Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Lawrence County
This game was very close last year.........but so was the Raceland game! I just don't know what Bulldog team is going to show up. If the team I saw on the field the last two weeks shows up then this game could go either way. If the team that was in the Raceland game shows up then Prestonsburg will have their way. I hope we got some people healthy during the buy week and have everyone back who was out during the Belfry game. I could see a few flashes of improvements in this team the last few weeks and some changes in the lineup seem to be working. This game don't mean much to Lawrence other than a W or L and you would like to see some people rested in a game like this in most cases, but this team needs the playing time to get better and they need a win going into the postseason to stay positive. I hope both teams stay healthy and I hope it's a good game to watch because I will be there.
P-burg wins by 6.
IMO, I feel like Prestonsburg peaked too early in the season. I think they played their best football during the first four weeks of the season. I feel like the Blackcats have leveled out, while other teams continue to improve on a weekly basis. With that being said, I think the Bulldogs win a close game to close out the season. Bulldogs win 38-31.
I hope Lawrence wins to help Shelby Valley win the district. Any other time I would say go Pburg.
oneijoe Wrote:Huh ?!?

1. Even if P-burg loses Friday, it -still- requires Leslie Co. to beat Haysi (and I think another of their point-donating opponents to win Friday, while P-burg's point-donating opponents must all lose) for P-burg to end up as the 3rd seed.

2. Why would they be on the road "all the way to Lexington" for anything ?? :biggrin:

Leslie doesn't play Haysi. Haysi would beat Leslie like a drum on the 4th of July.
Cat Daddy Wrote:IMO, I feel like Prestonsburg peaked too early in the season. I think they played their best football during the first four weeks of the season. I feel like the Blackcats have leveled out, while other teams continue to improve on a weekly basis. With that being said, I think the Bulldogs win a close game to close out the season. Bulldogs win 38-31.

The net effect is the same as what you said...but the real problem for P-burg is INJURIES. The Blackcats have had 3 season-enders and a host of sprains/strains/bruises. It's forced more conservative game planning and play calling offensively and on defense has forced a lot of JV players to play up abruptly at varsity speed. Prestonsburg isn't big enough to have depth to cover it all without a drop-off in performance.

I'm hoping to see consistency return to the P-burg on both sides regardless of the final score as players trickle back into action.

:popcorn:
Real Badman Wrote:Leslie doesn't play Haysi. Haysi would beat Leslie like a drum on the 4th of July.

You're RIGHT and I should know better than to think the Eagles would schedule a team like Haysi in any case (lol). Leslie Co. plays ONE WIN S. Laurel.

:biggrin:
Anybody know if #1 Blackcats Fan is still in leslie county.....or is this a cooling off period......Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:You're RIGHT and I should know better than to think the Eagles would schedule a team like Haysi in any case (lol). Leslie Co. plays ONE WIN S. Laurel.

:biggrin:

Keep bashing Leslie oneijoe... Obviously our schedule must not effect the AP voters around the state because they're ahead of P-Burg and Shelby Valley..
So take the loss they handed you... and move on..
I look for Prestonsburg to come out fired up after being upset by Leslie County last week.

Prestonsburg 34
Lawrence Co. 26
I Rule The World Wrote:Keep bashing Leslie oneijoe... Obviously our schedule must not effect the AP voters around the state because they're ahead of P-Burg and Shelby Valley..

The AP voters around the state don't know what kind of hell valley and pburg went through when they traveled to Leslie. Both teams had over 150 yards in penalties. Actually, I think pburg had over 200! All the broadcasters on the radio even were shocked and complaining about how bad of games these were called. Both valley and pburg had big time starters out, including valleys QB getting thrown out. I guess valley was just lucky enough to hold on and not let it get into over time. Send the AP voters to either of these games and Leslie wouldn't even have a vote for the top 10.
Prestonsburg-35

Lawrence County-21
Spud6 Wrote:I look for Prestonsburg to come out fired up after being upset by Leslie County last week.

Prestonsburg 34
Lawrence Co. 26

No upset here.
I Rule The World Wrote:Obviously our schedule must not effect the AP voters around the state because they're ahead of P-Burg and Shelby Valley..

