•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams You Just Don't Like
You know, there are several schools that I've wanted to hate, but, I usually meet some friendly coach or player of a hated team down the road and like them and kind of forget transgressions or dislikes of teams that occured to me in the past. For instance, I've hated Boyle County with a passion in the past. The fans with those damn rattling cans in the stands, the uppity attitudes I have taken from a couple of them at baseball games and football games alike as a Rockcastle fan has ticked me off more than once. Of course the beatings didn't help anything pertaining to my opinion during football season.(respect) One time we were at a baseball game and a Boyle County woman was so obnoxious and taunting when Boyle was winning I about lost it. When our team pulled out the win in extra innings during that game and my son was pitching the final seven innings of ten, I wanted spout off myself. I kept my mouth shut though......and then watched another Rockcastle parent show their butt while ripping that woman. It's an ugly thing to see from either side and I'm glad I kept my cool. I'm certain that some other Boyle County fans present were thinking, "What a bunch of arrogant Rockcastle rednecks" after that game while watching that parent show her butt.
But, then you meet a few cool Boyle County coaches here and there during all star football games, a few "good guy" fans who are just supporters of their kids while getting your car fixed in Danville, or even online here, or during other football games where your teams aren't playing each other and you realize they really aren't any different with their kids than you are with your own. I ran into McDonald's for breakfast near Boyle County High two years ago on my way to Louisville and sat down to eat. Nearby was a crowd of old retired loafers wearing the black and yellow of Boyle County and we had a good football talk. They were good old guys who just loved football whether it was Centre or Boyle County and they wished me the best with my sons. I appreciated that.
So basically, there are idiots in every crowd, including your own home crowd, who are turning opposing parents and fans against your own team.(***Note that I didn't mention any name online here who acts foolish when posting as a supposed Rockcastle fan. LOL)
Another example of my change in attitude toward other teams; I hated Frankfort High and it's fans for years. I got karate chopped in the throat by a player during a game against them(1984) in Frankfort when I played. Someone threw a rock and hit me in the arm as we loaded the bus up after the same game and you just don't forget that stuff. Twenty-five years later, my youngest son was in an all star football game in Frankfort. I made friendly with several coaches and fans of Frankfort on the same field where that happened while our kids practiced and sort of put it behind me. I've also appreciated the viewpoint of a couple of Frankfort posters online here and with time you forget that bad stuff.
What's funny is, when I played football for Berea in high school, we played against Rockcastle and I hated THEM. We were in a pileup once on the field and someone stuck me in the leg with a pin! I reckon it sunk to the bone. I came out howling and cussing and looking around at the pile that I jumped out from the bottom of, but, of course you're not going to figure it out with that many people in a pile who the culprit was and I'm sure they just dropped the pin on the field. It sure made me hate Rockcastle County though at the time. I have had the good fortune to be able to tell both of my sons how Berea beat Rockcastle County my last two seasons. The second win came during Tom Larkey's first year as Rockcastle's coach in 1985.
What it boils down to is most everyone has a team they dislike for one reason or another. But, you have to remember that most of those teams parent's are probably about the same speed as you with their own kids. They've got buttholes for fans, and you've got buttholes for fans. They have good people and so do you. It's up to you on how you want to be remembered.
As far as Highlands, Trinity, St. X and those other perennial powerhouse teams go, I'm usually rooting against them for the underdog.....until they go out of state. Then they play for Kentucky and I'm just as much for them as I am against them when they play instate rivals. But I don't HATE any team in Kentucky, I just like some better than others.:biggrin:
1. Raceland- long heated rival , some ( not all ) of them are some of the rudest , hateful , classless , snooty , 2 faced people ive ever met . Again not everyone in Raceland just some , i have met some good folks from there.
2. Mayfield - lost complete respect for Mayfield during the 2012 finals
3. Nicholas County - if you ever seen their coach in action you would understand , plus their fans are just classless , i witnessed on more than one occasion thier fans cheer when an injury happend to a opposing player.
4. Beechwood - pure arrogance
5. Tie between Ashland- strictly because of 2 faced coach love ( no problems with fans) , & Russell- use to have the utmost respect for them until they did Mcglone the way they did , & than hired Mr A-hole himself TJ Maynard
Prestonburg John won't play us
Pikeville won't play us
Lawrence county won't play us
Letcher central wont play us all these teams are 30 min away but boy old boy did they want to play us before matney came Johnson central ,
Ironton oh last beat us for probley 6 year from 7 th grade all way to jv now they cancel when we beat them a couple times ,
Magoffin
Betsy Layne

