Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can teams be full pads already?
realityone Wrote:More ridiculous accusations from individuals who have an Axe to grind.

That is exactly what I would say too, if we were that stupid to do that.

There is a song ........wouldn't me.
Where's your proof????
I think someone posted pictures of Madison Southern in full pads before being allowed.
Dang let's just shut football down statewide seems everybody is "cheating"
Flicka Wrote:That is exactly what I would say too, if we were that stupid to do that.

There is a song ........wouldn't me.

Are you or are you not on a message board making accusations that someone is cheating without any proof or firsthand knowledge what so ever? Furthermore, would the same statements be coming from your keyboard if this site wasn't anonymous?
some people thrive on drama Smile
former Wrote:I think someone posted pictures of Madison Southern in full pads before being allowed.

you think?
pjdoug Wrote:some people thrive on drama Smile

I am a drama queen, you should know that. I am just going to report them all and let us just see who lies and who tells the truth. Coaches are the only ones that will be punished. After tomorrow we will know.
Flicka Wrote:I am a drama queen, you should know that. I am just going to report them all and let us just see who lies and who tells the truth. Coaches are the only ones that will be punished. After tomorrow we will know.

yeah it's pretty obvious:flush:
It's cause people like you flicka that football isn't the way it used to be.
Flicka Wrote:I am a drama queen, you should know that. I am just going to report them all and let us just see who lies and who tells the truth. Coaches are the only ones that will be punished. After tomorrow we will know.

I doubt it. That would require you to put your name on a public document. No more hiding behind screen names and you would have to provide proof, or be libel for a defamation law suit.
RisingJackets Wrote:It's cause people like you flicka that football isn't the way it used to be.

Right on brother
The Paducah Sun newspaper showed pics of McCracken Co. practicing in shoulder pads and helmets, full contact tackling, on July 22???????????

http://www.paducahsun.com/sports/local/0...n_Football
jamesdeane Wrote:"Organized practice in helmets-only shall not begin prior to
July 15. Organized practice in pads (contact practice) shall not
begin prior to the earlier of August 1 or seven (7) week days
(not counting Saturdays and Sundays) prior to the opening day
of school (which shall be defined as the day prior to the classes
starting for the student body),

"Contact In Pads" is the key phrase here. Practice in pads against dummies?
Five days without pads then they can go pads.
:thatsfunn YES!
RisingJackets Wrote:It's cause people like you flicka that football isn't the way it used to be.
Assuming this is about Bourbon County, they are within the rules as they started school 8/6, meaning 7/26 was within their 7 days.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Assuming this is about Bourbon County, they are within the rules as they started school 8/6, meaning 7/26 was within their 7 days.

if the drama queens saw anything it was probably middle school football
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Assuming this is about Bourbon County, they are within the rules as they started school 8/6, meaning 7/26 was within their 7 days.

Dont work that way anymore. AUG 1 is the date so Bourbon broke the rules.

Has nothing to do with when school starts now old rules. :welcome:
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Has nothing to do with when school starts now old rules. :welcome:

I was just referencing the quoted rule, didn't know it had changed.

Maybe just wishful thinking for the haters out there.

:haters:
Any news good or bad on all the teams that put pads on early?
Investigation coming on those that used camp as an excuse to put them on early. Several calls have been made. The week early teams may feel the heat. We will see.
I guess Bourbon felt an extra few days would help them get over the Belfry hump that all their local news coverage and coach interviews seem to be harping on.

Also even though the rule is a solid 8/1 am I missing something. 7/26 is 12 days from 8/6 not 7.*
On KHSAA Football Blog:

07/21/14 – Football Individual Minimum Practice Reminder

July 21, 2014 Athletic Department Blog Updates

With the change back to August 1 for the first day of practice in pads (anything other than shoulder pads, following the minimum three days of helmets only and minimum of three days of helmets and shoulder pads), several coaches have inquired about the minimum number of days before playing against another school.

The rule states: “Each player, in order to be eligible to participate against another school and to become acclimatized and acclimated, shall have taken part in a minimum of three (3) practices over three (3) days in helmets only, three (3) practices in helmet and shoulder pads over three (3) days followed by five (5) contact practices over five days.”

Each player is required to have five days of practice in full pads (anything than shoulder pads and helmets) before going against another school. The rule continues to require the phase-in of these days as listed above.
Also on the KHSAA blog:

07/10/14 – Reminder about Changes in Football Preseason Practice Rules

July 10, 2014 2014-2015 News Releases

The changes that were made by the delegates at the 2013 Annual Meeting of schools have been given final approval in the last few days, and are therefore in effect immediately for the 2014 football preseason.

