• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 29 Henry Clay 7
Domination by Belfry. Wow!
Total domination start to finish by Belfry.
Belfry cakewalks to the title.

15-0 season for the Pirates barring any major injuries of course.
I told you Belfry fans. This should have been your toughest game, but the old Haywood offense was to complicated for them. I think JC and HC have a better chance simply because Matney and Larkey know them better, but I still see Belfry going undefeated.
Pretty good showing from a little 3A team from the mountains. Congrats Pirates!
The Pirates played a very solid game. Usually they are much more mistake prone this early in the year. Ifs and buts and all that but they could have easily shut out HC in this game if not for that amazing HC return.
Did wymt show this game??
Go put that sh!t on Twitter....Told ya, yes speed kills, but so does Crack, and we Cracked that A$$...
bac2369 Wrote:Did wymt show this game??

Yes
Henry Clay is littered with College Calibur athetes and their only score comes on a borderline ridiculous kickoff return. Pirate OLine with total domination and Austin Hatfield shows why he is far and away the best FB in Kentucky.

Belfry
56 Carries, 362 Rushing Yards
Hatfield 21 carries, 128 yards, 2TD

HC
36 Carries, 198 yards
46 total plays, 216 yards

Buford 16 carries, 61 Yards
372-201 offense. I bow to 1991. Smile. Austin got many shout outs. We kicked their ***!!

Stay humble guys and let's get another ring!
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Go put that sh!t on Twitter....Told ya, yes speed kills, but so does Crack, and we Cracked that A$$...

HAHA...genuine Laugh Out Loud
I'm shocked. Congrats to the "so called" state champs. I guess Henry Clay will think twice before talking smack about Belfry again and I'll think twice before picking against Belfry again. Congrats Pirates.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Belfry cakewalks to the title.

I told you Belfry fans. This should have been your toughest game, but the old Haywood offense was to complicated for them. I think JC and HC have a better chance simply because Matney and Larkey know them better, but I still see Belfry going undefeated.

One game and the haters start talking crap like this. It's not a cakewalk, it's not going to be easy and if anyone thinks so they're sadly mistaken.

The next two weeks will be tough, period. If we played every game turnover free id be in agreement with this statement but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

I'm tickled to death with the win, couldn't be happier but if I'm Coach Haywood I'm telling our kids that the big prize is still a long way from being back on Pond Creek. (And I know he is)

Also, my heart goes out to Cameron Catron. NOBODY works harder and wants to win more than him. Getting him back healthy around playoff time will be key to a successful run.
Buc Wild Wrote:One game and the haters start talking crap like this. It's not a cakewalk, it's not going to be easy and if anyone thinks so they're sadly mistaken.

The next two weeks will be tough, period. If we played every game turnover free id be in agreement with this statement but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

I'm tickled to death with the win, couldn't be happier but if I'm Coach Haywood I'm telling our kids that the prize is still a long way from being back on Pond Creek.

Also, my heart goes out to Cameron Catron. NOBODY works harder and wants to win more than him. Getting him back healthy around playoff time will be key to a successful run.

Not what I want to hear.... hopefully it isn't as severe of an injury as feared. Love how that kid plays.
If this game was jus final I never saw it on tv?
Crow being served to the un-believers in the prediction thread..LOL!

TOTAL DOMINATION!

The "Supposed Champs" just opened up a can of Pond Creek Whoop Ass on the Devils!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bac2369 Wrote:If this game was jus final I never saw it on tv?

They kept a livestream. Think it was on WYMT 2.

Belfry looked really really good for an opener.
Wow! Total domination, Belfry has a stable of backs that is very impressive. There oline is big and physical and very athletic. Austin Gibbs was all over the field. There defense is fast, big and very physical. This could be one of the best teams Belfry has ever fielded if they stay healthy and humble, with Belfry's tradition that's very scary for the rest of 3A.
:thatsfunn
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not what I want to hear.... hopefully it isn't as severe of an injury as feared. Love how that kid plays.