Magoffin are the dirtiest team I've seen play, Betsy Layne will have a 40-point lead and keep running the score up.
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath parents? Please elaborate. I will say there are a ton of whiskey bottles in the stands on the Cov Cath side after the HHS/Cov Cath games! I would like people to list their reasons why they picked the teams they did.

CovCath parents are the biggest bunch of complaining, excuse making fans you will find. Never their fault, always poor officiating, unless they win.
Talon Wrote:1. Raceland- long heated rival , some ( not all ) of them are some of the rudest , hateful , classless , snooty , 2 faced people ive ever met . Again not everyone in Raceland just some , i have met some good folks from there.
3. Nicholas County - if you ever seen their coach in action you would understand , plus their fans are just classless , i witnessed on more than one occasion thier fans cheer when an injury happend to a opposing player.
4. Beechwood - pure arrogance5. Tie between Ashland- strictly because of 2 faced coach love ( no problems with fans) , & Russell- use to have the utmost respect for them until they did Mcglone the way they did , & than hired Mr A-hole himself TJ Maynard

I would say Beechwood's arrogance (I do not feel that way) has taken a little hit over the last few years, not as dominate as they were.
bigtitandaddy Wrote:privates schools.........period

Anderson County, worst fans I have ever seen in 20 years of high school football, been about everywhere too...

Highlands..I am just jealous.

Is there a private school in your class?
sstack Wrote:I would say Beechwood's arrogance (I do not feel that way) has taken a little hit over the last few years, not as dominate as they were.

Beechwood never seemed arrogant to me. Highlands...that's arrogance. Beechwood was always just hard working, huge guys that were absolutely crazy. Not a good crazy either.
eagles2011 Wrote:Prestonburg John won't play us
Pikeville won't play us
Lawrence county won't play us
Letcher central wont play us all these teams are 30 min away but boy old boy did they want to play us before matney came Johnson central ,
Ironton oh last beat us for probley 6 year from 7 th grade all way to jv now they cancel when we beat them a couple times ,

Where has JC been these teams you mentioned haven't???? JC hasn't done or been anywhere they haven't. Lets see............. Prestonburg and Lawrence Co. done and been there long before JC could even win a district game. Pikeville may be a smaller school but I think would give JC all they wanted. I know Letcher Central is a newer school and don't know much about them. One thing about it you talk about Matney like everyone is afraid or something. Hmmmm Matney has how many State Championships to Coach Holcomb Enough Said..... So I would save myself some embarassment and not go there. Ironton Ohio even though I don't like them or any team of any kind from the state of Ohio. They have been there done that with a ton of Tradition. These teams you have mentioned might have had a couple down seasons and a rough way to go the last couple seasons. I would be careful what I wished for if I were you though. Because I look over the list and thats alot of Tradition and Wins that I'm not so sure JC is a drop in the bucket to.
I wanna go on record by saying this is a horrible thread, but I do enjoy reading it lol
Talon Wrote:2. Mayfield - lost complete respect for Mayfield during the 2012 finals

Pot calling the kettle black
Pikeville paid how much for those state champion rings how many kids just fall out the sky from Texas to play football in eastern ky ,
Westside Wrote:Lol! Did someone from Belfry actually call another program arrogant? Lol! I don't mean to laugh lol but someone from Belfry actually called another program arrogant. Lol!