The preseason has been restructured as follows:
During the period beginning from July 10 through July 31, member schools may participate in non-contact simulations (i.e. 7 on 7) and such participation does not count against scrimmage limitations provided that the first practice in full pads has not been conducted.
The school issued helmet may be used during these activities, but no other equipment included in NFHS Rule 1-5 may be issued prior to the dates detailed in subsection (a)(2) of this section. The KHSAA catastrophic insurance is not in effect for these simulations if other schools are involved;

Preseason and during season practice in football shall be as follows:
The first legal organized practice wearing a helmet only shall be no earlier than July 22. Voluntary activity may be conducted between July 10 and July 21, and may include no football gear other than the helmet.
The first three (3) days of organized practice shall be in helmets only and the next three (3) days shall be in helmets and shoulder pads for acclimatization and acclimation.
For the three practice days in shoulder pads and helmets, there can be no contact with other players, only with sleds and dummies
Provided such activity is conducted and supervised by coaches meeting all qualifications of Bylaw 25, these practice sessions shall be covered by KHSAA Catastrophic insurance;
The remainder of the gear specified in NFHS Rule 1-5 can be issued and practice in pads can begin no earlier than August 1 or the week day following the completion of the required three (3) days of practice in helmets and shoulder pads if such date is after August 1. This is for all schools regardless of when school begins.
Any practice period on or after August 1 where any equipment other than the helmet and shoulder pads are worn shall be referred to as contact practice, and shall adhere to the following restrictions:
After contact practice has begun (any practice where more than a helmet and shoulder pads are worn), a non-contact simulation (7 on 7) may not be held;
After contact practice has begun and prior to the first day of classes for the students, a school shall not conduct multiple on-field practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) on consecutive days (e.g., two-one-two-one format)
After each contact practice, there shall be a three-hour break. During this break, there can be no gear worn, and no activity that in any way simulates football or football drills. This restriction is in place regardless of where the practice occurs including camps, home practices, or other workout areas. This period is solely for rest/recovery
The total practice time on any day where two contact practices are conducted shall not exceed five (5) hours, with no single contact practice exceeding three (3) hours. The total practice time on any day where only one contact practice is conducted shall not exceed three (3) hours. Meetings, film study, water breaks, rest breaks and injury treatment shall not count against the five hour limits. Weight training, voluntary conditioning and teaching period/walk through simulations without equipment shall not count against the five hour limit provided the three-hour break required for cool down is conducted prior to the additional activity following the contact practice
After the opening day of the school year, a school shall not conduct multiple on-field practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) regardless of the school schedule.
All schools shall upon request, submit any required documentation to verify the proper execution of the practice regulations, including scrimmage, contact, and Heat/Humidity Measurement and Compliance Programs.

At this point in time, there are not specific limitations regarding minutes or hours of contact practice per week, but those types of restrictions remain under rules. Coaches are reminded that it is critical to adhere to all guidelines for practice to help minimize risk for the student athletes.

Further information regarding revised regulations for offseason work following the 2014 season is being finalized and will be distributed upon completion. Best of luck to all teams in preparation for the 2014 season.

– KHSAA –

The KHSAA staff routinely publishes blog posts to better communicate with its various constituencies and the public. For a list of those blogs, go to http://khsaa.org/news-stats-pubs/sports-blogs/
To me, the key is the acclimation clause: Required 3 days helmet, then 3 days helmet and
shoulder pads... Then 5 days of team full contact before gong against another team. So if
full pads and team contact can not start until 8/1 then no scrimmages or opposing team
contact until 8/7 (excluding Sat and Sun).

Second point would be the issue of only a helmet for individual camp or 7-on-7 prior to 8/1
Do-double-gg Wrote:[Image: http://doomandgloomsports.files.wordpres...2x441c.jpg]

I drove by Cam stadium at Belfry the other day and saw this........................
......dang cheaters!:biggrin:

Dang it,,,,, Now my son wants to participate in a 7-on-7 with the Belfry Cheerleaders!!!!!!!!
I would imagine a lot of teams hate this rule, if not all.
Wouldn't waiting until August 1st ruin camp for a lot of teams? When you go to camp, you want to be in full pads and hitting to get good scrimmage time in. When I was playing we always went to camp the 3rd week of July and had been in full pads for a while.

For schools like Whitley and Wburg that started school on Aug 4th, it made camp virtually impossible to be fully productive like it should be.
I think they are waiting to see how many times these guys scrimmage with the grids and all. Double trouble. KHSAA will make example of those that scrimmaged 6-7 days before pads were permitted.