Actually, I think you're exactly right. I don't think Leslie's schedule affected the AP voters one bit, because I highly doubt any of them have any clue who is even on that schedule.

They looked, saw that Leslie County is 8-1, and ranked them ahead of 2-loss Prestonsburg (who played a MUCH tougher schedule) as well as 2-loss Shelby Valley (who also played a tougher schedule).

It's a good thing the AP rankings have zippo to do with the postseason.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gator95 Wrote:The AP voters around the state don't know what kind of hell valley and pburg went through when they traveled to Leslie. Both teams had over 150 yards in penalties. Actually, I think pburg had over 200! All the broadcasters on the radio even were shocked and complaining about how bad of games these were called. Both valley and pburg had big time starters out, including valleys QB getting thrown out. I guess valley was just lucky enough to hold on and not let it get into over time. Send the AP voters to either of these games and Leslie wouldn't even have a vote for the top 10.

RADIO :lmao:
I Rule The World Wrote:Keep bashing Leslie oneijoe... Obviously our schedule must not effect the AP voters around the state because they're ahead of P-Burg and Shelby Valley..

Actually he's right. Haysi is a real powerhouse in VA. 1A semifinalists. So it's not so much "bashing" as it being right.

:moon:
64SUR Wrote:RADIO :lmao:

What exactly does THAT mean ?!? Announcers may be biased for their local team, but in general, they're pretty knowledgeable football fans. They have to be as it's part of they're work.

P-burg hasn't had HALF that amount of penalty yardage any other game (and I thought the officials in Hazard, who did a 1st down measurement after an incomplete pass, were bad !!)... Ask yourself, do you -honestly- think the set of officials in Hyden are calling it anywhere close to correct/fair ?

:eyeroll:
oneijoe Wrote:What exactly does THAT mean ?!? Announcers may be biased for their local team, but in general, they're pretty knowledgeable football fans. They have to be as it's part of they're work.

P-burg hasn't had HALF that amount of penalty yardage any other game (and I thought the officials in Hazard, who did a 1st down measurement after an incomplete pass, were bad !!)... Ask yourself, do you -honestly- think the set of officials in Hyden are calling it anywhere close to correct/fair ?

Actually it was the same crew for both games.
hawg laig Wrote:Actually it was the same crew for both games.
Well that explains why both the Valley AND Pburg game were both officiated so bad & both away teams had 200 yards and penalties and radio broadcasters were going crazy. C'mon guys, you all can't really think that this is some sort of coincidence that happens to every worthy opponent that comes to Leslie county. Both away teams had the clock stopped on them while playing defense in the 4th quarter while Leslie was trying to make a come back. Players ejected? 3 chances for onside kicks on one kickoff possession? All these things just magically happen when teams travel to Leslie county but hadn't happened previously or weeks after that game. Seems like people are in denial or just plain moronic.
I'm not one to blame referees, but I have seen many games where referees have taken teams out of games. Whether its ejecting players, or everytime a team drives down the field and gets inside the 20 they get backto back openalties, and before you know it its 2nd down and 30 to go. Football is one sport that officiating can be a major a factor. If it was the same crew and they had the exact same circumstances then that's no coincidence. It doesn't happen a lot but it does happen on every level. Referees are human beings that hold grudges and sometimes certain situations will look different to them based off that grudge in the back of their mind. My brother in law was a pampas ass and a ref and he would tell me how common that kind of things is. He said a coach said something to him on the first game of the season one year and every chance he got after that he stuck it to him. Refs and umpires both get away with murder sometimes because the accountability isn't there. Most calls are judgement calls and the people put in place to hold them accountable are usually former refs and umpires. So they usually get the benefit of the doubt. I wish there was a better system to govern these guys because it seems like officiating is getting worse and worse in every sport. You don't have former athletes anymore. You have guys that are fans that have never played the game and don't understand certain situations. They see a coach yelling at them as the same bullies that use to give them a hard time and they hold that grudge as long as possible.
LC in this one in a big way. They score early and often.
Are road 2 Bowling Green starts tomorrow night.
LC 35-P-Burg 7 Go Dawg!!!!!!
BillyRay Wrote:LC in this one in a big way. They score early and often.
Are road 2 Bowling Green starts tomorrow night.
LC 35-P-Burg 7 Go Dawg!!!!!!

