3. Beechwood
4. Raceland
5. Wlliamsburg
6. Russellville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Paintsville
10. Fairview

I'm not sure how the injuries look at Frankfort, but if their still banged up I could see Hazard and possibly Paintsville having an argument over them? I think Russellville may have solidified themselves as a contender and they could possibly be neck and neck with Raceland?
I think Raceland and Russellville both solidified a claim for the number 5 slot. Not sure if either one of them are above Wburg yet. Things are shaking out to be very interesting.
If Raceland can win AT Ironton, imo, its nearly as significant, if not AS significant as the Belfry win was for Pikeville. I dont think it puts Raceland ahead of Pikeville, Mayfield, or Beechwood, unless Raceland manages to win by 2 or more TDs. But imo, a win over Ironton is more than enough to push the Rams ahead of Williamsburg.
1) Mayfield
2) Pikeville
3) Raceland
4) Russellville
5) Williamsburg
6) Beechwood
7) Hazard
8) Frankfort
9) Paris
10) Holy Cross
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:If Raceland can win AT Ironton, imo, its nearly as significant, if not AS significant as the Belfry win was for Pikeville. I dont think it puts Raceland ahead of Pikeville, Mayfield, or Beechwood, unless Raceland manages to win by 2 or more TDs. But imo, a win over Ironton is more than enough to push the Rams ahead of Williamsburg.

Depends. If Russell beats Pikeville and Raceland wins at Ironton I think that would speak volumes.

Winning at Ironton, even when Ironton is down, is a feat in itself. This is a decent Ironton team though.
Beating Ironton will tell me a lot about how far we can go in the playoffs. A win at the Tank would be huge!
1. Mayfield
2. Pikeville
3. Williamsburg
4. Beechwood
5. Russellville
6. Raceland
7. Hazard
8. Frankfort
9. Paintsville
10. Paris
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Pikeville
3. Beechwood
4. Raceland
5. Wlliamsburg
6. Russellville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Paintsville
10. Fairview

EKUAlum05 :lmao: Heck williamsburg is rank better in your SKY POLLS. :insane:
Looks good to me. Agree with baseball74, Russellville opened some eyes this past Friday playing Mayfield as close as they did. Imo, they justified themselves for the sixth spot. You can say the same for Raceland in their impressive win. Things are getting even tighter in class A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Pikeville
3. Beechwood
4. Raceland
5. Wlliamsburg
6. Russellville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Paintsville
10. Fairview

Looks good to me. Williamsburg is yet to play any team with a pulse.
1. Pikeville
2. Mayfield
3. Beechwood
4. Raceland
5. Williamsburg
6. Russellville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Paintsville
10. Holy Cross
several of you are going to be sitting at home on crying drunks while Williamsburg goes to Bowling Green Confusednicker:
Whoever makes it out of the east will have my undyig support. I dont feel the same for many others. Especially Wburg fans. I have never seen a fan base that is so eat up with their program in such a way that its borderline disrespectful to other fans and teams. Whoever makes it out of the east will have earned it.
I think EKU is spot on with his rankings this week. I am in the Williamsburg hasn't played anyone camp. Pike Central and Wayne Co are not quality wins over 3A schools. Yea the offense is explosive but can they handle a tight game and stop someone?
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I think EKU is spot on with his rankings this week. I am in the Williamsburg hasn't played anyone camp. Pike Central and Wayne Co are not quality wins over 3A schools. Yea the offense is explosive but can they handle a tight game and stop someone?

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Whoever makes it out of the east will have my undyig support. I dont feel the same for many others. Especially Wburg fans. I have never seen a fan base that is so eat up with their program in such a way that its borderline disrespectful to other fans and teams. Whoever makes it out of the east will have earned it.

are you kidding? :biglmao:
Scotty we have always respected Raceland after that little speech we will tell it like it is.
Just made a statement of my opinion. I didnt feel that way about the Wburg faithful until everything became a war of words between u all and Pikeville fans. Its my opinion, take it or leave it. Tell it like it is...it all plays out on the field any way and what we "has beens" have to say means very little to nothing any how lol. So go ahead...
Scotty remember that little trip you guys took to the Burg last year, We have the same team back except 1 player the QB plus we have added the 2nd leader in rushing in 5A last year. MASSEY So you want get to play us again this year Pike will take care of that but if we were good enough to beat Hazard which we may not. And you upset Pikeville then you will get to meet up with us again. Now you can just keep on dreaming.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Whoever makes it out of the east will have my undyig support. I dont feel the same for many others. Especially Wburg fans. I have never seen a fan base that is so eat up with their program in such a way that its borderline disrespectful to other fans and teams. Whoever makes it out of the east will have earned it.

Give pikeville fans a pass Scotty_Bronson....He$$ we all support eastern kentucky team....sorry you feel that way about Williamsburg fans. We wouldn't feel that way if Raceland win the east Sc:moon:tty_Br:moon:ns:moon:n
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just made a statement of my opinion. I didnt feel that way about the Wburg faithful until everything became a war of words between u all and Pikeville fans. Its my opinion, take it or leave it. Tell it like it is...it all plays out on the field any way and what we "has beens" have to say means very little to nothing any how lol. So go ahead...

I cant believe you said you've never seen a fanbase so eat up with their program.I've seen way worse,and ranking them out of top 5 is hilarious.
Williamsburg beat Raceland like a rented mule last year and are much better this year. Raceland has done nothing to show they are any better this year than last. Scottie you have shown your true colors. You live so close to Ohio you act like a Buckeye. Same arguments as last year before Williamsburg thumped your Rams.
Scotty, ye ain't a buckeye are ye? lol
pjdoug Wrote:several of you are going to be sitting at home on crying drunks while Williamsburg goes to Bowling Green Confusednicker:

Put the peach wine down pjdoug:hilarious:
Lord no. I am just across the river, but im a Blue Bleeding Wildcat. Here is the deal guys. All I was saying is that I have seen countless statements by the Wburg posters on here that give absolutely no chace at anyone beating them. I know that E's, Notch, and 64 have been in our corner before. Im not saying anything is wrong with believing so whole heartedly in your team. I was simply stating that I have seen idk how many rantsback and forth between Wburg fans and other teams' fans. One of my original statements was I wasnt sure that Raceland being ranked over the burg was meritted right now. I also never said that Wburg should be ranked outside the top 5. At this point on the season, imo, teams are ranked based on THIS YEARS, body of work. Who they have returning, additions, and projected starters, etc are all preseason criterea. The top 1-3 are hard to argue in an order, so are the top 4-6 and then the top 7-10. Its just a close year. My true colors have never been hidden. I will support whoever comes out of the east. I can see now that my statement of "not feeling other fans would do the same", wasnt a good assessment. The lot of you wouldnt have become as defensive if that were the case. My opinions on rankings and who i believe will be in BG havent changed. But my opinion on the Wburg faithful isnt negative. It just seems that any time someone thinks anyone is better than the burg, they have no reason to believe that. Thats all i was trying to say bothers me.
I live in as North-eastern KY as you can get. My family is from Van Lear. My grandmother was a Van. Lear HS Bank Mule. I aint no Buckeye. Lets keep that first and foremost!!!!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Put the peach wine down pjdoug:hilarious:

if I had some I'd put it down :biggrin:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I live in as North-eastern KY as you can get. My family is from Van Lear. My grandmother was a Van. Lear HS Bank Mule. I aint no Buckeye. Lets keep that first and foremost!!!!

I need to get back up to Butcher Holler