over bored. Idc. It is what it is. I said what I said. I appologized and Im over it. His choice to hate is his to make. Go Rams and good luck to ALL TEAMS AND FANS ACROSS THE STATE.

now he is going to have 64 to hang a running clock on you :biglmao:
He can hang big ben for all i care. Nothing we sa on here means nething neway lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:He can hang big ben for all i care. Nothing we sa on here means nething neway lol

rightConfusednicker:
topnotch Wrote:Scotty you are trying to walk your dog back harder than Barack Obama it won't work you are in over your head you now have no friends over here. And I take all the good things I said about Raceland back.

Scotty you are absolutely A Buckeye.

Any team can upset another at this time of the year.

Over all I will put Hazard, Pikeville, Williamsburg , just as good as anything you have.

We played Racerland last year we know exatly what they have.
Mayfield saw what Williamsburg had last year too and that worked out great for you.
Besides it really doesn't matter who makes it from the East because the real title game is the semifinal game in the west. Everyone in the east is usually playing for a cheap runner up trophy that should have gone to team that lost in the west semifinals.