Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to come clean!!!
Westside Wrote:I used to drive a rock truck on a surface mine and some of the things you are told to do make them death traps no matter how safe you try to be. Luckily I had no accidents but they were many times I was scared to death, but you have to do it.

I currently work at a surface mine and have for the past several years. If you feel something is unsafe, you don't have to do it. They can't fire you for it; if they do, I promise you MSHA and the state will make them regret it. I'm speaking from experience when I say that.

Things are a lot different now than what they were in the past.

The way I look at it is if you don't speak up, then your just as responsible for being in that situation as much as the foreman would be.

Before anything else, I always take care of number one first, then worry about the rest.
judgementday Wrote:I suffer from Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). For those of you who suffer from the fear of heights, here is a great video for you to watch.

I was doing just fine untill I watch this video. Now I'm sick...not kidding judgementday wow :dontthink
64SUR Wrote:I was doing just fine untill I watch this video. Now I'm sick...not kidding judgementday wow :dontthink
I felt the same way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Downtown10 Wrote:I currently work at a surface mine and have for the past several years. If you feel something is unsafe, you don't have to do it. They can't fire you for it; if they do, I promise you MSHA and the state will make them regret it. I'm speaking from experience when I say that.

Things are a lot different now than what they were in the past.

The way I look at it is if you don't speak up, then your just as responsible for being in that situation as much as the foreman would be.

Before anything else, I always take care of number one first, then worry about the rest.

Oh, I agree, but I worked there in THE Past when things were different. I am glad the times have changed. Luckily, I found a teaching position in central Ky and got out of Dodge.
Westside Wrote:Oh, I agree, but I worked there in THE Past when things were different. I am glad the times have changed. Luckily, I found a teaching position in central Ky and got out of Dodge.

Glad to hear you were lucky enough to get out. I'm working on getting my bachelors now so if I can keep working a little while longer I'll be getting out as well.
Downtown10 Wrote:Glad to hear you were lucky enough to get out. I'm working on getting my bachelors now so if I can keep working a little while longer I'll be getting out as well.

Good luck and stay safe.
When im out on a mines job, I can tell right away if they've got any sense or not.
Just last week while going to a job site to talk with the owners about there equipment, the first thing that rolls up is a 777 with a guy inside wearing head phones and listening to music. MSHA could have shut the place down. They had already been there that day and told them if they didn't get no smoking signs up they were doomed lol.

But, on the flip side, ive seen some jobs and its owners be more safe and strict than even msha is on a lot of things.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:When im out on a mines job, I can tell right away if they've got any sense or not.
Just last week while going to a job site to talk with the owners about there equipment, the first thing that rolls up is a 777 with a guy inside wearing head phones and listening to music. MSHA could have shut the place down. They had already been there that day and told them if they didn't get no smoking signs up they were doomed lol.

But, on the flip side, ive seen some jobs and its owners be more safe and strict than even msha is on a lot of things.

When we did certain things we were not supposed to do we would have someone sit a couple miles down the road to watch for inspectors. Needless to say we didn't operate by the book.
Downtown10 Wrote:I am the same way Dogg. I aint't skeered of nothin, but the thought of a tornado makes me soil myself.

My wife is in the same boat as judgementday, she cannot stand the thought of a clown.

I think I have watched the movie Twister and youtube videos of people riding out tornadoes a little to much!
You know, when Twister first came out, it was considered cutting edge as far as the special effects were concerned. Today, they feel a little childish, but I remember the first time I saw that movie, and it really was scary.
Spirit100 Wrote:Loved it, but not as good as this:

I wasn't about to impose an ICP video on you otherwise we would have potentially never heard from you again. So enjoy the softer side of clowns :Thumbs:.

I cannot take ICP serious enough to be afraid of them. I remember going to the circus as a kid and my mom thought she would surprise me with front row seats....needless to say a clown came and tried to get me to join the show and sit in his lap.....no more circuses for this guy....
I don't trust words, I trust action...
I am considering leaving a clown doll the next time we go geocaching!

Wink

(joking!!)
Granny Bear Wrote:I am considering leaving a clown doll the next time we go geocaching!

Wink

(joking!!)

Sounds good.....just don't give me the GPS location....
I don't trust words, I trust action...
The answer to ddgs original statement……you will never come clean buddy!!!

:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^^
Confusednicker:

gg's really a great guy!