Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are the early favorites to win the 16th region?
Rowan and Boyd will be tough
Boyd and Rowan will be top two !!!!!
Boyd will be solid but lost some key players.
Elliott should be pretty good as well.
Heard burnett from pike central is transferring to boyd, any truth to that?
As of now I would rank the 16th as
1.) Rowan
2.) Boyd
* They will be very close
3.) Elliott
4.) Greenup
My understanding about Boyd is that they are picking up transfers one right after the other! I am not sure if they are going to make 'em better or not, but I've heard at least 3 since school year ended. Not sure of names.
Got a chance to see Boyd this summer. Should be solid. But Thacker and company at Rowan should be the strong contender this year.
Rowan, Boyd, and Elliott County. My pick is Elliott.
Reliable sources say Ashland has a few players moving on to greener pastures. Is this true?
Ashland graduated most of their experience, plus they lost Damantie Thorton by transfer. But i don't think they've lost anyone else. But their cupboards are bare or at least very young.
The Regional Title should be Boyd's this year....with the addition of LT, they will be SOLID - can't see them being beat...
goldenbucs Wrote:Ashland graduated most of their experience, plus they lost Damantie Thorton by transfer. But i don't think they've lost anyone else. But their cupboards are bare or at least very young.

Thank you for the update. The cupboard does appear bare and the Ashland pipeline to Rose Hill has dried up because of lack of talent. I have also heard that the brothers with Ironton, Ohio ties were matriculating elsewhere. That would make the cupboard pretty much empty.
Quote:Heard burnett from pike central is transferring to boyd, any truth to that?
Yes, my understanding is that he joined them towards the end of summer ball and worked out with them several times. He is a very good player, but I'm not totally sure where they will use him, Anderson is already their point guard.
We have heard about Boyd, Rowan, Ashland and Elliott. What about the other teams in the region?
Greenup County returns a lot of experience and heard they got a new talented transfer as well but no one can ever be sold on the trainwreck that has been Greenup County basketball for the last 7 or 8 years or so.
LClion4life Wrote:Greenup County returns a lot of experience and heard they got a new talented transfer as well but no one can ever be sold on the trainwreck that has been Greenup County basketball for the last 7 or 8 years or so.

My GC source tells me that some of the returning players quit over the summer....anyone else heard??
I have heard the transfer to GC isn't going to happen.
Where was the transfer to GC was supposed to be from?
Rowan Co will be hard to handle. Talent and depth.
Quote:I have heard the transfer to GC isn't going to happen.
Which transfer is that? I heard they were getting a 6'6" guy from somewhere, but hadn't heard of any other transfer.
What is Fleming going to look like this year? Didnt they graduate a lot?
Fleming graduated 6 of its top 7 players from last year. To say they've been hit hard by graduation would be an understatement. Their only returning player, who got any playing time, is Wilder Williams. A hoss on the boards and can own the paint. They have a junior guard (I think his first name is Ashton) who can really shoot the ball well.

They will have a lot of growing pains and could face an up and down year. I think they could surprise some people, but then again they could have a pretty rough year.
goldenbucs Wrote:Which transfer is that? I heard they were getting a 6'6" guy from somewhere, but hadn't heard of any other transfer.

Usually if GC gets a transfer it's normally a foster kid. Cubbard isn't going to be bare at Russell. The cubbard is going to be off the wall and crashed on the floor. May be a few years till Russell gets competative again.
Raceland Rams will be interesting to watch this year with the RETURNED!!! Looks like speed on the floor at every position.
They will be my dark horse pick...
With "returned" I assume you mean Messer?
He's not playing.
Without Messer and Kelly, are they a real threat? They didn't look great this summer.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:He's not playing.

Yes he is and also Rodney Vance- RETURNED, Maverick Dixon-returned, John Valencourt-returned. Josh Young- returned, maybe after football.

Kelly transfered.
Pages: 1 2 3