Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who wins and why?
This is a tough one to answer, all depends on who is injured from both teams but my prediction is since the Tigers are at home they win in OT again 21-20.
Valley by 21
SV by 10 +
Tough one to call. SV is playing well and hitting hard on defense. Cannot base Paintsville on the last game because Pikeville is very,very good. This game may come down to the O lines. I am going with SV by 6
Real Badman Wrote:Valley by 21

Badman 21? That's a big spread but after Chirico pulled Kash from defense in mid first qtr at Pikeville last night for what reason I don't know but don't think Valley is 21 better, but I'm not very strong at predictions anyway.
I think Valley is the clear favorite, they are very good upfront, both sides of the ball. Paints ville will have to be able to throw the ball effectively to have a chance, as I think they will have serious problems running the ball.
School Admin. Wrote:I think Valley is the clear favorite, they are very good upfront, both sides of the ball. Paints ville will have to be able to throw the ball effectively to have a chance, as I think they will have serious problems running the ball.
How is Valley the clear favorite? I'll say it again if the tiger coaching staff tweaks their offense and goes to more of a west coast style offense with quick passes mixed in with some screens and a few deep balls then we will be fine. If they stay stubborn and just turn around and hand the ball off twenty times a game into a inexperienced offensive line then we are doomed. It's that plain and simple.
SV by 7.
Shelby Valley has come out the gates strong this year, but I feel Paintsville is going to come out looking to make a statement after their humbling defeat at the hands of the Pikeville Panthers.

Paintsville - 33

Shelby Valley - 21
Tiger Fever Wrote:How is Valley the clear favorite? I'll say it again if the tiger coaching staff tweaks their offense and goes to more of a west coast style offense with quick passes mixed in with some screens and a few deep balls then we will be fine. If they stay stubborn and just turn around and hand the ball off twenty times a game into a inexperienced offensive line then we are doomed. It's that plain and simple.

TF I agree but we have never had a true screen play which with our line the way it is now it would be a great equalizer to keep the defense honest. It would have been a great call against Pikeville with them
In our backfield all night
I'm gonna say Valley by 2 or 3 TD's! After hearing about the Pikeville game and seeing the stats. Paintsvilles only chance is to pass the ball a lot, with that I still don't think they can pass on valley all game. I don't think there's any chance of paintsville running the ball effectively on Valley either. Valley's Defense is just playing like grown men right now. Plus, paintsville has some injuries and valley seems to be at full health. So I like valley in this one!
Shelby Valley-26-21
Tigers by 12, the coaches will find a way to make sure the playmakers get the job done.
I hope Paintsville gets healthy soon. By the way, this one made the top ten 1a games of the week.
Shelby Valley 21
Paintsville 13
TigerBlues Wrote:Tigers by 12, the coaches will find a way to make sure the playmakers get the job done.

Tb, didn't you say paintsville 21-20 in OT a few posts ago? Lol
TigerBlues Wrote:Badman 21? That's a big spread but after Chirico pulled Kash from defense in mid first qtr at Pikeville last night for what reason I don't know but don't think Valley is 21 better, but I'm not very strong at predictions anyway.

Because the game was already over and he didn't want to risk injury?
This should be a good one. The Tigers can string some wins together if they keep their heads up.
Hope the Tigers bounce back so 64SUR's darkhorse can get back in the race.
jetpilot Wrote:Because the game was already over and he didn't want to risk injury?
This should be a good one. The Tigers can string some wins together if they keep their heads up.

No, the score wasn't that bad mid-first quarter. I think he took him off D because he wasn't doing a very good job stopping Pugh from running all over them lol.
Tigers.
Anytime you play on the road it will be tough but I believe Shelby Valley defense will come up big!!!

Shelby Valley 27
Paintsville 13
Gator95 Wrote:Tb, didn't you say paintsville 21-20 in OT a few posts ago? Lol

I did Gator95 that was my dyslexia acting up again, I'm staying with the 12 points pick . I have to disagree though with the post about not being able to tackle, I sat under the speaker and heard and watched him make the first three tackles after that they ran right the rest of the time until he came out. I agree with JetPilot, at that point why chance it.
TigerBlues Wrote:I did Gator95 that was my dyslexia acting up again, I'm staying with the 12 points pick . I have to disagree though with the post about not being able to tackle, I sat under the speaker and heard and watched him make the first three tackles after that they ran right the rest of the time until he came out. I agree with JetPilot, at that point why chance it.

Well if it was mid first quarter then the score was about 14-0. So pulling him off defense that early is just basically telling your team that you have no chance to win. And mid-first quarter down 14? That's not a big deficit to overcome. They probably wouldn't have but just sending that message to your team that early in the game with the score so close doesn't show much faith in your team.
Gator95 Wrote:Well if it was mid first quarter then the score was about 14-0. So pulling him off defense that early is just basically telling your team that you have no chance to win. And mid-first quarter down 14? That's not a big deficit to overcome. They probably wouldn't have but just sending that message to your team that early in the game with the score so close doesn't show much faith in your team.
I think it was more a depth issue. No backup to Kash. He goes down, Paintsville is basically in the Wildcat package the rest of the night/season. Now, if there was a capable backup to Kash, then I can see the coach doing that, but plain and simple, no backup that they could win with. On the other hand, I did see a pretty good looking QB on the junior high team for Paintsville. Help might be on the way next year that allows a little more flexibility.
PHSForever Wrote:I think it was more a depth issue. No backup to Kash. He goes down, Paintsville is basically in the Wildcat package the rest of the night/season. Now, if there was a capable backup to Kash, then I can see the coach doing that, but plain and simple, no backup that they could win with. On the other hand, I did see a pretty good looking QB on the junior high team for Paintsville. Help might be on the way next year that allows a little more flexibility.

Agree PHSForever, it's a long road for depth. Different team from last year for sure and the middle school QB is a dandy but the only problem is physical attributes but that's only my opinion. Taking hits in high school at that size isn't a recipe for success.
Will Howard be back this week? And, Lemaster?
P-Ville by 2 TD's . Tigers are a good team that had a Bad night at Pikeville.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Will Howard be back this week? And, Lemaster?

Howard practiced yesterday. No LeMaster..
Should be a very good game. If p ville throws the screen and throws to the flats it could make it tough on valley. But if they come out and try to run the ball on valley they could find there self in for a long night.valleys d has been lights out the first two games. Hard hitting and causing turnovers . They had to pack 3 east ridge players off the field Friday night. So should be a good one . I take valley to win this one 28 - 13 to physical and there run game has been dominate .
Pages: 1 2 3 4