Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl format rant
Let the "other" county teams do whatever they can agree on. The PCB is a joke as it is currently constructed. Belfry and Pikeville need to play on the same night with the most top notch competition that you can bring in. This bowl used to be one of, if not the best in the state and IMO is largely looked at as a joke now that it has become watered down and spread out.
jetpilot Wrote:Thank you!!!:rockon: LOL I have almost gotten used to losing to Belfry but I will never get used to trading Belfry vs. Highlands/Danville etc for East Ridge vs. Hurley. It sickens me.

Dont show up until 9:30 if you dont want to watch Hurley and East Ridge...Last I checked East Ridge is in Pike County also...There's more to Pike County than the City limits.
footballnut Wrote:Dont show up until 9:30 if you dont want to watch Hurley and East Ridge...Last I checked East Ridge is in Pike County also...There's more to Pike County than the City limits.

You don't get it, and I don't expect you to. I don't want a sucky bowl, period. Look at the post before yours, that is how a vast majority of the people who know football feel.
footballnut Wrote:Dont show up until 9:30 if you dont want to watch Hurley and East Ridge...Last I checked East Ridge is in Pike County also...There's more to Pike County than the City limits.

We will still give you the money I venture to say pikeville feels the same way, keep the money just play Hurley somewhere else play them at home and call it what you want but it is and has been disrespectful the totality of the product hat has been put on the field and called "The Pike Co Bowl". Sorry this current product is not the Pike Co Bowl that so many of us took a part in and helped raise the level of to now feel somewhat embarrassed of to be a part of. No offense at all intended to any other Pike Co school that is involved it's just one tradition that IMO should have never been changed.
For me here is the two ways I prefer it.

1) 2 games on Thursday, Fri and Sat
2) 2 Games on Fri, Sat and Sun.

Many games are played on Thursday and a handful are now played on Sunday.

Locations for now should be Belfry, Pikeville and Shelby Valley.
When the other county schools upgrade their stadiums/field let them rotate with Valley for the third location.

Get someone on the committee who follows the game and can have a educated guess on good match ups.
Real Badman Wrote:Friday
Shelby Valley vs Pike Central
Belfry v TBA

Saturaday
East Ridge v Phelps
Pikeville v TBA

I like your idea, and agree with everything said. It all comes down to the money the other county schools bring in. That's the only reason the county schools play in the PCB. I think regardless of who ER/SV/P/PCC play, it leads me to ask this question: What does Phelps playing Betsy Layne have to do with Pikeville bringing in a high caliber opponent?

Rumor has it that this is the last year of the current format for the PCB. I applaud the effort of trying to make it bigger, but it's better served to go back to the traditional format.

Can we not just have Pike Central vs. Shelby Valley and East Ridge vs. Phelps on Friday night at Shelby Valley, then let Pikeville and Belfry play a doubleheader on Saturday at Pikeville?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Heard from someone at school that we will be in the pike co bowl next year.

Letcher Co Central & Tates Creek is the early word for 2015 PCB, as the other county teams will go back to playing each other.
Would love to see even out of state teams brought in, Wayne WV, Wheelersburg OH, Alcoa TN just something to add some intrigue to this game a little bit.
irishcard16 Wrote:Let the "other" county teams do whatever they can agree on. The PCB is a joke as it is currently constructed. Belfry and Pikeville need to play on the same night with the most top notch competition that you can bring in. This bowl used to be one of, if not the best in the state and IMO is largely looked at as a joke now that it has become watered down and spread out.

Exactly. When the original format was changed, the bowl took a "Downgrade " in comparison, imo.