Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Knox Central 10-31
goBIGblue82 Wrote:After losing a starter in the second half of Casey county I could see Corbin being conservative considering there are no implications other than bragging rights.

Who got hurt? When will Nantz and H. Reedy, who were both were hurt in the Bell Co. game be back?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Who got hurt? When will Nantz and H. Reedy, who were both were hurt in the Bell Co. game be back?

Not sure about Nantz, but Reedy is done for the year I believe.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Who got hurt? When will Nantz and H. Reedy, who were both were hurt in the Bell Co. game be back?

Andrew Reedy tore his ACL in the Casey County game. I would think Nantz (ankle) and Harrison (shoulder) are out until first or second round.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not sure about Nantz, but Reedy is done for the year I believe.

I was under the impression that Harrison Reedy has a sprained AC joint and should only be out a couple weeks. However, his brother Andrew just went down with a knee injury.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Andrew Reedy tore his ACL in the Casey County game. I would think Nantz (ankle) and Harrison (shoulder) are out until first or second round.

I was under the impression that Harrison Reedy has a sprained AC joint and should only be out a couple weeks. However, his brother Andrew just went down with a knee injury.

Yea, that was the one I was thinking about.

Either way, Corbin has 3 more weeks until they would really even need them. It would be nice to see Corbin fully health when Central or Bell rolls into town for the region finals.

Isnt the Ledford kid done for the year as well?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea, that was the one I was thinking about.

Either way, Corbin has 3 more weeks until they would really even need them. It would be nice to see Corbin fully health when Central or Bell rolls into town for the region finals.

Isnt the Ledford kid done for the year as well?

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe so. Joe tried his best to come back from an ACL injury last year and a torn meniscus in the spring, but I dont think the knee was allowing him to compete. I heard Browning left the team this past week as well with basketball getting started now. Regardless if they are needed for the next few weeks you hate to see injuries start hitting at this point of the season.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm not 100% on this, but I believe so. Joe tried his best to come back from an ACL injury last year and a torn meniscus in the spring, but I dont think the knee was allowing him to compete. I heard Browning left the team this past week as well with basketball getting started now. Regardless if they are needed for the next few weeks you hate to see injuries start hitting at this point of the season.

I had heard that exact same thing. Really would have liked to of seen him 100% healthy. I was told about the Browning kid earlier this week, but was also told he wasn't really seeing the field much anyways, and would be more valuable in the gym.
I'd say this will be a defensive battle and another close one for Corbin ...home field helps Knox Central I'm going with the upset this week Knox Central 14 Corbin 7. I do think Corbin to be the better team but they under estimate knox and lose turn over battle Knox Central slips out with the win
As much as I want to think both coaches will just play players for a half I don't see it happening.. both are too competitive and will play the starters the whole way..

Taking KNOX in this one 22-20 OT

WE ARE KC!!
Play starters the first half**
kcfan#1 Wrote:Play starters the first half**

want happen kcfan#1 both teams want to win this one. :Cheerlead
Corbin by 2-3 TD's. KC has the talent but not the coaching.
Demarcus ware Wrote:The blowouts being picked makes me want to become a bookie.

KC 28
CORBIN 20

Wait, I thought you WERE a bookie??

panther nation Wrote:Barger's is completely healthy.

Hasn't he played the last couple of games??

Pantherfan59 Wrote:Knox 21-20 OT

Yep, I agree with this one. It will be a close game, and very possibly decided in over time!!

Tight End Wrote:I think the bats could fly in on this game too and given it's right at Halloween, anything can happen! Still think Corbin is going to be the victor in this one. It would sure be a game worth the price of a ticket to get in to watch!! Wishing an injury free game for both teams! :runtouchd

Me too. Far too many teams have had far too many injuries this year!!

I love Halloween; it's normally when the rivalry games are played. Since Harlan County & Bell County had to good sense to move their Friday game to Thursday, I'm gonna try and make this one at Knox Central. I really want to go to Belfry/Johnson Central, but don't think pappy is going to let me cross the mountains alone!!

Good luck to both teams!!!!
TopCat Wrote:Corbin by 2-3 TD's. KC has the talent but not the coaching.

KC just won the district out right .. You don't do that without coaching . Your statement only tells me that you know nothing I would say there won't be 3 touchdowns between them ... Jmo
Time will tell, clo clock is tickin!
TopCat Wrote:Corbin by 2-3 TD's. KC has the talent but not the coaching.

:dudecomeon: that is about as lame of crap I've heard in awhile...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote::dudecomeon: that is about as lame of crap I've heard in awhile...

I agree with you. Either he knows what he's doing or Coach Russell must be very lucky.
Corbin has the most depth of any team in this part of state. I hate to hear about the injuries but believe they can find replacements.
They do have a lot of depth at every position. Even Skill positions
^
I would have to disagree with you on this. Knox is very deep at all position. The past 2 games they have used their #3 RB and they switch out so many linemen that you will forget who at what spot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
bcpc Wrote:They do have a lot of depth at every position. Even Skill positions

Knox can got 3 deep on RB and 4-6 different WR's as well. I would say the panthers are just as deep if not more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
You might be right. Knox might be as deep.... 83+ on the sidelines is always good... Not a single player plays both ways
Is be willing to say they have 30 that play on O, D, special teams. Not too shabby for a 3a city school
Knox has worked really hard to gain depth this year after what happened last year. (Injury bug). As of now, they seem to have accomplished that. With no set starters, they kind of have a 1A group, or the "starters", as well as the 1B group, who gets just as many reps as the 1A group. That shows with their Lineman. On defense, 10 different defensive lineman have gotten reps in previous games. On the O-Line, they are not as deep as they would like to be, (7-8 offensive lineman that get reps) but those guys improve every week. And it helps that they average 250+. I don't think Corbin is ready for the type of system knox is going to bring. Hope they come ready to play, because this is not the same Knox team that played them at corbin last year. Far more advanced.
^ LOL at you thinkin Corbin isn't ready for the system Knox is gonna bring.... Smack talk at its worst!
Sounds like they have it goin on there in Barbourville..... A real breeding ground for D-1 prospects, staff, and administration.... Big Time! Wonder if stoops will be gettin troops signed up from there. Might lose them to the Vols... Might have to settle for the 1B group..
Union might get some of the 1C platoon
topnotch Wrote:I would like to see the pig skin classic have local teams Knox Central Williamsburg North Laurel South Laurel.
Why Williamsburg? They don't want to play anyone other than 1A teams.
Knox is a magnet school for academics as well.. Top 10 school
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Knox has worked really hard to gain depth this year after what happened last year. (Injury bug). As of now, they seem to have accomplished that. With no set starters, they kind of have a 1A group, or the "starters", as well as the 1B group, who gets just as many reps as the 1A group. That shows with their Lineman. On defense, 10 different defensive lineman have gotten reps in previous games. On the O-Line, they are not as deep as they would like to be, (7-8 offensive lineman that get reps) but those guys improve every week. And it helps that they average 250+. I don't think Corbin is ready for the type of system knox is going to bring. Hope they come ready to play, because this is not the same Knox team that played them at corbin last year. Far more advanced.

What kind of system is it?
Magnet school.... All academics