Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Knox Central 10-31
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Magnet school.... All academics

Confusedtare:
Lord, I've sure caused a stir! I never said Knox had D1 prospects. It sure would be nice to have a Stoops appearance though! All I meant was this. Corbin may overlook Knox because of the whipping they gave them last year. Knox is a good ball team. They are much different than last years squad. In many aspects. They have a new defense in case you haven't noticed. They run more of the 4-3 instead of the traditional 4-4. They also blitz... A lot. And offensively, they throw a lot more than they used to. Also, they run something called Zone. It's much different than the traditional power run. Corbin is a good football team. They are not world beaters though. I just hope they come ready to play.
Magnet school? I love good ole KC but the education is a whole other topic lol
Never said Corbin was a world beater.. But you can bet they will be ready to play.. Knox is a really good team I'm sure. Corbin is a good team as well... Last year was last year, Knox has changed, but Corbin has changed too.. Different D and different O as well. Guess we will see how that work out. Still goin with the Hounds!
bcpc Wrote:Sounds like they have it goin on there in Barbourville..... A real breeding ground for D-1 prospects, staff, and administration.... Big Time! Wonder if stoops will be gettin troops signed up from there. Might lose them to the Vols... Might have to settle for the 1B group..

Well Mr smart @@@. Where is Corbin's D-1 prospects???? That what I thought!
No one said nothing about having D1 prospects but you. No one has said anything even close to that. But you want to get on here an bash a program that has made leaps and bounds over the past few years. Pal your the joke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Not your pal........ I'm your enemy this week.
What is Brad Lawson coaching at Knox Central this year?

Ingle is a D1 prospect. Maybe not Power 5 conference but he's a D1 caliber player.
Lambert is a d-1 prospect as well... My statement was made because of this "system" that Knox is bringing in that Corbin can't supposedly handle. Don't start the name callin when the trash was thrown from your side of the field first. I hope your team wins every game except the one this week. Unless you play good ole Breathitt Co.
HAROLD Wrote:What is Brad Lawson coaching at Knox Central this year?

Ingle is a D1 prospect. Maybe not Power 5 conference but he's a D1 caliber player.

I didn't know Brad Lawson had left Jellico.
bcpc Wrote:. I hope your team wins every game except the one this week. Unless you play good ole Breathitt Co.

Well to bad Knox has played good ole Breathitt and beat then 26-0 already this year. Week 0.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
The score was actually 35-0, in favor of Knox. And yes, Brad Lawson does coach for Knox Central. He is the linebacker/running back coach.
That was by no means intended to be trash talking. It was merely my opinion. Trash talking is something along the lines of: Corbin sucks and They won't be able to handle the "D1" prospects knox has. But no. I'm not going to trash talk. I think This game will be a classic. So why would I trash talk? I'm not going to take anything away from the effect of the game.

You blew things way out of proportion. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. You have a good day, sir. Go panthers.
I can tell when Patherfan59 is pissed!! Confusednicker:

He uses grammatically correct sentences, and speaks extremely direct..

I LOVE IT!!!

Smile
No need for people to get personal but I like to see the fire between the two fanbases. Maybe this can turn into a decent little rivalry. I think most would agree that Corbin is the favorite and rightfully should. 10 points sounds about right. That being said, you can't underestimate Knox Central.

The kids at Knox have been a key part in turning around a program that has traditionally been pretty bad. You know that they've always heard the praises of Corbin year after year and may have a little extra fire to prove that they too are a very good team. This could turn out to be a pretty dang good game.

I doubt that you will see the staffs take it easy because the playoffs are coming up. There is too much pride and too many bragging rights to be had. Knox Central will want to knock off "Big Bad Corbin" and Corbin will be too prideful to sacrifice a loss to a local school just so they can go into the playoffs healthy. I look forward to seeing this game.
The more I think about this week. The more I see playing your starters the whole game. Football is a physical and a mental game. If you pull players that are use to playing the majority of a game. Could they lose focus for the comming weeks? If the coach gives up on a game for not wanting players to get injured the player could take it that coach has give up on us. Sending the wrong message to the players.

So with this being said coaches needs to keep their players focused and the only way to do that is play to the best of your abilities and kick the other teams butt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I can tell when Patherfan59 is pissed!! Confusednicker:

He uses grammatically correct sentences, and speaks extremely direct..

I LOVE IT!!!

Smile

You got that right! I try not to mess up in the grammar aspect when I'm mad, because the other party can use that against you! And if you don't speak directly, some people won't understand. As my old Chemistry teacher once said "KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid". That's about as simple as I can get it. Lol
You know what? I never say never when it comes to a football game. I have seen too many teams that people thought would run away with a game, bite the dust. Not sure if emotions get ahold of them and/or they go in thinking they have the game won, but it happens along. Good luck to both teams, hope the game proves to be injury free for both sides!! This is the game we will be listening to tonight! TongueirateSho