:please: :thatsfunn. Confusedinglepar. :biglmao: Confusednicker: TongueirateSho. :eyeroll: :hilarious:

I thought that was hilarious too .
KyRock Wrote:Does this mean you don't like Belfry?????? Confusednicker:

:biglmao:
eagles2011 Wrote:Pikeville paid how much for those state champion rings how many kids just fall out the sky from Texas to play football in eastern ky ,
You must be desperate for an argument. Last time I saw anyone trolling this hard was 64sur. One freaking player from Texas. Y'all act all innocent, as much as you and Paintsville try to recruit from each other, I'm surprised y'all don't have satellite offices set up in each other's school to expedite paperwork. Is it true Cordia enrolled in recruiting 101 down there? I'm quite certain they aced the Choking 305 class y'all teach each year. Now hold up the rings. Go on. How many y'all got? Yeah. None. 99% of those state champ team players were all local home grown talent. Haters going to hate each and every time.

All in good joking, of course. I'm guessing most people can figure out at least one school on my "just don't like" list.

papagrit Wrote:You know, there are several schools that I've wanted to hate, but, I usually meet some friendly coach or player of a hated team down the road and like them and kind of forget transgressions or dislikes of teams that occured to me in the past. For instance, I've hated Boyle County with a passion in the past. The fans with those damn rattling cans in the stands, the uppity attitudes I have taken from a couple of them at baseball games and football games alike as a Rockcastle fan has ticked me off more than once. Of course the beatings didn't help anything pertaining to my opinion during football season.(respect) One time we were at a baseball game and a Boyle County woman was so obnoxious and taunting when Boyle was winning I about lost it. When our team pulled out the win in extra innings during that game and my son was pitching the final seven innings of ten, I wanted spout off myself. I kept my mouth shut though......and then watched another Rockcastle parent show their butt while ripping that woman. It's an ugly thing to see from either side and I'm glad I kept my cool. I'm certain that some other Boyle County fans present were thinking, "What a bunch of arrogant Rockcastle rednecks" after that game while watching that parent show her butt.
But, then you meet a few cool Boyle County coaches here and there during all star football games, a few "good guy" fans who are just supporters of their kids while getting your car fixed in Danville, or even online here, or during other football games where your teams aren't playing each other and you realize they really aren't any different with their kids than you are with your own. I ran into McDonald's for breakfast near Boyle County High two years ago on my way to Louisville and sat down to eat. Nearby was a crowd of old retired loafers wearing the black and yellow of Boyle County and we had a good football talk. They were good old guys who just loved football whether it was Centre or Boyle County and they wished me the best with my sons. I appreciated that.
So basically, there are idiots in every crowd, including your own home crowd, who are turning opposing parents and fans against your own team.(***Note that I didn't mention any name online here who acts foolish when posting as a supposed Rockcastle fan. LOL)
Another example of my change in attitude toward other teams; I hated Frankfort High and it's fans for years. I got karate chopped in the throat by a player during a game against them(1984) in Frankfort when I played. Someone threw a rock and hit me in the arm as we loaded the bus up after the same game and you just don't forget that stuff. Twenty-five years later, my youngest son was in an all star football game in Frankfort. I made friendly with several coaches and fans of Frankfort on the same field where that happened while our kids practiced and sort of put it behind me. I've also appreciated the viewpoint of a couple of Frankfort posters online here and with time you forget that bad stuff.
What's funny is, when I played football for Berea in high school, we played against Rockcastle and I hated THEM. We were in a pileup once on the field and someone stuck me in the leg with a pin! I reckon it sunk to the bone. I came out howling and cussing and looking around at the pile that I jumped out from the bottom of, but, of course you're not going to figure it out with that many people in a pile who the culprit was and I'm sure they just dropped the pin on the field. It sure made me hate Rockcastle County though at the time. I have had the good fortune to be able to tell both of my sons how Berea beat Rockcastle County my last two seasons. The second win came during Tom Larkey's first year as Rockcastle's coach in 1985.
What it boils down to is most everyone has a team they dislike for one reason or another. But, you have to remember that most of those teams parent's are probably about the same speed as you with their own kids. They've got buttholes for fans, and you've got buttholes for fans. They have good people and so do you. It's up to you on how you want to be remembered.
As far as Highlands, Trinity, St. X and those other perennial powerhouse teams go, I'm usually rooting against them for the underdog.....until they go out of state. Then they play for Kentucky and I'm just as much for them as I am against them when they play instate rivals. But I don't HATE any team in Kentucky, I just like some better than others.:biggrin:

