Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Ashland 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Raceland performed as expected in week 1 of the 2014 season. Their experience at the skill positions proved to be as advertised. Ashland is looking to open up their season, and revamped Putnam Stadium, after the NCC cancellation due to weather.

Raceland has alot of depth at the skill positions, with not much drop off in tallent, experience or ability. As a whole, the team is much faster than last year. Ashland has a stable of running backs and big strong line. This should be a very good game. If Young has time to throw, Raceland should be competitive. Raceland 's midfield run game still needs some development, but i the redzone, Walker, Snyder, and Christian are all capable of punching it in. How Raceland stops the run(well tbh, slows it down) and penalties will determine the outcome of this one.
My prediction:

Ashland 42
Raceland 25

Ashland's OL wears down Raceland in the end im afraid. It will be a packed house, playoff atmosphere, and all the hoop-la that surrounds the new stadium only adds to the fire. This game should be a dandy! Sad I wont be able to make it.
Could a please fix the date.
Ashland - 35

Raceland - 27
I'd say Ashland by 4 TDs. With Ashlands RBs I would guess passing will remain limited. Also first game in new stadium so the scales will be tipped further in the Tomcats favor.
Ashland 35-14
Ashland wears down Raceland pulls away 42-21.
I would like to see 1A Raceland win. But I want pick them.

Ashland 44
Raceland 21

:yikes:
this game will be a war much like last year. Tomcats 35

Rams 32
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:this game will be a war much like last year. Tomcats 35

Rams 32

Ashland will win and tomcat722000 is probably close on the score. All in all, it works out for Ashland with a win in their first game in the refurbished stadium. NCC was far from a sure thing and a loss was as likely as a win. Therefore, maybe those famous "Ghosts of Putnam Stadium" were watching out for the home team after all with a little downpour last Friday.
Ashland will put up 350 yards on the ground. 35-14 Ashland
This is an interesting rivalry. Ashland either dominates or its a close game and the victor is decided by a handful of pts. It will be an electric atmosphere. That is for sure. How Raceland's young lines step up will be the difference maker, good or bad, for the Rams and may very well decide the outcome of the game. I hope Raceland suprises me, but i think Ashland is 2-3 tds better at this point. Raceland has alot to improve on in the run game.
:popcornBig Grinelaying the opener is and was a bummer. With a standing room only of crowd 5000 plus at NEW Putnam Stadium, Ashland will be very pumped up maybe a little to much in the 1st quarter, which leads to mistakes and trying to hard. Raceland already with a game under their belts should help with early game jitters but to be honest I'm not sure any of the kids will be prepared for the crowd and the noise Friday night.
Raceland by 6.
Raceland by 6.:worthy::closeenough:
This will be another barn burner. The Rams are capable of a win here. Emotion of first game in new Putnam Stadium will factor in for the Tomcats.
Emotiona can do one of 2 things (see Peyton Manning's return to Indy), inspire or over inflate and distract. With two high powered offenses, one by air, the other by ground, could end up being a matter of who has the ball last. But, it could become a battle of defenses. As is always the case, the team who CAPITOLIZES ON T.O.s will win this game. Still like the Tomcats by 3 TDs. Hope Im wrong though!!! In '12 the score bored showed Racelans getting blasted. In actuality, we had the ball inside their redzone 5 times and turned the ball over 3 times. Couple that with a missed tackle that spurned a kickoff return for a td, and u have the blowout. The skill guys for the rams r experienced and have been in Putnam before, so have the Cats. This game has produced some massive crowds in the past. Usually 3-4 thousand people. It may be almost that plus another 1,000 or more. Who reaponds to the pressure early will be key. Racelandhas to score early and keep the Tomcat faithful from becoming a 12th man.
Ashland's line and backs will wear Raceland down. Raceland will keep it close until late with a chance to win. But Ashland will be to much. Tomcats by 10.
E's Army Wrote:Ashland's line and backs will wear Raceland down. Raceland will keep it close until late with a chance to win. But Ashland will be to much. Tomcats by 10.

This is Class 4A vs. Class 1A on Class 4A's home field. The outcome should be obvious.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This is Class 4A vs. Class 1A on Class 4A's home field. The outcome should be obvious.

"Should be" doesn't mean "will be." Raceland usually competes fairly well with the Tomcats in most years.
Raceland just beat a 3A team by 50 pts on their homefield.
Ashland by 3 td's
Would love to see Raceland pull one out but Ashland just has to much 35-28
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This is Class 4A vs. Class 1A on Class 4A's home field. The outcome should be obvious.
Go ask Madison Central how well the "obvious" worked for them against 2A Murray on their own home field this past weekend. 6A lost to a 2A.
Just making sure everybody realizes that little ol' Raceland has went into Putnam many times and won. This was a 1 point game last year, took OT and a trick play for Ashland to win. Cracks me up how Ashland people assume this game is a W year in and year out despite the fact Raceland has beat you guys or took it down to the wire on many occasions. Hate to break it to you Tomcats but Raceland is more than capable of leaving The newly finished Putnam with a W just as they did in 06', 07', and 08'. That's Ashlands problem, their arrogance outweighs reality. I sure hope the tiny little class A school can compete with the big bad 4a powerhouse...

Rams 36
Kittens 30
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Just making sure everybody realizes that little ol' Raceland has went into Putnam many times and won. This was a 1 point game last year, took OT and a trick play for Ashland to win. Cracks me up how Ashland people assume this game is a W year in and year out despite the fact Raceland has beat you guys or took it down to the wire on many occasions. Hate to break it to you Tomcats but Raceland is more than capable of leaving The newly finished Putnam with a W just as they did in 06', 07', and 08'. That's Ashlands problem, their arrogance outweighs reality. I sure hope the tiny little class A school can compete with the big bad 4a powerhouse...

Rams 36
Kittens 30

Harry Rex is not an Ashland fan.
washed up Wrote:Harry Rex is not an Ashland fan.

Harry Rex is a realist. He doesn't partake of the maroon and white spin nor, for that matter, the spin of other ultra partisans. Let's just say that Harry Rex deals in facts and not fluff.

On the other hand, Harry Rex does have his favorites and washed up is correct. Ashland is not one of them.
This one could be tuff for my Rams.I don't think that they can run the ball enough to sustain drives and keep Ashlands O off the field.The Rams play way to many kids both ways to be able to win a close game in the fourth quarter.Raceland will score points but they will give them up as well.I watched the Rams play last week and still have no clue of how good the are.I don't think they punted the ball all night so special teams is a big question mark for me.If the Rams kick the ball off short like they did last year to keep from a big return then I see this game playing out like last years game.The Tomkittens winning a close one at the end.
just pointing out no Ashland fan is saying this is a guaranteed W. That's all coming from other places.
Pages: 1 2 3 4