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...root8S3vMA]
I would love to see the Dawgs win but when it comes down to it does it really matter. The field is going to water logged and sloppy so I say keep the team healthy and not risk injuries for a game that doesnt effect the playoffs. If either team plans on a passing attack they best get it done in the first half, second half will be mostly a run game due to weather. Dawgs by 6
Prestonsburg 26
Lawrence Co 21
Do-double-gg Wrote:[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...root8S3vMA]

I'm trying to figure out what Are road 2 is.
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm not one to blame referees, but I have seen many games where referees have taken teams out of games. Whether its ejecting players, or everytime a team drives down the field and gets inside the 20 they get backto back openalties, and before you know it its 2nd down and 30 to go. Football is one sport that officiating can be a major a factor. If it was the same crew and they had the exact same circumstances then that's no coincidence. It doesn't happen a lot but it does happen on every level. Referees are human beings that hold grudges and sometimes certain situations will look different to them based off that grudge in the back of their mind. My brother in law was a pampas ass and a ref and he would tell me how common that kind of things is. He said a coach said something to him on the first game of the season one year and every chance he got after that he stuck it to him. Refs and umpires both get away with murder sometimes because the accountability isn't there. Most calls are judgement calls and the people put in place to hold them accountable are usually former refs and umpires. So they usually get the benefit of the doubt. I wish there was a better system to govern these guys because it seems like officiating is getting worse and worse in every sport. You don't have former athletes anymore. You have guys that are fans that have never played the game and don't understand certain situations. They see a coach yelling at them as the same bullies that use to give them a hard time and they hold that grudge as long as possible.

I have to agree with this post :yikes:
Imagine a one loss team being ranked ahead of a two loss team they beat.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This game was very close last year.........but so was the Raceland game! I just don't know what Bulldog team is going to show up. If the team I saw on the field the last two weeks shows up then this game could go either way. If the team that was in the Raceland game shows up then Prestonsburg will have their way. I hope we got some people healthy during the buy week and have everyone back who was out during the Belfry game. I could see a few flashes of improvements in this team the last few weeks and some changes in the lineup seem to be working. This game don't mean much to Lawrence other than a W or L and you would like to see some people rested in a game like this in most cases, but this team needs the playing time to get better and they need a win going into the postseason to stay positive. I hope both teams stay healthy and I hope it's a good game to watch because I will be there.

Dress warmly my friend, then cover with a rain repellent poncho!!! Leave your brass monkeys at home!!
Confusednicker:

64SUR Wrote:Anybody know if #1 Blackcats Fan is still in leslie county.....or is this a cooling off period......Confusednicker:

Blackitty is in Perry County, I believe...negotiating his outfit for tonight!!

Spud6 Wrote:I look for Prestonsburg to come out fired up after being upset by Leslie County last week.

Prestonsburg 34
Lawrence Co. 26

I agree that they will be fired up and hopefully 100% healthy!! However, this game will be closer in score, IMO. I see Prestonsburg winning by 6!!

oneijoe Wrote:What exactly does THAT mean ?!? Announcers may be biased for their local team, but in general, they're pretty knowledgeable football fans. They have to be as it's part of they're work.

I don't know about the officials in Hyden, and very little about any others in other regions besides the 13th. However, I saw the Prestonsburg/Hazard game in person and these officials were terrible, IMO. The never had a hold on this game, and there were little skirmishes breaking out all over the field that they didn't even address. BUT, if one of the officials even THOUGHT there MAY HAVE BEEN an infraction, they huddled up for 5 minutes and discussed it. And that 1st down measurement after an incomplete pass was a true joke. I mean the ball should've gone back to the down marker, but it was moved so much, it was nearly a first down.
:please:
64SUR Wrote:Anybody know if #1 Blackcats Fan is still in leslie county.....or is this a cooling off period......Confusednicker:

Still cooling off 64.