Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region
Vance and Valencourt are out. I don't look for any of the other three to come back out. Of the 3 Messer would be the only one they would let come back out.
I would have to agree though that with what we have out there and if Messer came out that would make us a region contender. Would be a very good team. Valencourt and Vance have looked good in early practices.
little birdie said that Messer has already ordered basketball shoes and will be there after football is over. YES this team has the ability to surprise alot of people.
Boyd
ManofGOD Wrote:little birdie said that Messer has already ordered basketball shoes and will be there after football is over. YES this team has the ability to surprise alot of people.

If that is indeed true. I like our chances not only in the District but the region as well.
Being from fleming co. I want to say fleming, but being a realist, and after seeing our stars graduate, i cant help but think rowan co or boyd will run this region.
I don't care who comes out, Racelans is not a threat to win the region. District, maybe.
Greatness Wrote:Being from fleming co. I want to say fleming, but being a realist, and after seeing our stars graduate, i cant help but think rowan co or boyd will run this region.

Rumor is Williams is not playing. Being recruited for football and deservedly so. Any truth to it?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Rumor is Williams is not playing. Being recruited for football and deservedly so. Any truth to it?

WOW. If true you could see Fleming drop to the bottom four of the region IMO.
I had heard that previously, but it seemed like he was going to play. However, someone told me he had injured his knee in football. Does anyone know if that is true?
I was talking about Wilder Williams.
Morgan County returns the best scorer in the region is junior Jordan Perry. They also received a transfer who is a 6'3 forward who can shoot from all over the court. Also returning is forward (Adams) their center (Sparkman) and shutdown defender (Collins)
TheSkipper Wrote:Morgan County returns the best scorer in the region is junior Jordan Perry. They also received a transfer who is a 6'3 forward who can shoot from all over the court. Also returning is forward (Adams) their center (Sparkman) and shutdown defender (Collins)

This transfer wouldn't happen to be a foreign exchange student would it?:biggrin:
I think Callahan at Rowan may have something to say about best scorer in the region.
Wolverine Wrote:I think Callahan at Rowan may have something to say about best scorer in the region.

I'm not for either team, and this is only my thought I dont think Callahan scores very many without the Whalen kid!
LClion4life Wrote:This transfer wouldn't happen to be a foreign exchange student would it?:biggrin:

si or wi or ja or da

Or at least it usually is.
Welcome Wrote:I'm not for either team, and this is only my thought I dont think Callahan scores very many without the Whalen kid!
I am not totally sure what is meant by that statement, but Callahan constantly drew a chaser last year or a double team and still averaged 18+ points. Whelan is a solid point guard who when he gets hot helps Callahan, but was not hot very often last year and had a lot of open looks because of the attention on Callahan.

The other side is this...Callahan does have Whelan and whatever Larry does to help him is a part of the equation.
goldenbucs Wrote:I am not totally sure what is meant by that statement, but Callahan constantly drew a chaser last year or a double team and still averaged 18+ points. Whelan is a solid point guard who when he gets hot helps Callahan, but was not hot very often last year and had a lot of open looks because of the attention on Callahan.

The other side is this...Callahan does have Whelan and whatever Larry does to help him is a part of the equation.

I really didn't mean anything by the statement. I saw both these teams play last year & Callahan is a great shooter. I just think with what Rowan Co had last year vs what Morgan Co had Perry is the better scorer. Just my thoughts only. I think Coach Thacker would agree, your only as good as the players around you. I didn't intend to ruffle your feathers goldenbuc.........
Sorry,
Looking at Ashland's roster on KHSAA website, there appear to be several names not known to have participated for the maroon and white in the past. Has Ashland again enticed some "transfers"? If so, are they from venues other than the Commonwealth?
Truth Wrote:Looking at Ashland's roster on KHSAA website, there appear to be several names not known to have participated for the maroon and white in the past. Has Ashland again enticed some "transfers"? If so, are they from venues other than the Commonwealth?

I don't know if Ashland has any new players this season, but I think transfers are a common thing these days. You almost have to wait until all the rosters come out each season to see who is playing where. It only becomes a "problem" if winning ensues.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I don't know if Ashland has any new players this season, but I think transfers are a common thing these days. You almost have to wait until all the rosters come out each season to see who is playing where. It only becomes a "problem" if winning ensues.

As George Orwell said in Animal Farm, "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others". That certainly applies in the area of "transfers/recruits" in the eyes of KHSAA. The more the Ashlands of the world recruit, the more the Fairviews of the world get punished.
Is Boyd Co really a region contender? If so this speaks volumes for the weakness of this region.
Yea southwestern put a pretty good spanking on rowan sat and didnt even play very good the first half.
I thought Fairview was investigated for playing an ineligible player? They allowed a kid to repeat a grade in high school and he continued to play.
I saw the Daily Independent basketball issue and it appears that I was wrong about there being any transfers to Ashland. Unusual situation.
Williams is playing.
washed up Wrote:I thought Fairview was investigated for playing an ineligible player? They allowed a kid to repeat a grade in high school and he continued to play.
yes the former AD turned a blind eye to it...and several other things. that's why he is no longer at Fairview. AD, head coach ,and most of the other coaches were all corrupt
scrappy coco Wrote:yes the former AD turned a blind eye to it...and several other things. that's why he is no longer at Fairview. AD, head coach ,and most of the other coaches were all corrupt

Why don't you look at your superintendent instead of blaming others scrappy
Wolverine Wrote:I think Callahan at Rowan may have something to say about best scorer in the region.

Right now, based on stats on KHSAA website, Perry (28.2 ppg) is outscoring Callahan (18.3 ppg)

Also Perry leads in FG% 46.9 and 3ptFG% 38.1% (Callahan FG%43.1% and 3ptFG 32.3%)
Shoelaces Wrote:Right now, based on stats on KHSAA website, Perry (28.2 ppg) is outscoring Callahan (18.3 ppg)

Also Perry leads in FG% 46.9 and 3ptFG% 38.1% (Callahan FG%43.1% and 3ptFG 32.3%)

In their head to head match-up Callahan had 26 and Perry had 14.
Truth is...both are great players and great scorers. We get to watch 'em both!