nice post. I know the pin thing has happened several times to differen't teams and anybody caught doing it should be severely punished.
panther nation Wrote:1 Bell County
2 Whitley County
3 Rockcastle County
4 All private schools

Why do you hate those teams? Smile
Talon Wrote:1. Raceland- long heated rival , some ( not all ) of them are some of the rudest , hateful , classless , snooty , 2 faced people ive ever met . Again not everyone in Raceland just some , i have met some good folks from there.
4. Beechwood - pure arrogance
5. Tie between Ashland- strictly because of 2 faced coach love ( no problems with fans) , & Russell- use to have the utmost respect for them until they did Mcglone the way they did , & than hired Mr A-hole himself TJ Maynard

from what I've seen overall. Raceland has some of the best fans and Hazard has some of the most rude I've seen. I guess I didn't see the bad Raceland fans lol
pjdoug Wrote:Why do you hate those teams? Smile

Because that's the three teams that made knoxs life hell for 30 years.
eagles2011 Wrote:Pikeville paid how much for those state champion rings how many kids just fall out the sky from Texas to play football in eastern ky ,

Somebody jealous??????? Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because that's the three teams that made knoxs life hell for 30 years.

Confusednicker:
1. Harlan County
2. The Black Bears of Harlan County
3. HC (Harlan County)
4. The Filthy Mammals of Harlan County
5. The dark hills of Harlan County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Harlan County
3. HC (Harlan County)

Confusednicker:
Granny's a gonna getcha for this one Gutboy.....
Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Harlan County
3. HC (Harlan County)

that should draw some attention Confusednicker:
1.raceland aka south greenup. arrogant fans. they cannot keep the word Fairview out of their mouth. also orange has got to be the ugliest football color.
2. raceland
3. raceland
4. raceland
5. raceland

The same ones from Floyd Co and Martin Co that you could not advance with in football and basketball. But hey, congrats on the 15 region championships :Cheerlead
1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Scott Co.
4. Lex. Cath.
5. Highlands
Do I really need to say why?
Madison Southern (helmet incident years ago)
Pulaski County
Highlands
Lexington Catholic
Cawood ( I wished their fans had the air horns up their arse and I'm glad they no longer exist Smile )
scrappy coco Wrote:1.raceland aka south greenup. arrogant fans. they cannot keep the word Fairview out of their mouth. also orange has got to be the ugliest football color.
2. raceland
3. raceland
4. raceland
5. raceland

Disagree , knowledgeable fans, very courteous as fans, and there was a player in a wheelchair last year after they thumped our butts and every player and coach came outside the fence to high five him . That was awesome as it gets in football, reminded me of Pikeville coming to shake hands with Kash when he broke his leg in that game. Class bunch .
PHSForever Wrote:You must be desperate for an argument. Last time I saw anyone trolling this hard was 64sur. One freaking player from Texas. Y'all act all innocent, as much as you and Paintsville try to recruit from each other, I'm surprised y'all don't have satellite offices set up in each other's school to expedite paperwork. Is it true Cordia enrolled in recruiting 101 down there? I'm quite certain they aced the Choking 305 class y'all teach each year. Now hold up the rings. Go on. How many y'all got? Yeah. None. 99% of those state champ team players were all local home grown talent. Haters going to hate each and every time.

All in good joking, of course. I'm guessing most people can figure out at least one school on my "just don't like" list.

Trolling see you in Pikeville PHSForever just for that Confusederved: by the :policeman :policeman :policeman Williamsburg is coming Confusedmoke:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next