Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Jenkins
Jenkins has improved alot since last year, but with that being said the Cavs have to account for Pikevilles speed on the turf and their 100% focus which they didnt have the last time they played. All you have to do is ask Hazard how scary the Panthers can be when they are focused.
Pikeville-48
Jenkins-8
i hope everyones ready 2 come out, and play football.. cant wait
Listen, i have nothing but the utmost respect for Pikeville, their coaches, their players and their fans...I want to clarify that first hand..Most of the Pikeville people, if not all, are classy people that post classy posts...I was simply saying, as a Jenkins fan, not a player, that from the Pikeville I have seen, and I have seen them play two games, that this team isnt as athletic, and doesnt have the depth the past Pikeville teams have had. NOTHING whatsoever against this Pikeville team. They are a very fine football team. I will say this however, that this team relies on guts more than ability. This team is all guts. Coach Jackson has done a fine job with them, and they have responded and responded very well. However, for the first time in a long time, this Jenkins team isnt the same Jenkins team Pikeville is used to laying 60 or 70 points on. I have nothing against people on here picking Pikeville by a huge amount of points. When youve beaten a team 37 out of 38 years and 22 years in a row, you deserve to get picked by a bunch. I am not saying anything against the posters. But I watched that Jenkins and Pikeville game, and I know what I saw. And there is NOBODY on here that was actually at that game can say "Pikeville was working on this or that". Because thats crap. They wasnt working on their passing game. They simply got into a battle, and won a very hard fought, and well earned victory. It embarrasses a lot of their fans because it came against Jenkins. But there are several teams lately that can tell you that this isnt the same Jenkins team. Again, if anybody on here took offense to anything I said about Pikeville, it wasnt intended for that. Anyways, congrats to Pikeville for another district championship, you have earned this one. And congrats to my Cavaliers on making the playoffs, and making an entire community proud of you. Go Cavs!!
GREAT post TIDESHOSS32!!!! I hope and pray that our boys are wanting this game as bad as I do! I can't sleep at night thinking about this game...I have been up since 4 this morning and the first thought that pops in my head..This Friday Night! And very true, all we ask is that we leave EVERYTHING on that field on Friday Night! And it all starts with believing in yourself and each other! How bad do you want it CAVS! Sure Pikeville may be stronger, Pikeville may be quicker at positions, Pikeville may have the nicest of facilities and the tradition, but one thing that cannot be measured is HEART and PRIDE! You have to earn that, you have to earn a man's respect for one another because you have to fight for every inch on that football field every play! Time to put the past behing you CAVS and earn that respect, because right now, you have ALOT of people who are behind you and who believe in you..IT ALL COMES DOWN TO HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!
Good Luck to both teams..................BUT MORE TO MY BIG GREEN!
They'll be ready Playboy...they'll come in focused and ready to play, as will Pikeville, but I agree with you, im ready for this too...Go Cavs!
Even though I have Pikeville picked to win this one. I dont think it will be a cake walk for them. Jenkins is playing with a ton of confidence now. Even more so after the game with Pikeville at Jenkins. Good luck to both teams. Lets hope it goes the whole game with class and respect shown by both teams. My prediction will be Pikeville by 18.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Many big things happen in football every friday night. I'm cheering on the Cavs and that is forsure! They have improved since the last years I have heard them play and last time I seen them play. But IMO this game will be close like the last time they played or I hope it is and J-town come out with the win!
Lets go Fellas im ready to play now.... cant wait for friday night... PB5 cant wait... im back and more the ready!!
Pikeville by 4 td's
cowgirl34 Wrote:Many big things happen in football every friday night. I'm cheering on the Cavs and that is forsure! They have improved since the last years I have heard them play and last time I seen them play. But IMO this game will be close like the last time they played or I hope it is and J-town come out with the win! Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the refs call some calls on Jenkins to let P-ville in the game or was it just rumors going around the town?

your wrong lol both sides had calls on each other
if jenkins makes it a close game this time around ill be way more than impressed
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Listen, i have nothing but the utmost respect for Pikeville, their coaches, their players and their fans...I want to clarify that first hand..Most of the Pikeville people, if not all, are classy people that post classy posts...I was simply saying, as a Jenkins fan, not a player, that from the Pikeville I have seen, and I have seen them play two games, that this team isnt as athletic, and doesnt have the depth the past Pikeville teams have had. NOTHING whatsoever against this Pikeville team. They are a very fine football team. I will say this however, that this team relies on guts more than ability. This team is all guts. Coach Jackson has done a fine job with them, and they have responded and responded very well. However, for the first time in a long time, this Jenkins team isnt the same Jenkins team Pikeville is used to laying 60 or 70 points on. I have nothing against people on here picking Pikeville by a huge amount of points. When youve beaten a team 37 out of 38 years and 22 years in a row, you deserve to get picked by a bunch. I am not saying anything against the posters. But I watched that Jenkins and Pikeville game, and I know what I saw. And there is NOBODY on here that was actually at that game can say "Pikeville was working on this or that". Because thats crap. They wasnt working on their passing game. They simply got into a battle, and won a very hard fought, and well earned victory. It embarrasses a lot of their fans because it came against Jenkins. But there are several teams lately that can tell you that this isnt the same Jenkins team. Again, if anybody on here took offense to anything I said about Pikeville, it wasnt intended for that. Anyways, congrats to Pikeville for another district championship, you have earned this one. And congrats to my Cavaliers on making the playoffs, and making an entire community proud of you. Go Cavs!!
Great Post, this is entirely true
5 more days
Panther#42 Wrote:oke doke =) btw, where are you from guru?

I'm from the East Kentucky mountains
kysportsguru Wrote:I'm from the East Kentucky mountains

yea i kinda figured that, what school i mean
I could be from jenkins LCC, Pike central. belfry, phelps, south floyd, east ridge, p-burg, SC, JC, paintsville, hazard, Breathitt Co.

There's more but take your pick
kysportsguru Wrote:I could be from jenkins LCC, Pike central. belfry, phelps, south floyd, east ridge, p-burg, SC, JC, paintsville, hazard, Breathitt Co.

There's more but take your pick

hm save me the trouble and tell me, or at least give me a hint lol if i had to guess, id say shelby valley
Nope
kysportsguru Wrote:Nope

eh oh well, dosent matter, lets get back on topic before a mod. shuts us down
ok, whats every1 think the score will look like from quarter to quarter?
1 2 3 4
Pikeville: 21 28 7 7
Jenkins: 0 0 7 7

Pikeville puts the JV and freshman in after halftime
panther#42 do you start for P-Ville

Jenkins: 6 0 2 0

P-Ville: 0 0 0 6
kysportsguru Wrote:panther#42 do you start for P-Ville

Jenkins: 6 0 2 0

P-Ville: 0 0 0 6

where does the 2 come from? lol
Panther#42 Wrote:where does the 2 come from? lol
nope, dont play ball ne more
and where does all of your knowledge on some of the teams u've picked on the upsets oh great oracle?

2- comes from a safety
kysportsguru Wrote:2- comes from a safety

when did you play

upset picks come fom my sense of wisdom

like i said, no way jenkins will get a saftey, unless its on like the fresman team
Panther#42 Wrote:like i said, no way jenkins will get a saftey, unless its on like the fresman team

fresman and sophmore year (04 and 05)

hm wisdom is such a strong word when making predictions like you have haha

so where do you play ay now or do you
and I bet I can beat you at picking games :Thumbs:
Let's get this thread back on topic!
kysportsguru Wrote:so where do you play ay now or do you
and I bet I can beat you at picking games :Thumbs:

sorry Mod! we will jus after this last post, guru PM me and send me ur pics for winning this friday... I didnt play this year, but i may next year
Panther#42 Wrote:eh oh well, dosent matter, lets get back on topic before a mod. shuts us down
ok, whats every1 think the score will look like from quarter to quarter?
1 2 3 4
Pikeville: 21 28 7 7
Jenkins: 0 0 7 7

Pikeville puts the JV and freshman in after halftime
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! Jenkins hasn't given up 40 points in three games combined one of them being against Pikeville.
Correction they have given up 39 points combined in there last four games against SF, PVille, AC, and BL
That is really an awesome stat All American Lineman considered how they started to only give up 39 points in the last 4!
From Yours Truely..the Run-n-gun Champion!!!!!!