Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co @ Boyd Co 8/22
Lawrence by a lot. The county will be lucky to win a game this year.
Game time under those friday night lights is just 5 short days away.
Boyd and Lawrence have had several coaches over the last few years. To some extent this has affected the youth leagues as they have been left to develop their own schemes instead of the high schools. Any successful high school program has a strong youth league. I think the Lawrence youth league and middle school have done a better job of having players who understand the high school playbook. As I understand Boyd has instituted a new offense this year. It is extremely hard to learn a new offense in a few weeks. I think Boyd will struggle early in the season. Lawrence will control the clock and with good ball control, should be successful in meeting their goals for this game.
Colts have the battle for the Hibernian cup with Holy Cross. Going to head over there early and start the tailgating. Rivalry game so anything can happen.
ColtPride Wrote:Colts have the battle for the Hibernian cup with Holy Cross. Going to head over there early and start the tailgating. Rivalry game so anything can happen.

???
:pondering: Confusednicker:
Lawrence County 48
Boyd County 06

Running clock in this one...sorry Boyd :Sad04:
With a chance of rain for Friday, LC should have an additional advantage over a pass oriented offense. LC defense could play as big a part as their offense. A muddy field will not affect the LC run game but will cause problems for a spread offense that Boyd has instituted. A five wide set depends on very good timing to be successful and at this stage I do not think Boyd will be able to execute.
Dawgs by eleventy billion. LC may be better than I thought.
This is thursday morning and I just got off of weatherchannel.com and they are giving like a 90% chance of rain and storms for Friday night. We might have some rain delays or even some cancellations.:HitWall::lame::why:
I didn't see anything from Boyd in our scrimmage.

Lawrence Co. 49
Boyd Co. 0
LC by 12
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I didn't see anything from Boyd in our scrimmage.

Lawrence Co. 49
Boyd Co. 0

You really shouldn't base a prediction on a scrimmage in which they had 7 starters, including 5 linemen, who weren't dressed...not saying BC is gonna win, but they will be a little more competitive...and barring injuries this week, they get everyone back for week 2....just sayin'...
I still like LC by 5 scores
Lawrence County @ Boyd County rescheduled for Saturday @ 7:30 pm
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Lawrence County @ Boyd County rescheduled for Saturday @ 7:30 pm

Funny thing is probably going to rain Saturday also.:HitWall: