•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 29 Henry Clay 7
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They kept a livestream. Think it was on WYMT 2..
It was on wymt 2 I watch the whole game other than when I watch sports overtime... Lol

Really impressed with Belfry.. Only team I think that can give them a little trouble might be Johnson Central. Other than that I can see another title going to Pond Creek again this year.

Good luck pirates on the rest of the season!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Buc Wild Wrote:Considering how much you troll and stir shit up I took it for what your worth.

Eat a dick...How's Whitley's softball team looking?

:lame:
big win for the pirates. I didn't expect it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:So is this from HC being down or is Belfry just that good...........................
......lol. I had to do it. Paybacks for the comment on the Russell-v-Lawrence scrimmage. Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Sounds like Belfry is at mid season form. This is scary for their remaining schedule.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I like EKUALum05 and Belfry 0304 because they seem to be good guys and you can joke with em but the rest of you have some serious anger management issues....... you might want to go get that looked at!
:popcorn:Confusednicker:

don't put me in that rest of u crowd,lol
pjdoug Wrote:big win for the pirates. I didn't expect it.

we know you didn't or any other time they play(hater),lol
Belfry WV can't take a congrats and good game. They have to start crap and if that is not what you want back don't start none. LC could have hung a 100 on Boyd or Rowan easily but we are more classy than that. No use in it when can get the rest of the team involved and younger kids some playing time. Keep thinking the way you are Belfry I think you are gonna be in for the shock of your life.
The o-line dominated from the start.

I hate that Catron was injured. He is a talented and physical player. Sanger suffered an injury also. Any news on that?

Belfry didn't have to show it much, but the one time Taylor kept it around the edge, he looked explosive.

Great start!
cuppett777 Wrote:we know you didn't or any other time they play(hater),lol

To be the so called Big Bad State Champions you sure couldn't tell. At least act like you've been there and done it before. Beat one mediocre team and that makes your season? #NoClassImmature #Realizes3Awasdownlastyear #theonlyreasonBelfrywonStateChampionship
Any time A Mt. team puts it on A Lexington team I am so proud it just makes Saturday great.
E's Army Wrote:Sounds like Belfry is at mid season form. This is scary for their remaining schedule.

Too bad they play LC huh?
Hater! Hmmmm...that's a good nic for pjdoug!!
Confusednicker:

Hey, I'm eating my crow this morning, too. I absolutely didn't expect Belfry to win that game last night. But it true Phillip Haywood fashion, they systematically dismantled that Henry Clay team. I bet Simpson's B/P was through the roof!

I said that Belfry COULD win that game; keeping turn overs down and fousing on every single play; taking NOTHING for granted. That's pretty much what they did, too. It's rare for Belfry, or any team for that manner, to play THAT controlled this early in the season. Gotta hand it to the Pirates.

Now, all that said, I read the reviews; looked at some stats, etc etc. HC has some D1 talent, IMHO and their speed is unbelievable. Belfry out played them last night but a couple of factors that could have added to their loss is that HC was probably tired from the ride AND the confidence level was over the top. I truly believe that HC was looking past Belfry. But what do I know? Smile

In any event, the Pirates planked the Blue Devils. Congratulations on an impressive win Belfry!! Very nice game implemention!!

I'm so glad that Belfry will not be playing mad next week!!

Confusednicker:

Everybody needs to keep Catron in their prayers. I really hate that he was injured last night. Sounds like that kid leaves it all on the field every single game. I hate injuries!!!
I think after Belfry marched it down the field on there 1st drive and scored and then got the fumble recovering on the squib kick and scored again that it deflated HC,the sideline reporter even said that HC said to them(now do they have your attention)
cuppett777 Wrote:we know you didn't or any other time they play(hater),lol

not a hater.just didn't expect it :biglmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:Hater! Hmmmm...that's a good nic for pjdoug!!
Confusednicker:

Hey, I'm eating my crow this morning, too. I absolutely didn't expect Belfry to win that game last night. But it true Phillip Haywood fashion, they systematically dismantled that Henry Clay team. I bet Simpson's B/P was through the roof!

I said that Belfry COULD win that game; keeping turn overs down and fousing on every single play; taking NOTHING for granted. That's pretty much what they did, too. It's rare for Belfry, or any team for that manner, to play THAT controlled this early in the season. Gotta hand it to the Pirates.

Now, all that said, I read the reviews; looked at some stats, etc etc. HC has some D1 talent, IMHO and their speed is unbelievable. Belfry out played them last night but a couple of factors that could have added to their loss is that HC was probably tired from the ride AND the confidence level was over the top. I truly believe that HC was looking past Belfry. But what do I know? Smile

In any event, the Pirates planked the Blue Devils. Congratulations on an impressive win Belfry!! Very nice game implemention!!

I'm so glad that Belfry will not be playing mad next week!!

Confusednicker:

Everybody needs to keep Catron in their prayers. I really hate that he was injured last night. Sounds like that kid leaves it all on the field every single game. I hate injuries!!!

