Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can teams be full pads already?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I was in Campbellsville the other day on business and saw a few teams scrimmaging? Is that legal?
ArchieAdams Wrote:I was in Campbellsville the other day on business and saw a few teams scrimmaging? Is that legal?

No way is that legal. The only thing you can have on is helmet and shoulder pads. Wow talking about illegal.
I have heard this but thought it was BS. What teams was it? I heard 1 was a team from the far SE corner of the state near the tunnel? Also a team that is named after a great Ky alcoholic beverage. Any thruth?
Are you sure it was high school?, I've seen middle school in full gear.
Cannot be in full pads until August 1st (Friday)...statewide rule
August 1 is full pads.
It was High Schools. I recognized some of the coaches. They had all been Rebels before. Used to see them at Jebezz with the Redhounds years ago. They were scrimmaging 11 on 11.
No.
If this is true, how stupid can those coaches be?
They should be reported then.
ArchieAdams Wrote:It was High Schools. I recognized some of the coaches. They had all been Rebels before. Used to see them at Jebezz with the Redhounds years ago. They were scrimmaging 11 on 11.

I don't want this to turn into a false rumor mill on here, and im not saying you are lying seeing as these teams have nothing to do with your school, but my advice would be to let someone know about it instead of a bunch of keyboard warriors on here Confusednicker:
ArchieAdams Wrote:I was in Campbellsville the other day on business and saw a few teams scrimmaging? Is that legal?

:flush:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't want this to turn into a false rumor mill on here, and im not saying you are lying seeing as these teams have nothing to do with your school, but my advice would be to let someone know about it instead of a bunch of keyboard warriors on here Confusednicker:

Sounds like he just reported what everyone had been hearing. 7 days early. What are they thinking.
If a kid gets hurt doing this, a family will own that school. Shows arrogance in a coach, and lack of care for school and players. This win at all cost attitude only puts players at risk. If this happened this early someone will have to answer for it. This is no longer the 60's and 70's.
Flicka Wrote:Sounds like he just reported what everyone had been hearing. 7 days early. What are they thinking.

I have no clue, but I also don't understand the rule.
If they cant go full pads in August, then why can they go full pads for spring practice?
Makes no sense to me.
Not hard to understand Rule says Aug 1 full pads. Spring there are no weather issues. I do not agree with it , that is not the issue. Kids safety is the issue. Hard to believe coaches would do this. 1 week early is unheard of.
I would hope that is not true but I have heard some rumblings of it as well. I have heard the teams involved from a parent at 1 of the schools. They didn't know it was illegal? I will however not be the 1 to spill the names.
Is this little risk really worth it? By going full pads early they are not only putting the kids at risk but they are also putting their jobs on the line too..
WOW!!! Is all I can say!!!!
Why would coaches in programs of this stature, risk this so early. What is wrong with these guys?
Can someone who knows the teams involved PM me?
Xerxes Wrote:Why would coaches in programs of this stature, risk this so early. What is wrong with these guys?

^
Exactly!

You hear this every year. Sometimes I think folks just like to stir the pot; not that there's anything wrong with that. I like to stir every now and again myself.

But any coach that would put their team's status in jeopardy for an extra week of practice in pads, doesn't have enough sense to coach teenagers!!
JMO
No full pads until August 1st but starting July 22nd you had three days with helmets followed by 3 days of helmet and shoulder pads (this shells period is still supposed to be non contact)
Gonna suck for all those teams at Georgetown College too
If I am taking the hints Middlesboro, Bourbon and ??????
I like the rule. You know this has to help kids from getting dehydrated and eliminate heat injury or even death. If a team did this, then they need to be reported. If my cougars have to do this then so should all teams.
I'm sure if anyone of Mr Tacketts people has seen this thread there is going to be hell to pay for the teams involved if they find it to be true.
So how is this legal during Dead period?
Thrillex Wrote:So how is this legal during Dead period?

Man ya gotta love social media!
That picture is a team camp which involves other schools, I'm sure they pay additional insurance for the camp. This is no different than the Lineman Camps that are participated in at Hawg Heaven, etc. A lot of schools go to colleges and meet other teams and do drills, perfectly legal. As long as they pay their insurance for the camp.
The problem here is a lot of people don't know the rules and call out other schools too quickly before knowing the details.
So if Georgetown hosts a team camp with multiple teams ? With Georgetown coaches in attendance, it's perfectly legal to be in full pads before Aug 1?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5