It was the collarbone if I'm not mistaken. He's looking at about 8 weeks.
By the way...that other team that was talking trash aka Bourbon County lost tonight. So did Lou. Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Buc Wild Wrote:One game and the haters start talking crap like this. It's not a cakewalk, it's not going to be easy and if anyone thinks so they're sadly mistaken.

I'm tickled to death with the win, couldn't be happier but if I'm Coach Haywood I'm telling our kids that the big prize is still a long way from being back on Pond Creek. (And I know he is)

And this is why I despise Belfry and most of its fans. Most people would have been happy with that compliment. I meant cakewalk as in Belfrys that GOOD. Not because of there competition. Get your head out of your ass.
The best 1st game of the season since I have been watching Belfry football. According to 93.1 FM Belfry only had 4 penalties and 0 turnovers. Anyone that knows belfry football knows that is very unlike them. Especially during the first game. But hey, I'll take it. Total domination on both sides of the ball the O line physically wore down HC and just took it to them all night long. The defense. WOW. Not one offensive touchdown scored against them. HC only score coming on special teams. Way to go belfry. One game at a time. CONGRATS!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And this is why I despise Belfry and most of its fans. Most people would have been happy with that compliment. I meant cakewalk as in Belfrys that GOOD. Not because of there competition. Get your head out of your ass.

I took your post as that. Sometimes its just hard to read something and take it for what it is. Just saying. No reason to despise us over it.:Thumbs: To be honest, the domination tonight surprised me. I honestly believed Belfry would win an even told my nephew who plays, that they could/would win. I just didn't think it would be in that fashion.
I just don't pick against Belfry its a 64SUR thing with me. :Cheerlead
Well my Pirates looked great for a season opener. Few penalties, no turnovers, but we do lose a great player for most of the season. Our D held up well (even in the secondary) and our offensive was firing on all cylinders. I am disappointed in the Belfry crowd , it seemed dead and very quite (even at the beginning of the game.) If we get better every week the Pirates will be tough to beat come playoff time. Haywood and the staff did an exceptional job getting the boys ready for this game.

I thought H.C. was blistering fast , you can see several D-1 players developing on that team. They showed Belfry that city boys know how to pop some pads too. They also showed class and grace in defeat. I wish them a safe trip home and a great season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Belfry cakewalks to the title.

I took it as a compliment GUT, I know what you are saying, but it's just one game. Don't get to high, don't get too low, but the potential for Belfry is unreal.
BelfryPride Wrote:By the way...that other team that was talking trash aka Bourbon County lost tonight. So did Lou. Central

I must have missed the Bourbon trash talk for the Belfry/Henry Clay game ...
HATE to see Cam go down, they're saying broken collarbone, but hopefully there's some sort of miracle and he's okay... and if so, hopefully he isn't out long. He ran the ball like a monster tonight, and everyone knows what he brings on D.

Of all the kids, I don't feel like Kaleb Edwards gets talked about enough. Dude brought it tonight.

Keep it rolling, always tough to play Harlan County and I figure heads will be running a little swollen next week... stay humble and let's get another big W.
Congrats Pirates...way to make a statement...lets get ready for next week.
skully03 Wrote:The best 1st game of the season since I have been watching Belfry football. According to 93.1 FM Belfry only had 4 penalties and 0 turnovers. Anyone that knows belfry football knows that is very unlike them. Especially during the first game. But hey, I'll take it. Total domination on both sides of the ball the O line physically wore down HC and just took it to them all night long. The defense. WOW. Not one offensive touchdown scored against them. HC only score coming on special teams. Way to go belfry. One game at a time. CONGRATS!!!

So is this from HC being down or is Belfry just that good...........................
......lol. I had to do it. Paybacks for the comment on the Russell-v-Lawrence scrimmage. Confusednicker:
  • 1(current)
  • Next