Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie 41 Prestonsburg 34
Pburg has a better chance of beating Lawrence than Shelby Valley does beating Fleming. Just my opinion. It will be a wild finish. Valley, Pburg and Leslie is going to be a tough matchup for anybody out of that district.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Pburg has a better chance of beating Lawrence than Shelby Valley does beating Fleming. Just my opinion. It will be a wild finish. Valley, Pburg and Leslie is going to be a tough matchup for anybody out of that district.

Not so sure about that. Lawrence gave Belfry a great game up until the last few minutes of it. Both will be great games either way. But even if both teams win valley will get it. Pburgs only hope is that Valley loses AND they beat Lawernce.
Both Valley and Pburg will have their hands full for sure. Like I said it will be a wild finish.
This is a great example of why it pays to play a tough schedule. Leslie only has 1 loss but wins over teams like Knott Co doesnt help in the long run.
Gator95 Wrote:No, because Fleming has just as good as a record as Lawrence. And right now school is 5 points ahead of pburg. So if pburg wins and valley loses then pburg will get the 1 seed. If they both win valley gets it.

Actually, right now SV is only 3 points ahead of Prestonsburg, 21 to 18. I discussed this in detail on a separate thread. Here's how next week goes:

1) SV beats Fleming = SV should get the #1 seed regardless of the PB/LC game

2) Lawrence beats P-Burg = SV should get the #1 seed regardless of the SV/FC game

3) P-Burg wins and SV loses = P-Burg moves into the drivers' seat, but SV still has a chance depending on other results
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
heard that a burg player was ejected. any truth to this?
KY Headhunter Wrote:This is a great example of why it pays to play a tough schedule. Leslie only has 1 loss but wins over teams like Knott Co doesnt help in the long run.

Leslie should have beaten Shelby Valley and a weak schedule had nothing to do with it. Shelby Valley will not beat LCA or Leslie in the 2nd round Mark it down KY Headhunter. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Leslie should have beaten Shelby Valley and a weak schedule had nothing to do with it. Shelby Valley will not beat LCA or Leslie in the 2nd round Mark it down KY Headhunter. :popcorn:
Honestly I dont think SV can beat Somerset or Middlesboro in the 1st round whoever they shall get...
good game. way to go Eagles.
64SUR Wrote:Leslie should have beaten Shelby Valley and a weak schedule had nothing to do with it. Shelby Valley will not beat LCA or Leslie in the 2nd round Mark it down KY Headhunter. :popcorn:
Thats not what I meant. Leslie has 1 loss but the wins are against weaker teams. Thats why I said it pays to play better teams. With a tougher schedule you would have a chance for the district title next week.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Honestly I dont think SV can beat Somerset or Middlesboro in the 1st round whoever they shall get...
Don't really agree with this, somerset is winless and was defeated by Pike Central by about 11 I think? I'm pretty sure Valley is better than Pike Central. Also Middlesboro was slaughtered by Pikeville without Pugh. Pikeville best pburg by a TD in a game pburg should've won if not for bad coaching. The Pburg and Valley game was a great one and they can play with about anyone. Valley and pburg both win first round and it wouldn't surprise me if they played eachother for the region championship.

You sir, are wrong. Both Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg would have their way with Leslie on a neutral field. Valley had 3 starters out against you and the starting QB was tossed at halftime and your team still couldn't win. From what I've heard all over the radio and from people who were at the game. Pburg had over 200 yards in penalties and it was a horrible called game just like the Valley game. Leslie isn't that good, I'm sorry to tell you.
Gator95 Wrote:Don't really agree with this, somerset is winless and was defeated by Pike Central by about 11 I think? I'm pretty sure Valley is better than Pike Central. Also Middlesboro was slaughtered by Pikeville without Pugh. Pikeville best pburg by a TD in a game pburg should've won if not for bad coaching. The Pburg and Valley game was a great one and they can play with about anyone. Valley and pburg both win first round and it wouldn't surprise me if they played eachother for the region championship.
I didn't know 11 points was a slaughtering dang I guess Pikeville slaughtered Belfry too.. lol... Also Somerset barely lost to LCA and Middlesboro got creamed so your logic isn't really legit.. The same LCA team that loss to CAL by about as many as Desales did who is suppose to be the big time favorite in 2a... People can count the losses from Middlesboro Somerset Danville and LCA all they want but in the end this is just as tough of a district as the other... Danville loss by 8 to corbin bell beat knox central corbin beat bell middlesboro beat bell so whats the logic there can shelby valley beat bell or corbin??
I just honestly think that SV and Leslie are a tad bit overrated at this point and in the end it will show...
So valley shouldn't have beat Leslie ? I know the refs cheated Leslie out of it . I know one thing is that any one team let alone two that gets 200 yards of penalties called on them and players throwed off each team in the game in two straight weeks and both games are played at Leslie co. Then just call me stupid or dumb or whatever u want to call me but somthing wrong with that picture . Or let me just be truthful . You CHEAT,!!!!!! And you always have over there and u always will.
Congrats Eagles
Gator95 Wrote:You sir, are wrong. Both Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg would have their way with Leslie on a neutral field. Valley had 3 starters out against you and the starting QB was tossed at halftime and your team still couldn't win. From what I've heard all over the radio and from people who were at the game. Pburg had over 200 yards in penalties and it was a horrible called game just like the Valley game. Leslie isn't that good, I'm sorry to tell you.

