Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Belfry on Halloween Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Golden Eagles (9-0) on the season face The Pirates (8-1) in what some people say is the best two football programs in the mountains.

This is gonna be epic. A huge rivalry game.... on Halloween night.

[Image: 225px-Michaelmyers2007.JPG]
Eagles roll, possibly put a running clock on Belfry depending on the injury report. Any players who are questionable I'm assuming will be sat out for this game to get healthy for the playoffs.
irishcard16 Wrote:Eagles roll, possibly put a running clock on Belfry depending on the injury report. Any players who are questionable I'm assuming will be sat out for this game to get healthy for the playoffs.

I think you will see that on both sides. Both teams seem to be dealing with dings and bruises right now. No need in risking something that can heal with rest instead of possibly turning it in to season ending.
Eagles by 17
Eagles by 4 or 5 scores. Belfry is not the same Belfry from last year. Very injury prone and likely to turn the ball over. JC wins the battle on the LOS and makes it a long night for the Pirates.
No way this game is a 4 or 5 TD score. Both sides will probably rest the guys that are banged up right now so the outcome will depend on which younger group steps up to the challenge. Crazy how this series has played out, neither team has seemed to be able to win on their own turf.
This must be the week of rival football games!! And every few years this Friday falls on Halloween!!! I love it.

We moved our game with Bell County to Thursday night, so I'm dying to come over to this game. Pappy don't want me to drive the mountains alone on Halloween, so looking for someone to go with me.

Any takers????
Johnson Central will spook the Pirates 56-0 Confusednicker:
Realistically could be looking at a 43-7, 43-14 type of game. It would surprise me if the Pirates keep it withing 2-3 scores.
Going to be ugly. It literally is going to be essentially JC vs the Belfry JV defense.

Thinking somewhere in the range of 52-20 JC.

Was hoping for a great game but belfry is literally missing about 5 defensive starters and about three of their backups.
Would really like to see Belfry win this one and make it a classic as usual,but the injuries for the Pirates will make a difference.
Johnson Central-38
Belfry-14
Might be looking at a 400-500 yard rushing game for the eagles.
Who is out for Belfry? Where is this game at?
A lot of injuries for the Pirates. Let's just hope the scores stayed a little respectable.
X Willis ankle, A Woolum knee, R Horton shoulder, C Bentley Ribs, C Catron collar bone. Not sure about the others.
JC won the JV but Belfry won the freshman game. Looks like a lot of young kids will get their chance this game.
proud44pirate Wrote:X Willis ankle, A Woolum knee, R Horton shoulder, C Bentley Ribs, C Catron collar bone. Not sure about the others.

Kaleb Edwards as well not to mention Belfry has been playing less Joplin who transferred.
I wish that Belfry was healthy because I think this would be a better game then last year. Both teams are very young in a lot of places and that should be very scary for all mountain teams in the future. If both teams are trying to get healthy and resting people then it's hard to say how this one will go.
I think both teams are thinking about bigger things on down the road.
Belfry 42
Johnson Central 35

Belfry is still Belfry.....I think TongueirateSho
I hope to make it to this game. Should be a great one
With Johnson Central playing Harrison County (0-9) and Belfry playing Jackson County (1-8) in the 1st round of the playoffs....

It wouldn't surprise me to see both teams rest some of their players that have some nagging injuries.

It will give them 2 weeks to rest and be ready for the 2nd round of the playoffs.

And yes... I know this is a big rivalry game, and I want to see JC win out and go 10-0.
But I would rather see a deep playoff run with a full, healthy team than lose some starters to injuries in this game.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With Johnson Central playing Harrison County (0-9) and Belfry playing Jackson County (1-8) in the 1st round of the playoffs....

It wouldn't surprise me to see both teams rest some of their players that have some nagging injuries.

It will give them 2 weeks to rest and be ready for the 2nd round of the playoffs.

And yes... I know this is a big rivalry game, and I want to see JC win out and go 10-0.
But I would rather see a deep playoff run with a full, healthy team than lose some starters to injuries in this game.
I agree. Both teams have their sights set for greater things. This is the most banged up I can remember a Belfry team. The offense still has a shot to do some good things against JC, but if Belfry is without half their starting defense, including the two big guys up front in Horton and Bentley, then it will be a long night for the Big Red. The Belfry D has been inconsistent against runs up the gut and we all know where JC likes to run. The best game plan for Belfry is to rely on its big O line and control ball and clock and score when the opportunity arises. Easier said than done IMO, but strange things happen in this series. Both teams have only held serve once at home during this series in the last 7 meetings.
Always the best game of the year, the two best programs and coaches in the mountains.

I am not buying the Belfry being hurt talk. Haywood will not come to Johnsonville to lose. This is a chess game between tow great football minds. Smashmouth at its best. It may take a pack FG for JC to pull this one out.

It will be the place to be Friday nigh if you like big time Mountain Football!
This will be an outstanding game. May make the trip from London to watch this. I gotta go with Johnson though .
I can see this one being very, very ugly, with Central jumping out to a big lead and then playing a lot of the back up players.

I think if both teams were healthy Central still wins by a lot.

Injuries catch up to Belfry. JC by 1.
MonsterMan Wrote:Always the best game of the year, the two best programs and coaches in the mountains.

I am not buying the Belfry being hurt talk. Haywood will not come to Johnsonville to lose. This is a chess game between tow great football minds. Smashmouth at its best. It may take a pack FG for JC to pull this one out.

It will be the place to be Friday nigh if you like big time Mountain Football!
Don't buy it then. We're not trying to sale it anyway. It's the truth. A lot of kids are hurt. And they need to get better for a deep playoff run.
irishcard16 Wrote:Eagles roll, possibly put a running clock on Belfry depending on the injury report. Any players who are questionable I'm assuming will be sat out for this game to get healthy for the playoffs.

No matter the injury report for the Pirates I can't see them letting a running clock be put on them.
The injuries are not an excuse for Belfry. Believe me if they are anywhere near 100 pct I like Belfry to be competitive. But some of these are not just dings, some will require more time. I'll detail you what I know about the 6 players that could miss Friday. Let me say none of this is official and should NOT be taken that way at all. But my sources come from within the team and more specifically the coaching staff.
1) Kaleb Edwards...senior starting safety and top HB reserve...stubborn toe injury...has dressed the last two weeks, I think mainly because he is the backup long snapper. Has not played offense or defense the last two weeks. Zero idea if he will play.
2) Austin Woolum...Soph. Kicker and top corner in place of injured Willis...Out, but will know more on Monday after MRI...at least a knee strain and hopefully nothing more, but could be a tear. Saw Dr. Royalty at Highlands Clinic Saturday am.
3) Xondre Willis...junior starting HB/CB...high ankle sprain....told my source last Tuesday he was 65 pct...very questionable IMO. But who knows.
4) Cole Bentley...Soph. TE/DT/NG... Rib injury...will be sore...may go this week...may not.
5) Ray Horton...Soph DT/TE...right shoulder injury...nothing major according to my source but "they may hold him this week."
6) Cameron Catron...Soph. Starting safety and HB...collarbone fracture against Henry Clay..."counting down the days until he is released"...probably by week 1 playoffs, but could he go this week? No idea how aggressive Haywood and staff will be.
All this info has been put here on BGR or on other social media by parents.
I think Belfry will take a fairly conservative approach to the injured players for this game, but I believe 2 or 3 COULD play.
I never pick against Belfry but realistically this is a huge mountain to climb for the young and very injured Pirates. My wish is that both teams do not lose any more players to injury during this game. I'm hoping that JC plays their worst game of the year and Belfry plays their best.

Belfry 20
JC 14
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5