Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Belfry on Halloween Night
I can tell you for 100% fact, Cam Catron won't play this week.
JC will give Belfry their Candy! :bounce: :popcorn: Belfry 28 JC 21
I would think JC wants Belfry to at least play them tough and put them in some situations they have not been in during the regular season. Tuning up for the playoffs is important and the first week is no competition.
bucslover68 Wrote:I would think JC wants Belfry to at least play them tough and put them in some situations they have not been in during the regular season. Tuning up for the playoffs is important and the first week is no competition.

Belfry plays everyone tough. That is a sign of the hardnosed character instilled in them from their head coach. Haywood is one of the best and any team of his, despite the odds, are going to play all out for that man and the bold letters written across the front of their jersey. Injuries are part of the game, despite the numerous amount that they have endured this year, JC is going to get all they can handle and then some by this Belfry squad. A lot of young guys are going to have to step up Friday night for JC if they want to come out on top.
The All-Time series history between JC and Belfry.
Belfry leads 25-4.
I'll need a Belfry historian to clarify the 1988 game. The JC history book I have says Belfry won the game 45-14, but JC is credited with the win 1-0.

Year: Winner Score
[COLOR="red"]1971: Belfry 59-6
1972: Belfry 54-6
1973: Belfry 14-0
1974: Belfry 38-0
1975: Belfry 47-8
1976: Belfry 14-13[/COLOR] (The Too High Field Goal game)
[COLOR="red"]1978: Belfry 24-14
1979: Belfry 40-0
1980: Belfry 28-6
1981: Belfry 28-0
1982: Belfry 26-0
1983: Belfry 12-0
1984: Belfry 35-6
1985: Belfry 28-14
1986: Belfry 45-18
1987: Belfry 41-6 [/COLOR]
1988: Belfry 14-45 (Johnson Central is credited with the win 1-0)[COLOR="red"]
1989: Belfry 33-0
1990: Belfry 42-6
1995: Belfry 30-15
1996: Belfry 28-0
1997: Belfry 36-8
1998: Belfry 21-11
2007: Belfry 28-12
2008: Belfry 21-13[/COLOR]
2009: Johnson Central 25-19
2010: Johnson Central 42-7
2011: Johnson Central 21-14
2012: Belfry 17-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-28
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
KyRock Wrote:JC will give Belfry their Candy! :bounce: :popcorn: Belfry 28 JC 21

0 for 9 KY Rock one of these time you going to be right and then you will make a post telling everyone how you pick that game. KY Rock would it not be better and less embarrassing for you if you just would take your medication. Things would look better for you.
:thanks:
I will never pick against the Pirates so i refuse to name a score in this one. Anything can happen on a Friday night but this could be ugly
Belfry needs some beef to step up at DT with Bentley and Horton out. Whitt? Maybe Jordan Scott? I think all of the talk about Belfry being hurt and susceptible to being blown out is fair, but I sure hope the Pirates play to win Friday night.

I mean you still have a health Corbett, Hatfield, and K. Taylor. On defense you still have your Lb'ers and ends. Plug is some big kids who want to battle in that interior d line and go out there and try to stonewall JC! Comon Belfry.
I don't see a running clock, but, I do see JC winning comfortably...JC 35 Belfry 13
N/M
The payoffs are close and neither team wants to take a full two weeks off and then face stiff compettion, not a good plan. Both teams need to be tested and this is the best game to do so. I think this is why both coaches sceduled this game late in the year, to get ready for playoffs.

I know some kids are out both ways, but you have to keep the energy up and keep the momentum going for the playoffs. Seen to many teams take a couple of weeks off before the playoffs and not get the momentum back when a big playoff game comes up.

I look for a hard old fashioned classic in this one. I still think Tyler Pack may decide this game with not just one, but several field goals.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Belfry needs some beef to step up at DT with Bentley and Horton out. Whitt? Maybe Jordan Scott? I think all of the talk about Belfry being hurt and susceptible to being blown out is fair, but I sure hope the Pirates play to win Friday night.

I mean you still have a health Corbett, Hatfield, and K. Taylor. On defense you still have your Lb'ers and ends. Plug is some big kids who want to battle in that interior d line and go out there and try to stonewall JC! Comon Belfry.

Belfry is already using Drew Mullins at noseguard some off the offensive line. Bentley may be able to go, but I don't know for sure and I don't know about Horton. Belfry will definitely go down there and compete and play hard, but like any team with players, out or possibly out, you would like to have your full arsenal against a team like JC.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry is already using Drew Mullins at noseguard some odd the offensive line. Bentley may be able to go, but I don't know for sure and I don't know about Horton. Belfry will definitely go down there and compete and play hard, but like any team with players out or possibly out, you would like to have your full arsenal against a team like JC.

Yeah I don't want people to misinterpret what it all boils down to. It's not an effort to say "JC will only win because Belfry is missing half their team"... truth be told.. and last year illustrates it... even a fairly healthy Belfry team could get their brakes beaten off by JC if they don't bring their A-game.