They beat a team tonight who beat Shelby Valley buy 14...hell you obviously don't want referee :ref2: to make any call, I have hear this for 2 week now..beginning to think prestonsburg and Shelby Valley fans are kissing cousins..... Just sayin move on before I pick against both teams in playoff...I don't like cry babies. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:They beat a team tonight who beat Shelby Valley buy 14...hell you obviously don't want referee :ref2: to make any call, I have hear this for 2 week now..beginning to think prestonsburg and Shelby Valley fans are kissing cousins..... Just sayin move on before I pick against both teams in playoff...I don't like cry babies. :lmao:

Actually Valley lost to Pburg by 8. So you can get your facts strait first. Any call? Valley had over 150 yards of penalties & Pburg had over 200 and both teams had players thrown out at your field? Coincidences? Move on? I don't have to, I already got the satisfaction of watching my team kick your teams ass while getting cheated at the same time lol. Leslie doesn't make it past the first round. Idc if you pick against my team. I'm picking against yours. Prestonsburg and Valley fans both know exactly what goes on at Leslie county. People aren't stupid. It's sad that you actually believe half the things you say.
Gator95 Wrote:Actually Valley lost to Pburg by 8. So you can get your facts strait first. Any call? Valley had over 150 yards of penalties & Pburg had over 200 and both teams had players thrown out at your field? Coincidences? Move on? I don't have to, I already got the satisfaction of watching my team kick your teams ass while getting cheated at the same time lol. Leslie doesn't make it past the first round. Idc if you pick against my team. I'm picking against yours. Prestonsburg and Valley fans both know exactly what goes on at Leslie county. People aren't stupid. It's sad that you actually believe half the things you say.

Dam if we cheated how in the hell did we lose to Shelby Valley....Case closed I :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
Gator95 Wrote:Actually Valley lost to Pburg by 8. So you can get your facts strait first. Any call? Valley had over 150 yards of penalties & Pburg had over 200 and both teams had players thrown out at your field? Coincidences? Move on? I don't have to, I already got the satisfaction of watching my team kick your teams ass while getting cheated at the same time lol. Leslie doesn't make it past the first round. Idc if you pick against my team. I'm picking against yours. Prestonsburg and Valley fans both know exactly what goes on at Leslie county. People aren't stupid. It's sad that you actually believe half the things you say.

I hear prestonsburg got cheated out of 8pts. That would have been 14pts. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:I hear prestonsburg got cheated out of 8pts. That would have been 14pts. :lmao:

You are a moron..
What about both teams having players ejected and the penalty yardage. I've yet to see you make a case about that. I'll say it again. Valley had 3 starters out and the starting QB was ejected and we still beat you. You lost because your not as good as valley, plain and simple lol. But okay, I'm done too! Have fun on the trip to LCA with your luxurious 3 seed Confusednicker:

Maybe the coincidence is that both teams had a player that either did or said something to be tossed? Is that to hard to believe? Two teenage kids saying something without thinking? Why is everyone so quick to judge the guys in stripes when they throw a kid out? The last thing an official wants to do is eject ANYONE. However, no official will let a player cuss at him especially where others can hear it. If their is a problem thats what the head coach is for. Never the players.
Love where LCA is sitting in those brackets

64, you are off your rocker. No way could anyone say Leslie "should have beaten" Shelby Valley". Valley was CLEARLY the better team that night, only some questionable officiating, and the refs tossing SV's starting quarterback at halftime, kept that game close. With neutral officiating, Valley was 10-14 points better than Leslie.

If SV gets the #1 seed, and they and Leslie both win their first round game, then the rematch would be on the Wildcats' home field. No way all those shenanigans happen a second time. Valley would win again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will agree with you stripedoffical . If that's the case than so be it . But come on now . 200 yards in penalties two weeks in a row . And two kids threw out and nothing happens to Leslie . No player ejected no 200 yards in flags . So what r u all saying ? Leslie is just that good and that well coached .there kids never say anything to the other players or the refs ? He'll they were saying stuff to the valley team be 4 they were even on the field. They were up on there balcony as the team walked by they were saying stuff to them . But there to well coached to do that on the field or commit penalties like that . Give me a break . I call it as I see it .
Gator95 Wrote:You are a moron..
What about both teams having players ejected and the penalty yardage. I've yet to see you make a case about that. I'll say it again. Valley had 3 starters out and the starting QB was ejected and we still beat you. You lost because your not as good as valley, plain and simple lol. But okay, I'm done too! Have fun on the trip to LCA with your luxurious 3 seed Confusednicker:

No one from Prestonsburg was ejected. Some fans haggling the chain crew were. A lot of the flags were just for running mouths. I commend the QB for Prestonsburg.he was trying to get them under control all night but couldn't.

Great game by Leslie. Team keeps improving... Good things could happen..
But the Leslie boys never say anything . That's amazing !!!!!!!!
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Honestly I dont think SV can beat Somerset or Middlesboro in the 1st round whoever they shall get...

Not saying they will win for sure, but I can promise you that Shelby Valley certainly CAN beat either of those teams. Remember, SV outplayed Prestonsburg a couple weeks ago, and only lost because of costly turnovers. Then they went and did something P-Burg could not do, escape Leslie County with a win.

When Valley has gotten beaten this year (P-Burg and Paintsville), it has been the turnovers that has been their bugaboo. I believe that if SV can limit the fumbles, they would beat either Somerset or Middlesboro. If they put the ball on the ground a few times, then it will be a quick exit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations Leslie County!!
It's amazing how much people bitch and moan about officiating when they lose. This "home grown" garbage is so childish. As if the folks at Leslie County High School got together earlier this week and went out in the community and found a few guys to call the game for them.

And it's no different in any sport on any level. People were screaming that UK got cheated at Florida because of the play clock. Insinuating that the refs were somehow home grown Gator fans or something.

Put your big boy pants on and realize that no matter what you think, refs aren't out to get you. Sure, sometimes they make bad calls but such is life. Hearing people whine about officiating is the most juvenile thing in sports.