I pick your Black Bears to beat the Pirates and you bad mouth me Confusednicker:
^ Pirate fans I Expect you to win this one but still picking against you Smile
Do-double-gg Wrote:See stuff like that is why people can't stand Belfry fans. The guy is being a prick so I gave him a dose of his own medicine and then people like you come in and defend the child. I was going to say congrats Belfry on the big win but hey not now. As far as Henry Clay being a 6a title contenderlololololololololol!
Please stop being delusional because they don't deserve to be on the same field as a team like Trinity but I guess we will see how the HC season goes. What the hell is with you Belfry people, you need to lay off the roids or something because it's just high school football lol. You people act like this stuff is life and death or something. :popcorn:

So, "the guy is being a prick" gave you a right to be a prick and come into the thread and ask a sarcastic guestion? I just gave you a sarcastic answer, simple as that. As far as you not liking Belfry fans or going to give Belfry as big congrats. This is a message board and thats your prerogative. I never said Henry Clay was a title contender, I just said they would be just as much as Rowan county would be in 4A. I'm just an old man that likes to watch football and I actually like when all the area teams excell, but if you come into a thread with a sarcastic question, I will give you a sarcastic answer. Belfry had just played and awesome game and you came in belittling it. Up to that point, no one had came into the LC/ Rowan thread making lite of the win LC just had. Maybe you need to get thicker skin if your going to be sarcastic!
Wow!!! I am honestly enjoying my biscuits & crow this morning. I recorded and watched this game last night. Total domination by the Pirates. I was really impressed with Belfry. HC had the speed as advertised, but damn the Pirates really surprised me with their speed. A big congrats to Haywood and the Pirates. The boys in red was poppin some pads last night.

I'm glad Belfry is not on our schedule this year. You guys better eat some of Granny Bears cooking before the game with Harlan County because she will be pissed after the game. Smile

I will not pick against Belfry again this year.
The people in Louisa are developing a complex due to their inability to beat Belfry.

Get counseling guys. It's not your fault.
pjdoug Wrote:not a hater.just didn't expect it :biglmao:

its a joke, but I don't remember u picking belfry anytime(think ur still upset they beat wayne county)and shut them out at that..:Thumbs:
PaytoPlay Wrote:The people in Louisa are developing a complex due to their inability to beat Belfry.

Get counseling guys. It's not your fault.

:yawn:
Well that escalated quickly.... Geez
Wish I had the tape so I could watch it and focus on line play and stuff.
Can we put the trash talk and bickering aside until at least both teams have 3-4 games under the belt?

Belfry just beat a Henry Clay team playing their first game after losing the best backfield in KY from last season. Lawrence County has run rough shod against two teams at the bottom of their respective class. Ah this point it is wayyyyy too early to be looking ahead to that game as there is a lot of football left and the injury to Catron goes to show a lot can change in a hurry.
I watched the game on the net. And I was VERY impressed with belfry I did pick them to win just because I know they are a very good program and my second favorite in the state has been for a long time. My only concern going into this game was it was there first game. Belfry is known to start out and get better and better each game if this hold true this year then I don't see anyone touching them. They looked in late season form this might be one the best if not the best teams belfry has put on the field only time will tell and I personally cant wait to get to see them in person. So congratulation pond creek nation you all should have a lot of fun this season
pjdoug Wrote:I pick your Black Bears to beat the Pirates and you bad mouth me Confusednicker:

I'm not bad mouthing you!

#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Wow!!! I am honestly enjoying my biscuits & crow this morning. I recorded and watched this game last night. Total domination by the Pirates. I was really impressed with Belfry. HC had the speed as advertised, but damn the Pirates really surprised me with their speed. A big congrats to Haywood and the Pirates. The boys in red was poppin some pads last night.

I'm glad Belfry is not on our schedule this year. You guys better eat some of Granny Bears cooking before the game with Harlan County because she will be pissed after the game. Smile

I will not pick against Belfry again this year.

Yeah, I lost that one, too!
Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Well that escalated quickly.... Geez

Yes and I started it all bahahahahaha! But seriously I'm just joking................ or am I ?
Confusednicker:
Wideright was a good teacher and I think he would be proud lol.
A few more after thoughts:
- I have to start with the OLine. Simply "WOW"! Francis, Gibbs, Dotson, Preece, Scott, Bentley, Horton, and anyone else I miss I apologize. Hatfield deservingly got Player of the Game but these monsters were the story. When Belfry won the Title in 2003 they called that dominant group "The Death Vallley Mules". This group deserves their own nickname... I am thinking:

HAYWOOD'S HAWGS

- X Willis looked really, really good. Loved his wiggle and pad level.

- I am a big Ray Horton fan but his stat line won't say the role he played on that game. He was constantly double teamed and was still penetrating the backfield every play...disrupting plays... causing Backs to change their angle.. Henry Clay only had 18 yards passing...the biggest reason was the fact Horton and company was forcing James to tuck and scamper with penetration. This kid is going to be special.

- Austin Hall had a nice night. The Interception looked eerily similar to the State Finals and he came up with 2 or 3 crucial tackles on the outside that helped thwart Henry Clay drives including the big tackle for loss in the 4th Quarter when HC was driving.

- Keaton Taylor looked like he had been the starting QB for years. Not quite to Sani's "smoothness" level, but for the season opener he looked sensational running the belly. When he ran he looked good as well, and on Defense he was a shutdown corner and had I think 3 PBR's.

- It bares repeating...that Kickoff Return was one of the best I have ever seen at the HS Level. The kid literally was being gang tackled by 3 Pirates and slipped it then had 2 more Pirates within 2 yards of him. I know there was some fumble/lateral controversy and truth be told it actually should have been nullified... but I am of the belief that those 7 points DESERVED to be kept on the board simply because that return was so awesome.

- Speaking of special teams...the only negative of the night. Uncharacteristic night for Woolum with a blocked XP and a missed Belfry only missed 2 XP's all of last year with Woolum. I will chalk it up to early season jitters and new personnel around him. Suffice to say Belfry can't leave point off the board with their schedule.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next