Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
78.57%
Raceland
21.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Ashland 8/29
just to be clear I did say most transfers were for athletic reasons not academic. But if that makes Ashland guilty of recruiting it makes any school in the state guilty as well.
tomcat4life Wrote:You are saying Ashland is guilty of recruiting but you have not shown any proof. Has The khsaa investigated Ashland? Has anyone on the Ashland coaching staff had to serve a game suspension for violations like another team you speak highly of? And again do you have any proof of any wrong doing by the Ashland football program? You want proof to someone's accusations about northern Kentucky teams. Where's your proof.
As for Mr. Long. I assure you his families decision to come to Ashland was based on the families happiness and well being and not athletics. And quit honestly if you don't have proof proving otherwise it is not anyone's business.
You seem like an intelligent person. I don't know what your dislike for Ashland is but we must be doing something right or you would not be spending so much time and energy spewing your arrogance to discredit Ashland.

Someday you and your cohorts may realize, tomcat4life, that it is amusing to others to jerk Ashland's chain. You boys overreact far more than partisans of other schools whether it be football, basketball, or academics.

I believe the heart of the matter is that you people have such a high opinion of your program when, in reality, it has produced very little in the last umpteen years. Your overall record is, at best, mediocre. However, you strut like you are a FTH, CovCath, or a Johnson Central. You are not. Thus, it is entertaining to rile you up to the point that you make ridiculous comparisons. I have read that you were good some time ago. But, Louisville Flaget was good some time ago and there is no Louisville Flaget anymore. You can't claim the present by living in the past.

And that, my friend, is why we like to jerk your chain. If Lexington Tates Creek were so bold, we'd jab at them. However, they keep quiet. But, we do admire your unabashed loyalty and unwavering tenacity. It is commendable but it makes you a convenient target. I wish you well and hope you never change.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:just to be clear I did say most transfers were for athletic reasons not academic. But if that makes Ashland guilty of recruiting it makes any school in the state guilty as well.

I believe you are correct. All who wish to succeed recruit. Some are successful. Most are not. The problem, in my mind, is that KHSAA picks and chooses who it investigates. The organization tends to have its favorites. All knowledgeable fans know that. Your neighbors are often investigated. I am told that, in most cases, Ashland is the school that initiates the complaint. For example, I've been told by several that Ashland initiated the complaint against Fairview. On the other hand, I am told that no one ever initiates a complaint against Ashland.

If this is true and, from my sources, I conclude there is good reason to believe it, the other schools in your area have no complaint since they don't apparently have enough manhood to file a complaint. You boys, on the other hand, do.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I believe you are correct. All who wish to succeed recruit. Some are successful. Most are not. The problem, in my mind, is that KHSAA picks and chooses who it investigates. The organization tends to have its favorites. All knowledgeable fans know that. Your neighbors are often investigated. I am told that, in most cases, Ashland is the school that initiates the complaint. For example, I've been told by several that Ashland initiated the complaint against Fairview. On the other hand, I am told that no one ever initiates a complaint against Ashland.

If this is true and, from my sources, I conclude there is good reason to believe it, the other schools in your area have no complaint since they don't apparently have enough manhood to file a complaint. You boys, on the other hand, do.
I personally agree with you. Especially in the fairview instance. They were doing nothing that Raceland a team in there district hasn't been doing to Russell and Greenup for years. I do know the ineligible student was a transfer from Ashland and also heard much like yourself that we reported it. However I do not agree with that decision if we did so to report a school not on our schedule and then turn around and accept a transfer from same school is a we bit hypocritical but not against the rules of our wonderful fair khsaa.
There is a differance between transfers and recruiting. If a kid goes through the proper channels and is declaired eligible by the khsaa then it doesn't matter if the kid transfers from across the street or across the country. If any representative of a school approaches the kid to come to that school for athletics then that is recruiting. Is there any proof of Ashland recruiting.

I will agree with you Harry that Johnson central is a good team. By your comments that Ashland hasn't won anything in umpteen years, what has Johnson central won, other than , in your words , a weak watered down district? Have they made it past FTH? What have they done to be worthy of your praise? Not a knock on JC. I have great deal of respect for JC and most of their fans.