Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co @ Boyd Co 8/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who you got and why?
Boyd might play tough for a quarter or a half. Lawerence too much for Boyd. 49- 14
For some reason I think this is Lawrence Co. break out year. Lawrence wins 42-6
48-14 lc
Lawrence County - 33

Boyd County - 12
LC's defense is the only question mark, imo. But I look for Cecil and company to use this year as a major stepping stone.

Dawgs 49
Lions 12
I have the Dawgs in this one!!!

Lawrence County 42
Boyd 14
Close in the first half lc pulls away in second half. Lc defense should be much improved keesee moves to safety add chafins and richardson at corners and may see one of the dalton boys in there too.

Lc 35
Bc 7
Lc 35
bc 17
Most likely you will see the Dalton boys at the corners this game. Boyd is going to a spread offense and will throw 70% of the time. Chaffins and Richardson may still have a bit of a learning curve as they have not played since middle school I believe. I think this will be a test of the LC defense. They have not done well against passing teams in the past. If they hold strong LC will win. If they give up a lot of yards it could be a long night.
If Lawrence plans to be a factor in the 3A race this needs to be a big win:

LC 42
Boyd 13
Don't know about Robert dalton never seen him play timmy last year did not seem to interested in making any contact and tried to avoid it if at all possably but it was his first year at the high school level. I have only seen chafins and richardson at the corners at practice. Lc has good numders this year and I don't think you will see to many playing both sides of the ball.
LC by 3 touchdowns.
Lc 56
bc 20
Lawrence by at least 4 / 5 touchdowns
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Lawrence plans to be a factor in the 3A race this needs to be a big win:

LC 42
Boyd 13

I 100% agree. The Dawg's need to make a statement in this game. It is always good to get a win in the 1st game to get the kids excited.
We beat this team 56-15 last year but it was a very sloppy game and we let Boyd drive down the field a few times to many. I would love to see a varsity on varsity shutout in this one to feel good about the improvement in this defense.
LC "D" is gonna be fine. It might take a game or 2 for them to settle in but its gonna be alot better than people think.
dawg fan Wrote:Don't know about Robert dalton never seen him play timmy last year did not seem to interested in making any contact and tried to avoid it if at all possably but it was his first year at the high school level. I have only seen chafins and richardson at the corners at practice. Lc has good numders this year and I don't think you will see to many playing both sides of the ball.

Why make contact when you can just run by or out run ppl. Timmy is the Real Deal and heck of an athlete. He is a lil young but is gonna have a hard decision in a couple years imo with B'ball or F'ball. He will have a choice though with most kids only getting to pursue one sport.
Its getting close ladies and gentlemen. Can't wait for football season
Meet the Dawgs Friday 8/8 6 or 7pm. Intrasquad scrimmage.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Meet the Dawgs Friday 8/8 6 or 7pm. Intrasquad scrimmage.

Can you get the exact time because I'm going to this before I go to work at 11:00 pm. I want to see how the O line and the defense is doing. I know we have the the skill players but I want to see if we will have the line to block for em. I would also love to see some aggressive defense and some gang tackling. Last year if you watch the game film I can count about 35 to 40 times a game where players were in the perfect position to make a play on the ball but they would hesitate like they were waiting for someone else to make a play. Way to many people just standing around with their hands on their hips just watching on defense.
Went by watched the County practice, it will be worse then I predicted. Boyd had 35 players and they looked like my sons middle school team.
Boyd might be one of the worst teams in 4A this coming season. I don't know their schedule, but they may not win a ballgame.

I have heard a couple rumblings that they coach there is not exactly impressing anyone. If the Lions have an embarrassing season, that guy might be looking for another job.
I will be glad when the contract is over with a few of the teams on our schedule. I know people love to see those 60-0 blowouts but those games don't make you better. I would like to see us get some teams on the schedule, now that our program is starting to get better who are good year in and year out in the mountain area. I would also love to see coach get in contact with the old coach and get a Lawrence Co and Cabell Midland game going.
T-CATS Wrote:Went by watched the County practice, it will be worse then I predicted. Boyd had 35 players and they looked like my sons middle school team.

I don't care if they have 75 players after I got to see our scrimmage game last night I think we name the score in this game.
[Image: lawrence-county-ms.gif] 60

[Image: daviess-county-ky.gif] 0

After I got to see the Dawg's play last night I have changed my prediction.
:biggrin:
LC needs to set the tone for the season in this game. 3A vs 4A with a clock killing ground attack for LC.
My prediction you're gonna have to carry them lions off the field after the dawgs get a hold of em'
T-CATS Wrote:Went by watched the County practice, it will be worse then I predicted. Boyd had 35 players and they looked like my sons middle school team.

Not good
Pages: 1 2