Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 74 Lawrence Co 72 (57th District Championship)
THOMCAT Wrote:Yeah, I think that it may have been in the late 70's or early 80's when Dave Michael and Sam Sparks played.

Give me a break man... if LC comes out of there with a W tonight this thread would have been blown up with JC folks complaining about the refs. SMH
No they haven't That's my point. I will say this next to rod Rhodes that cook guy maybe the best recruiter around The Daulton boys didn't play middle school ball there. Cook does an excellent job and chaffins is balling right now. If he keeps playing like this they have a shot next week at the title. I like the way he plays. LC people make it very hard to root for u guys. Those pike county people are really going like you all. Lol.
Creeker Wrote:Give me a break man... if LC comes out of there with a W tonight this thread would have been blown up with JC folks complaining about the refs. SMH

Stay classy Louisa/Fort Gay.
Pike Central gave them a whipping!
Big Don Wrote:Pike Central gave them a whipping!

How in the hell did that happen? Let me guess it was the officials fault.
They beat them by one?
WTH. Get over the Dalton's. They moved to Louisa legitimately and did go to Louisa Middle School. Wait is parsley not from Kermit regardless how long he's been there. People move dumb***
Wildcat man Wrote:Just watched the 2 best teams in the region in a war, great game Bulldogs! To lose by 2 to JC at their place, I can't wait for the regional championship: round 4!

We will see, but I'd say Betsy Layne, Pike Central, East Ridge , and Shelby Valley will not be easy outs.
BrickCity Wrote:They beat them by one?

Tiger Fever Wrote:How in the hell did that happen? Let me guess it was the officials fault.

How do you think the tigers will do in regionals? Oh that's right they didn't make it to regionals. :hilarious::hilarious:
Creeker Wrote:Give me a break man... if LC comes out of there with a W tonight this thread would have been blown up with JC folks complaining about the refs. SMH

I don't have to give you a break, go back and read one of my post which talked about the officiating. I did not defend them. Guess my post are like the refs calls, you only see what you want.
Warthog Wrote:We will see, but I'd say Betsy Layne, Pike Central, East Ridge , and Shelby Valley will not be easy outs.
Everybody else is not got a chance Warthog.
Wildcat man Wrote:Everybody else is not got a chance Warthog.

Pike Central beat Lawrence by 1
JC just beat SV by 3

I would say they have a chance.
Congrats Eagles!
I know how two fix all the crying from Lawrence , talk someone from lawrance into playing football , and I say coach would probley come and play you guys at home first ,
eagles2011 Wrote:I know how two fix all the crying from Lawrence , talk someone from lawrance into playing football , and I say coach would probley come and play you guys at home first ,

You lost Me......... :okay:
Good to hear JR anytime
LC fan here. LC has never went to the state. Losing by 2 to the best team at their place
All the pressure on JC now
LC by ten in title game.
Yep LC making first trip to state would be the best story by far out of this area. You kids playing and parentsE
You guys playing and all the fans cherish these games. Your having the time of your life.
Good luck to all.
KyRock Wrote:You lost Me......... :okay:

Lost I simply said Lawrence county is afraid to play Johnson central in football ,
It's a shame that you won't play Johnson central in football ,
Two good teams and they will meet again
eagles2011 Wrote:Lost I simply said Lawrence county is afraid to play Johnson central in football ,

As much as you want to believe that JC is some powerhouse football program because they have had a couple ok seasons. Who has JC beat that is worth mentioning???? JC hasn't did anything in football that LC hasn't done. The only thing is LC has done it better. No One is afraid of JC in any sport and you are just trying to change the subject to football because You know its coming. And like I've said would rather beat JC in the Region more than the District anyways.
This was a good game both teams could play better ,but I do think they are playing better than anyone else in the region. Maybe Shelby Valley the only other team to have a chance.
KyRock Wrote:JC don't want to play LC again. I have been impressed with this young LC team all Year. But tonight WOW!!!!!! They played with big ole Gorilla Balls tonight and Were Men among Boys!!!!! Congrats to JC they played ok to but got to wonder how they would do with a different Officiating Crew????? Because the garbage that has been there all week Sucked!!!!!! And I still can't figure out where they get these idiots at????? Smh
All I can say is, http://www.khsaa.org
You and some of your people should become officials. You apparently have all the skills and your rule knowledge is unquestionable. Try it, I am sure you will excel at it. By the way, take some others with you, this site is full of experts.
THOMCAT Wrote:I will agree that it was not a well called game. But it was definitely not one sided. I will disagree with your statement that Shane gets preferred treatment. It is obvious that you have not watched him play very much. He has to get hammered for a foul to be called when he shoots. He can be bumped and pushed around with nothing called and go to the other end and do exactly to the other guy what was just done to him and a foul is called. What we saw tonight was bump and a foul called and the hard contact and nothing called. That is what makes a poor officiated game is inconsistency. And one last note, the charge on Gullett late in the game was horrible. Congrats to Lawrence County, you played as well as you possibly could and still lost to a team that did not play near their best game. See you in Pikeville.

LC shot about 25% in the first half, and scored only 17 points. I'm quite sure that is not "as well as they can possibly play."
What a fantastic ball game we witnessed last night!! Johnson Central led by 6 at halftime and pushed the lead up to 15 points in the 3rd quarter. The Bulldogs showed a lot of heart and grit and really impressed me. Both teams played good. Yeah there were some bad calls for both sides but I think it was pretty even in the end. This game had a little bit of everything. I thought Mckenzie could have easily got a technical foul called twice after taunting the crowd and shooting an extra free throw instead of giving the ball back to Wallen. Either way this was a championship style atmosphere and I loved it. Congratulations to both teams and I personally want to say Thank You for all for the effort. That's what basketball is all about.
eagles2011 Wrote:Lost I simply said Lawrence county is afraid to play Johnson central in football ,

Just for the record LC & JC have played each other 10 times in football with LC winning 8 of them. Yes the last 2 was all JC but the first 8 was the Dawgs. JC is having a run in football the same as LC had in the 90's. But this is a basketball thread and last nights game was an awesome game and neither team has anything to hang there heads about. Good luck to both in the regionals.
JC is like Syracuse.
They are lucking out and eventually, their luck will run out.
They are due a loss
Just a great win for Johnson Central, I will say that JC does a great job hosting the district and there gym looks good.
After seeing all these posts on here about the game just thought I would chime in a few thoughts. First off congrats to the Bulldogs for playing such A hard fought game. You never gave up. You played with heart. Not only by the five on the floor but the boys on the bench cheering you on and the ones who stepped up big when needed. Great turnout by LC fans and wonderful job by our cheerleaders and band. Yes there were several calls that were in JC favor. Even refs that were not calling the game were cheering for JC but that's ok. We are hungry and we are coming for you in regions.
Warthog Wrote:We will see, but I'd say Betsy Layne, Pike Central, East Ridge , and Shelby Valley will not be easy outs.

May not be easy wins,but (LC-JC )thay will take the 15 region like Grant took Richmond. All 57 District Championship game.:Thumbs: Good job Lawrence. Congratulations Johnson Central. God Speed 57's