Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 74 Lawrence Co 72 (57th District Championship)
Final OT
Shane Hall with a triple double....

JC makes starts their trip for a record 3rd straight 15th regional championship.
Sounds like LCC game to play....

Hopefully JC will use this close game as a wake up call.
All I'm gonna say is, I def got my five dollars worth...what a game!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Shane Hall with a triple double....

JC makes starts their trip for a record 3rd straight 15th regional championship.

That is awesome! What was his stats?
Lawrence had it and choked
JC don't want to play LC again. I have been impressed with this young LC team all Year. But tonight WOW!!!!!! They played with big ole Gorilla Balls tonight and Were Men among Boys!!!!! Congrats to JC they played ok to but got to wonder how they would do with a different Officiating Crew????? Because the garbage that has been there all week Sucked!!!!!! And I still can't figure out where they get these idiots at????? Smh
Lawrence co is a great team to watch.Coach Cook gets the best out of his players.Will probably see the same two teams in the Regional championship.
Choked really? Lost by 2 pts in overtime. If they would let us have 8 players on the floor there would be no competition. Yes I am complaining about the refs. "Shane Hall apparently gets superstar treatment.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC makes starts their trip for a record 3rd straight 15th regional championship.

There have been a few teams that have won 3 or more 15th Region titles in a row.

Inez 1934, 35, 36, 37
Inez 1939, 40, 41
Elkhorn City 1943, 44, 45
Virgie 1977, 78, 79
Paintsville 1985, 86, 87
Belfry 1990, 91, 92
Paintsville 1995, 96, 97, 98
Shelby Valley 2009, 10, 11
Awesome game without a doubt. Hall had some seriously nasty dunks and Gullet had a nice one himself.

I believe it's safe to say Lawrence Co put to bed the theory that JC is the CLEAR favorite tonight.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:There have been a few teams that have won 3 or more 15th Region titles in a row.

Thanks for being the BGR "Fact Police"

Any JC fan would know what I'm talking about. 3 straight regional titles for JC.

Stick to schools that begin with P and have blue & white as their colors.
Mezzo Wrote:Choked really? Lost by 2 pts in overtime. If they would let us have 8 players on the floor there would be no competition. Yes I am complaining about the refs. "Shane Hall apparently gets superstar treatment.

He does but thing is He is not a Superstar. :biglmao:
Ahhhh I would rather beat them in The Region than The District anyways.
Told you all LC has never lost a game they wasn't cheated. Lol. Always something smh. They played great just came up a little short. The game evenly called.
I will agree with everyone that it was a heck of a game but the KHSAA needs to seriously address the referee issue in the 15th. It's not only in basketball but is the same with baseball and softball. What makes it even worse is when you see the JC Superintendent and Bob Hutchison and 3 15th region referees all setting together. WTH. Not taking anything away from JC they played a great game but I think the referee issue defiantly needs to be looked at in the off season. If LC hits their free throws game over they win. Should be a good regional tourney.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Thanks for being the BGR "Fact Police"

Any JC fan would know what I'm talking about. 3 straight regional titles for JC.

Just trying to help. I'm a history guy, that's all. Always pull for teams from the 57th to do good. The history from this district alone is outstanding.
cardsrule Wrote:Told you all LC has never lost a game they wasn't cheated. Lol. Always something smh. They played great just came up a little short. The game evenly called.

Smh Kids:eyeroll:
cardsrule Wrote:Told you all LC has never lost a game they wasn't cheated. Lol. Always something smh. They played great just came up a little short. The game evenly called.
Are you kidding me Cardsrule. You must have been outside smoking the whole game or was at the wrong gym. This was defiantly not a well called or even close called game.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Just trying to help. I'm a history guy, that's all. Always pull for teams from the 57th to do good. The history from this district alone is outstanding.

Good Job J.R don't pay attention to some ppl on here they just jealous of your Ring. And that they will never have one they don't want LC in the Region Championship. They might not even make it there.
The Black Ref (no racism intended) was the worst tonight He just sucks!!!!!! Come On don't make it look so obvious!!!!!

You all better get back to tooting Smith's horn so he doesn't run off over there. lol
KyRock Wrote:Good Job J.R don't pay attention to some ppl on here they just jealous of your Ring. And that they will never have one they don't want LC in the Region Championship. They might not even make it there.

I didn't want to upset anyone, just wanted to clarify the statement. I have nothing but respect for what JCHS has done and I hope they continue their run for the title!
Congrats JC.

One heck of a game to watch tonight.

No need in being a d*ck about it, Pulp. You just didn't clarify it. JR is a huge history guy and I'm sure meant nothing by it. I'd try to take a shot too though, JR has more athletic ability in his pinky than you have in your body. Plus has accomplished more than what most people ever dream of doing. Stick to playing Dungeons and Dragons and screwing up the music at football games when you do it.

Wow you may be the biggest moron on this site that isn't from Lawrence County. All JR did was correct your inaccurate post and you get all defensive. If you actually stuck to what you know you would only be able to post on that stupid pro wrestling garbage that you constantly talk about.
KyRock Wrote:JC don't want to play LC again. I have been impressed with this young LC team all Year. But tonight WOW!!!!!! They played with big ole Gorilla Balls tonight and Were Men among Boys!!!!! Congrats to JC they played ok to but got to wonder how they would do with a different Officiating Crew????? Because the garbage that has been there all week Sucked!!!!!! And I still can't figure out where they get these idiots at????? Smh
Has Lawrence County ever lost a game that wasn't blamed on the officials?
I will agree that it was not a well called game. But it was definitely not one sided. I will disagree with your statement that Shane gets preferred treatment. It is obvious that you have not watched him play very much. He has to get hammered for a foul to be called when he shoots. He can be bumped and pushed around with nothing called and go to the other end and do exactly to the other guy what was just done to him and a foul is called. What we saw tonight was bump and a foul called and the hard contact and nothing called. That is what makes a poor officiated game is inconsistency. And one last note, the charge on Gullett late in the game was horrible. Congrats to Lawrence County, you played as well as you possibly could and still lost to a team that did not play near their best game. See you in Pikeville.
Just watched the 2 best teams in the region in a war, great game Bulldogs! To lose by 2 to JC at their place, I can't wait for the regional championship: round 4!
Tiger Fever Wrote:Has Lawrence County ever lost a game that wasn't blamed on the officials?

Yeah, I think that it may have been in the late 70's or early 80's when Dave Michael and Sam Sparks played.