Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie 41 Prestonsburg 34
Wow! What a game! Shoulda been the D championship. But it's not. Great win 4 the entire community. Have a lot behind you entering the playoffs as we travel to LCA. They have put us out 2 outta the 3 times in the past time. Time 4 some payback! Great game by Whitaker, Josh Bray, James Brock, Conner Bray and the entire O and D Line!! These kids don't give up and battle till the last horn! Great called
Game by the coaching staff as well. The Melton's gets stuff done!! Go eagles!!
4ever witness Wrote:Wow! What a game! Shoulda been the D championship. But it's not. Great win 4 the entire community.

I have to disagree that this should have been the district championship. Personally, I still think the true district title game was played 2 weeks ago between Valley and Prestonsburg. But I am probably a little biased, as you are probably too, lol.

I think we can agree that between these 3 teams, there have been 3 tremendous games played these last few weeks. I guess you could say that any of them could have been the district championship.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well who ever the 1 is will get a very scrappy Somerset team. They are winless but I wouldn't want to play them in the first game..
bac2369 Wrote:Well who ever the 1 is will get a very scrappy Somerset team. They are winless but I wouldn't want to play them in the first game..

This is true. No matter who gets the #1 seed, there won't be much benefit in the first round. I don't think there is much difference between drawing Middlesboro or Somerset, two evenly matched teams.

The main prize for getting the top seed would be in the 2nd round, when they would host instead of going on the road. But they would have to get out of a very difficult first-round game to even get that second home game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ill tell you what happens a lot of times when it comes to trash talk. Kids are in each others faces jawing, official walks up. One kid will have to get the last word in. So the ref dont hear one side, even though your pretty sure they said something, its only the kid retaliating that you actually hear thats you can flag.
Same with pushing or hits after the play. I tell kids all the time the person who retaliates normally gets caught/penalized. The refs may not see whats going on between two kids on a play away from the ball but when the whistle blows and a kid takes one more shot it stands out.
Not trying to argue what happend. Im just saying for a kid to get ejected i all but promise it was deserved. I just get upset when i see a kid on the court/field go nuts over a call or problem with a player. Then the fans/coaches make it look like the refs fault when they have to penalize and/or eject. No matter what the kids have to understand they can not for any reason argue a call.
I will take that answer , accept it and agree with it . It's just funny how it always happens to the other team over there .
Great game Eagles. Just keep on keeping on.
Football fan 0 Wrote:I will take that answer , accept it and agree with it . It's just funny how it always happens to the other team over there .

Most of the time its because parents/coaches will tell kids you're going to get cheated when on the road so you have to make up for it. So the kids have in the back of their mind they're getting cheated but most penalties are deserved and then they act out. Not just referring to playing Leslie but road games in general. Ive never agreed with giving kids that kind of mindset, its making excuses before the game is ever played.
More Cowbell Wrote:I have to disagree that this should have been the district championship. Personally, I still think the true district title game was played 2 weeks ago between Valley and Prestonsburg. But I am probably a little biased, as you are probably too, lol.

I think we can agree that between these 3 teams, there have been 3 tremendous games played these last few weeks. I guess you could say that any of them could have been the district championship.

Very well said... 3 Very Tough teams with playmakers on all...
Football fan 0 Wrote:I will take that answer , accept it and agree with it . It's just funny how it always happens to the other team over there .

I can tell you from following the team that last year's team cost themselves some games because of stupid personal foul penalties. Probably the most penalized team in the state and deserved was Leslie Co. Last season. A real effort was made to get those lowered along with the turnovers. Don't get me wrong, they still get them, but the team understands what it cost them last year by running their mouths the whole time. I think they have some form of punishment in place for stupid penalties also...
KY Headhunter Wrote:No. They started at 21. Couple completed passes and of course some laundry to help and they drove it down for the score. Pburg had over 220 yrds penalties. Thats crazy.

So it was THAT kind of game. GLAD I wasn't home to watch...
As a valley fan I am glad Leslie got the win . But what I can't figure out is why with two min. Left in the game why Derrosit just didn't run the clock out ? Weather you win by 1 or 21 it's still a win. Same scenario at pikeville at the first of the year . They win both those games if they just keep it on the ground . But like I said as a Shelby Valley fan I'm glad it worked out the way it did last night .
Coaching move of the night was Leslie letting P-Burg score from inside the 20 so they could get the ball back down 8... P-Burg had a first down and Leslie had 1 timeout with 1:12 to go on the clock.
Coaching error cost Prestonsburg the game. Plain and simple. 1:17 left, first and goal. As Leslie had only one timeout left, Pburg could have run out the clock by taking a knee twice. Unbelievably bad clock management from a veteran coach.
I agree . It was the only chance you had .
And people on B. G. R. Talk about L. C. Fans. Hahahaha
I see a Leslie-Shelby Valley rematch in week 2 with the winner the likely regional champion. Both teams are improving each week while Prestonsburg looks like the same team of a month ago.
DaveB Wrote:It's amazing how much people bitch and moan about officiating when they lose. This "home grown" garbage is so childish. As if the folks at Leslie County High School got together earlier this week and went out in the community and found a few guys to call the game for them.

And it's no different in any sport on any level. People were screaming that UK got cheated at Florida because of the play clock. Insinuating that the refs were somehow home grown Gator fans or something.

Put your big boy pants on and realize that no matter what you think, refs aren't out to get you. Sure, sometimes they make bad calls but such is life. Hearing people whine about officiating is the most juvenile thing in sports.