JC is a very good team.. even if both squads were healthy I would consider them the favorite. Even with all the pieces missing Belfry still is a quality team too.. they just put a running clock on Pike Central with a depleted roster and would have gained 700 yards if not for the mercy of clock and Haywood. This is more of a compliment to JC and how good they are. Simply put JC's offense would be a huge challenge for Belfry with a roster as Fresh as the start of the season.. but missing 5 Starters including possibly the best defensive linemen East of Jefferson County.. the Pirates are in for a long night.

I would love for Belfry to prove me wrong. I dont think they roll over...but at the same time the effect of missing so many guys on both sides of the ball has compound effects.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The All-Time series history between JC and Belfry.
Belfry leads 25-4.
I'll need a Belfry historian to clarify the 1988 game. The JC history book I have says Belfry won the game 45-14, but JC is credited with the win 1-0.

Year: Winner Score
[COLOR="red"]1971: Belfry 59-6
1972: Belfry 54-6
1973: Belfry 14-0
1974: Belfry 38-0
1975: Belfry 47-8
1976: Belfry 14-13[/COLOR] (The Too High Field Goal game)
[COLOR="red"]1978: Belfry 24-14
1979: Belfry 40-0
1980: Belfry 28-6
1981: Belfry 28-0
1982: Belfry 26-0
1983: Belfry 12-0
1984: Belfry 35-6
1985: Belfry 28-14
1986: Belfry 45-18
1987: Belfry 41-6 [/COLOR]
1988: Belfry 14-45 (Johnson Central is credited with the win 1-0)[COLOR="red"]
1989: Belfry 33-0
1990: Belfry 42-6
1995: Belfry 30-15
1996: Belfry 28-0
1997: Belfry 36-8
1998: Belfry 21-11
2007: Belfry 28-12
2008: Belfry 21-13[/COLOR]
2009: Johnson Central 25-19
2010: Johnson Central 42-7
2011: Johnson Central 21-14
2012: Belfry 17-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-28

Best I can remember, Belfry got in to a little trouble with the KHSAA and had to give up its district title. I think Belfry still acknowledges the individual wins from that season, but I am not sure if the KHSAA told them to forfeit the wins or not.
Whitt def needs to see more playing time. He is a strong kid that can plug up the middle.
I have only heard 3rd hand rumors of Hortons injury and that it is a separated shoulder. If that is the case I see him being rested this week and likely will get limited play against Jackson Co (Most likely) in the first round.
Bentley with only bruised ribs not broken according to his Dad. They are looking for a proper rib protector and then to see if Haywood lets him play.
Belfry will come to play, I'm just not sure how well we will compete with JC considering all the injuries we have suffered this season. Although we have several RB's out, Hatfield, Taylor and Dotson along with Corbett at QB is still a good backfield. Dotson has really impressed me these past 2 weeks with the limited practice time he's had at the position. He's a hardnosed runner, he's fast and he will block, which is something we haven't seen much of this year.

Even though our backfield has been hit hard, it seems like the defensive side of the ball has taken the bigger blow. Missing Horton will be killer, along with the DB's that will still be missing this week. It's not looking good for the Pirates this week, but this will give the kids a shot at showing how much heart they really have.
How is Belfry's passing game?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How is Belfry's passing game?

Has a bright future but not currently operating optimally. Corbett is going to be special if he ticks to developing in the system, kid has a cannon and has made some beautiful throws but also still makes poor choices with his throws at times.
I see Belfry pulling out all stops and winning by two TD's
Belfry 28
JC 14

Good luck to both teams. Should be a great game.
Well, Halloween is just around the corner, so will it be trick or treat for the Eagles and Pirates???

I'm dying to see this game!!

Good luck guys; no more injuries please!!
Football1987 Wrote:I see Belfry pulling out all stops and winning by two TD's
Belfry 28
JC 14
Good luck to both teams. Should be a great game.

:dudecomeon:
Pulp, what ya got up your sleeve for this game??
If you can't make it out to this one to support your team... make sure to tune in on ThisTV or WYMT.com

Your ONLY source for live local HS football Smile
I guess everyone will figure out how good JC is this Friday!
Granny Bear Wrote:Pulp, what ya got up your sleeve for this game??

:headphone

How often does Halloween Night fall on a home football game against one of your rival schools????

[Image: http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-conte...39x360.jpg]

Big Grin
^^
Rarely!!! Which is why I'm dying to get over there!!! You best not disappoint!! The music should be GREAT!!!

zaga_fan Wrote:If you can't make it out to this one to support your team... make sure to tune in on ThisTV or WYMT.com

^^
hint hint dig dig
zaga_fan Wrote:If you can't make it out to this one to support your team... make sure to tune in on ThisTV or WYMT.com

You made me go check the schedule on WYMT, I think I will be feeling "ill" when the wife takes the little ones out trick or treating
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
hint hint dig dig

I only speak the truth Granny Bear!