• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams You Just Don't Like
We have 5 teams we root for besides our own, now let's be honest and talk about 5 groups you just can't help but dislike. No arguing - we're entitled to our opinions and rivalry is what makes sports fun. I know SEVERAL people will have Belfry on their lists, and I don't blame them.

1. Pike Central - Wouldn't root for them to win a crap-eating contest.
2. Johnson Central - Nothing personal.
3. Breathitt County
4. Bourbon County
5. Bell County

For the record, some teams you don't know why you just don't like them - Bell County is that for me. Just the same, in the NFL I hate the Colts and have no clue why because I'm a Browns fan. No reason for me to hate them.
In no particular order
1. Pike Central
2. Pike Central
3. Pike Central
4. Pike Central
5. Pike Central
6, I get a sixth lol Breathitt County because of Holcomb and their radio crew from 2008.
bucslover68 Wrote:In no particular order
1. Pike Central
2. Pike Central
3. Pike Central
4. Pike Central
5. Pike Central
6, I get a sixth lol Breathitt County because of Holcomb and their radio crew from 2008.

I WILL SAY HOWEVER that I think things may be changing at Pike Central. Their middle school squad was all class during the Big Sandy Conference Grid-O-Rama last weekend, Coach Mullins who is their new HC at that level is a heck of a guy, and from what I've seen Coach Thacker at PC is a great guy. Seems like the Chapman is coming out of them real quick.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I WILL SAY HOWEVER that I think things may be changing at Pike Central. Their middle school squad was all class during the Big Sandy Conference Grid-O-Rama last weekend, Coach Mullins who is their new HC at that level is a heck of a guy, and from what I've seen Coach Thacker at PC is a great guy. Seems like the Chapman is coming out of them real quick.

Actually, I really like Coach Thacker and have already talked to him a couple of times since he got the job and I do wish him the best. Ashland is probably the other team I would add to my list. The whole "vibe" at Ashland is arrogant even though I have met some nice folks there. Dickie spoils it for everybody.
1. Pike Central
2. Mingo Central, Mingo, WV (They are arrogant and believe they could be competitive with Belfry)
3. Covington Catholic
4. Mercer County (Because of their undeserved 2006 championship)
5. Boyle Co
1) Paintsville
2) Ashland
3) Highlands
4) Covington Catholic
5) Paintsville, again.

Those of us who grew up in the days when Johnson Central-Paintsville was an annual thing will understand. These kids weren't always buddy-buddy with each other like they all are now...
#1 Every team from West Virginia
#2 Every team from Ohio
#3 Every team from Tennessee
Just 3 for me because I like all the teams in Kentucky except for when they play my Dawg's.
1. Breathitt (rudest fans I played against)
2. Pike Central (undeserved arrogance)
3. Mingo Central (delusional)
4. Wayne, WV (watered down WV superpower)
5. Pikeville (born to hate the panthers on pond creek)
bucslover68 Wrote:Actually, I really like Coach Thacker and have already talked to him a couple of times since he got the job and I do wish him the best. Ashland is probably the other team I would add to my list. The whole "vibe" at Ashland is arrogant even though I have met some nice folks there. Dickie spoils it for everybody.

Lol! Did someone from Belfry actually call another program arrogant? Lol! I don't mean to laugh lol but someone from Belfry actually called another program arrogant. Lol!

:please: :thatsfunn. Confusedinglepar. :biglmao: Confusednicker: TongueirateSho. :eyeroll: :hilarious:
There really isn't a program that I root against unless it's the Catholic schools like Lex Cath.
Oh and for the record Bucslover68 my post wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular from Belfry but I've read some very arrogant posts by a few people from Belfry.
Do-double-gg Wrote:#1 Every team from West Virginia
#2 Every team from Ohio
#3 Every team from Tennessee
Just 3 for me because I like all the teams in Kentucky except for when they play my Dawg's.

Does this mean you don't like Belfry?????? Confusednicker:
Westside Wrote:Oh and for the record Bucslover68 my post wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular from Belfry but I've read some very arrogant posts by a few people from Belfry.

No offense taken, but the big difference between arrogance and confidence is the ability to back up what you say or, in this instance, have your team do the talking. Belfry normally backs up any type of confident or arrogant talk. Some programs are still trying to live off their accomplishments when the helmets had no face masks!
1.) Paintsville: During the Apple Bowl era.
1.) Ashland: Because of the 2005 Wide Right Field Goal.
1.) Highlands: No reason needed.
1.) Covington Catholic: Because of their fans... not the "coloniel crazies", but the parents.
1.) Woodford County: Don't remember the year, but some of their coaches tried to fight with the chain crew & the players was cheap shoting our players every play. (And No, it wasn't one of the year's JC broke a state rushing record on them either)
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Fairview(it extends far beyond the last few years. Raceland/Fairview rivalry goes back along time and spans over all three major sports)
Greenup Co(no ones ever done anything to deserve it, just dont like em')
Cov Cath(Crazies r creative but the parents seem to think VERY highly of themselves)