Well said. Congrats to Leslie Eagles!
Eagle1966 Wrote:Coaching error cost Prestonsburg the game. Plain and simple. 1:17 left, first and goal. As Leslie had only one timeout left, Pburg could have run out the clock by taking a knee twice. Unbelievably bad clock management from a veteran coach.

Wasn't at the game but listening to it on radio at work. From what I heard on radio you had to take what the officiating would give you. I would not been surprised if official would have called it back. On radio they said there was a delay in calling it a td by the official . Let the kids play !!!!!!!
Gator95 Wrote:You are a moron..
What about both teams having players ejected and the penalty yardage. I've yet to see you make a case about that. I'll say it again. Valley had 3 starters out and the starting QB was ejected and we still beat you. You lost because your not as good as valley, plain and simple lol. But okay, I'm done too! Have fun on the trip to LCA with your luxurious 3 seed Confusednicker:

There was NOT a player ejected at the P-burg- Leslie game. You need to get your facts straight before commenting.
Football fan 0 Wrote:But the Leslie boys never say anything . That's amazing !!!!!!!!

Why would they ?? The calls were going their way !! Smile
Eagle1966 Wrote:Coaching error cost Prestonsburg the game. Plain and simple. 1:17 left, first and goal. As Leslie had only one timeout left, Pburg could have run out the clock by taking a knee twice. Unbelievably bad clock management from a veteran coach.

OK, now I get what happened (I'd been wondering what the set up was). And you're RIGHT, Coach D should have had Jarrell take knees, or run around east-west-backward to kill clock before taking a knee.

A ball carrier with an open path to the end zone does NOT naturally take a knee before scoring. That's why you can't run a real play up ONE point with little time remaining. It isn't reasonable to expect the runner to KNOW to pull up short of scoring. A similar situation happened way back in 2003 when P-burg allowed a late Belfry score to get the ball back.

But in any case, P-burg should have been in good shape with an 8 pt. lead and ~1:30 remaining (without a long KO return where the drive began). A BUNCH of stuff had to happen for Leslie/against P-burg to tie the game and it obviously happened.

Even if the chain crew lost the ability to move faster than a crawl and the officials had no problem with it (what I've heard) - NO MATTER how blatant it gets - P-burg's defensive players must NOT complain about it. It may be understandable, given the circumstances, but only the COACH should be opening his mouth. Still not an easy lesson for a young man to learn.

No more complaining. It took a bunch of things to work exactly right for the Eagles to pull this one out and it all happened just that way. The better team does not always win.

Confusedhh::popcorn:
I Rule The World Wrote:Coaching move of the night was Leslie letting P-Burg score from inside the 20 so they could get the ball back down 8... P-Burg had a first down and Leslie had 1 timeout with 1:12 to go on the clock.

oneijoe Wrote:OK, now I get what happened (I'd been wondering what the set up was). And you're RIGHT, Coach D should have had Jarrell take knees, or run around east-west-backward to kill clock before taking a knee.

A ball carrier with an open path to the end zone does NOT naturally take a knee before scoring. That's why you can't run a real play up ONE point with little time remaining. It isn't reasonable to expect the runner to KNOW to pull up short of scoring. A similar situation happened way back in 2003 when P-burg allowed a late Belfry score to get the ball back.

But in any case, P-burg should have been in good shape with an 8 pt. lead and ~1:30 remaining (without a long KO return where the drive began). A BUNCH of stuff had to happen for Leslie/against P-burg to tie the game and it obviously happened.

That was an inexcusable error for the Prestonsburg coaching staff. I know that a team SHOULD win with an 8 point lead and 1:30 remaining. But that same team WILL win if they simply take 3 knees and eat up all the clock. It was a mistake to run a play in that situation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:That was an inexcusable error for the Prestonsburg coaching staff. I know that a team SHOULD win with an 8 point lead and 1:30 remaining. But that same team WILL win if they simply take 3 knees and eat up all the clock. It was a mistake to run a play in that situation.

I'd say the knee would have been called the next play. Unfortunate timing (for P-burg). You have to realize at the time a play had to be called, P-burg may not have been able to ice it by the math. So they just ran the called play.

It's one of the many things which HAD to happen for the Eagles to take it.

:HitWall:
P-burg will be fine, they will still win the region, statement made.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Most of the time its because parents/coaches will tell kids you're going to get cheated when on the road so you have to make up for it. So the kids have in the back of their mind they're getting cheated but most penalties are deserved and then they act out. Not just referring to playing Leslie but road games in general. Ive never agreed with giving kids that kind of mindset, its making excuses before the game is ever played.

Ive never though of it like that, but very true.
if sv gets the first seat then doesn't Leslie County get the second seat due to the second tie breaker don't go by points it will go by head to head and leslie county beat P - burg so they will get it
No matter what the seeds are in the playoffs, the first round games are going to be tough ones. LCA, Danville, Middlesboro, and Somerset are going to be tough outs for anyone.
No bobcatforlife . It doesn't work like that . Were p-burg beat Valley and valley beat Leslie and Leslie beat p-burg there all 2and 1 in the district . So it goes to the tiebreaker system .
Eagle1966 Wrote:I see a Leslie-Shelby Valley rematch in week 2 with the winner the likely regional champion. Both teams are improving each week while Prestonsburg looks like the same team of a month ago.

I see a Leslie Co. vs Somerset in round 2. But then it could be Shelby Valley and LCA. Who knows. I will guarantee you one thing Somerset will go ready to play.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead So I will say been there done that and Somerset wins. Leslie Co. wins.
:HitWall::HitWall: