Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Paintsville
TigerBlues Wrote:Stick to baseball 74

I am just having fun with you I don't want you to think I was being serious with my last post? I'm not like that. I'm very rarely funny and that was my attempt at it
baseball1974 Wrote:I am just having fun with you I don't want you to think I was being serious with my last post? I'm not like that. I'm very rarely funny and that was my attempt at it

No offense taken 74, I actually laughed when I read it. Plus jetpilot is the only mean guy on here. :lmao:
new o Wrote:SV could beat Mayfield and jet pilot would say something bad about SV. They had players out or the weather was awful,lol. SV has a solid team this year, not a powerhouse but solid. Should be a good game tonight, hope both teams go injury free.

Not true. I like Valley and want them to have a good football program. Just pointing out the obvious, beating two very bad teams doesn't make you a good team. #1 Blackcat Fan's post says it all. Play good D against a good team and SV will open some eyes.
TigerBlues Wrote:No offense taken 74, I actually laughed when I read it. Plus jetpilot is the only mean guy on here. :lmao:

I laughed too and knew another good response was coming from you and all you do is throw me under the bus?:ChairHit:
If Sv takes care of the ball and keeps turnovers down, I see this being a very good game. Paintsville has a good team and is a hard place to play. The Sv fans usually don't travel well in football. I do think this is the year for Sv to shine with Rowe running the ball, the improved defence with Wyatt Branaham back and the overall play of Newsome. I say Sv wins by 6.
Shelby Valley 26
Paintsville 20
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:If Sv takes care of the ball and keeps turnovers down, I see this being a very good game. Paintsville has a good team and is a hard place to play. The Sv fans usually don't travel well in football. I do think this is the year for Sv to shine with Rowe running the ball, the improved defence with Wyatt Branaham back and the overall play of Newsome. I say Sv wins by 6.
Shelby Valley 26
Paintsville 20

Paintsville so far hasn't shown they are willing to let their QB throw that much. So if SV packs in the box, I don't forsee Paintsville being able to move the ball down the field? If they come out with a completely different offensive scheme then they may have a shot? If not, tack up another Loss and prepare for there to be much more of them. One dimensional teams are only successful when they are able to control the line of scrimmage. Otherwise you have to get creative if you're going to score. I haven't seen much creativity in the coaching staff?
Don't see Paintsville winning this game. The line just can't open up the holes for their backs. Belcher is a good running back when he can get open. When he was at Johnson Central the line made a way for him. He is going to have a much harder time at Paintsville. Could be another bad game for the Tigers!!
Gator95 Wrote:Just found out that Shelby valley's defense is ranked #1 in 2A in both run and pass defense!

That's pretty cool to hear, but you also have to consider their competition the first two weeks. Hopefully they are still ranked #1 come Saturday.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:The top teams in Class A would beat Paris by 50+. They have beaten Bath Co. and Ludlow. They just aren't very good. Plus they had 8 turnovers against Valley.

Look, I agree with you that Valley's first two games have not been against great competition. But when one team has 8 turnovers, you have to give some credit to the defense for forcing them. It's not all just offensive ineptitude.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Not true. I like Valley and want them to have a good football program. Just pointing out the obvious, beating two very bad teams doesn't make you a good team. #1 Blackcat Fan's post says it all. Play good D against a good team and SV will open some eyes.

If you meant what you said above, then thanks. I would love to see Valley improve their football program as well. There have been too many years of the attitude on Robinson Creek of basketball first, and everything else a distant second.

Valley's youth teams have shown some potential, and the coaches at the lower levels seem to have things pointed in the right direction. I know just this year that the 7th/8th grade has beaten Pikeville, Pike Central, and Martin Co, and the 5th/6th grade has beaten Pikeville and Hazard. Hopefully in 4 years when the boys on these two squads are in high school, we will see if SV can truly sustain a good football program.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I guess we will. We had so much trouble with that run defense last year.

Rushing
Jersey Player Rush
Attempts
Net
Yards
Rushing
Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
Frasure, Dalton
18 170 4
Jarrell, Chatlin