Used to be....
Russell
90% of their fans/players/boosters and coaches, preached, ever so confidently, how they would destroy Raceland. They got us the 1st year of the rail cities bowl, then we managed to rattle off 4 straight wins. Since the renewal of the RCB, the Raceland/Russell rivalry has chilled out quite a bit. Really turned into a healthy and realected rivalry. All three HS teams play each other and the schools compete in a food drive contest. Really good for both programs. Glad they have renewed it starting next year.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1.) Paintsville: During the Apple Bowl era.
1.) Covington Catholic: Because of their fans... not the "coloniel crazies", but the parents.
1.) Woodford County: Don't remember the year, but some of their coaches tried to fight with the chain crew & the players was cheap shoting our players every play. (And No, it wasn't one of the year's JC broke a state rushing record on them either)

Cov Cath parents? Please elaborate. I will say there are a ton of whiskey bottles in the stands on the Cov Cath side after the HHS/Cov Cath games! I would like people to list their reasons why they picked the teams they did.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1.) Paintsville: During the Apple Bowl era.

sstack Wrote:Cov Cath parents? Please elaborate. I will say there are a ton of whiskey bottles in the stands on the Cov Cath side after the HHS/Cov Cath games! I would like people to list their reasons why they picked the teams they did.

If memory serves me correctly... JC has played Cov. Cath 6 times & all 6 times has been in the playoffs and played at JC.

The foul language you hear... the smell of alcohol and the way they the Cov. Cath. parents/fans act around us poor mountain folk. It's like they think they are gonna catch 2nd hand lip cancer from tobacco. Or they think they are in a bad episode of a 20/20 special about Eastern Kentucky. Oh Wait.... :lame: (thanks Diane Sawyer)
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
1 Bell County
2 Whitley County
3 Rockcastle County
4 All private schools
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If memory serves me correctly... JC has played Cov. Cath 6 times & all 6 times has been in the playoffs and played at JC.

The foul language you hear... the smell of alcohol and the way they the Cov. Cath. parents/fans act around us poor mountain folk. It's like they think they are gonna catch 2nd hand lip cancer from tobacco. Or they think they are in a bad episode of a 20/20 special about Eastern Kentucky. Oh Wait.... :lame: (thanks Diane Sawyer)

Not surprised to hear that, see a lot of that from them too, except the poor mountain folk part. I work with a lot of parents of Cov Cath and ND ( their sister school), and it shocks me how much drinking goes on with the students and the parents do not condone it and actually provide the alcohol and the parties; they think it is funny. I know it occurs at my kids school too, but not as rampant as I see at the Catholic schools, I see it a lot at NCC high school events too(and I am Catholic so I am not bashing Catholics). I am not against alcohol, but just think there is no place for it at high school events.
Trinity
St. Xavier
Newport Catholic
Covington Catholic
Lexington Catholic

. . . plus a few others.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Trinity
St. Xavier
Newport Catholic
Covington Catholic
Lexington Catholic

. . . plus a few others.

I sense a theme
Pirate4Life Wrote:1. Pike Central
2. Mingo Central, Mingo, WV (They are arrogant and believe they could be competitive with Belfry)
3. Covington Catholic
4. Mercer County (Because of their undeserved 2006 championship)
5. Boyle Co

Do you already have a reason to dislike Boyle or are you getting a head start because they are coming to 3A next year? you may add Lexington Catholic to that list beside Boyle after you have to play both of 'em a time or two in the playoffs in the future.
privates schools.........period

Anderson County, worst fans I have ever seen in 20 years of high school football, been about everywhere too...

Highlands..I am just jealous.
Always nice to hear from all those government school people who dislike private schools. Other than FTH and Beechwood, I only support the government schools with my tax dollars.
bigtitandaddy Wrote:privates schools.........period

Anderson County, worst fans I have ever seen in 20 years of high school football, been about everywhere too...

Highlands..I am just jealous.

I love your honesty!
1. Belfry (KY) "Too delusional to play us Wink " can't wait for the Fieldhouse again this year in basketball....
2. Wheeling Central Catholic (WV)
3. Huntington (WV)
4. Bourbon County (KY) And they call us rowdy? Heard more expletives in the first quarter than I'd heard in a whole game anywhere else.
5. Chesapeake (OH)
6. Majority of Private Schools in both KY/WV
Private schools not playing with same ruels I hate them all
All the Public schools who don't like us privates.
Honestly not sure I have a team I simply don't like...

There are coaches I am not fans of... and there are teams I actually enjoy seeing lose just to see the reaction of their fans... but no team I would truly say I do not like.
I honestly don't dislike any highschool in kentucky. I do like to pull against western, northern and central kentucky schools on a side note. :howdy:
  • 1(current)
  • Next