Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman in the 13th Region?
Bell County has several good freshmen. I don't know all their names though.
Peyton Broughton is the best freshman in the 13th. Sams not far behind.
I'd take Asher from North over all the freshman in the region.
Broughton!
Top 5 IMO:
1. Peyton Broughton (North Laurel) - Doesn't play like a freshman, could be a top 5 player in the region on any given night.
2. Treyce Spurlock (Harlan County) - 6'4" swingman, can slash and get to the basket, can handle the ball, very good offensive rebounder, and can shoot from deep.
3. Andrew Taylor (Corbin) - I know he's an 8th grader, so it makes him that much more special on this list. Can shoot, handle the ball with ease and get to the basket. Going to be fun watching him for the next four years.
4. Bryson Asher (North Laurel) - 6'6" big, lanky center. Needs to add weight to become great, but the pieces to his game is there. Plays like a European big man, can shoot out on the floor, and a good rebounder.
5. Wade Liford (Barbourville) - 6'2" wing player, great mid range game and has a good motor. If he listens to Dinky and allows him to coach him up, he can be another impressive player in the great line of Dinky products.
From what I've seen (not seen all)
1. Broughton
2. Asher
3. Grubb (major upside)
4. Taylor (8th)
5. Carmichael
6. Spurlock
7. Rice (8th)
8. Sams
Broughton, Asher, Sexton, Sams, and the big kid from Jackson Co. In that order.
Jooey Wrote:Broughton, Asher, Sexton, Sams, and the big kid from Jackson Co. In that order.

You don't get out of the 49th much it appears.
Zach Norris is the only freshman above 6-foot on the Jackson roster I have.
If Broughton wants to even be considered the best player in the region someday....he better start working on his dribbling and shooting.....He also can't create his own shot.....Put someone on him man to man and play tight....IT IS OVER!!!!.....With that said he is a decent player but nothing like people make him out to be on here.
cchsfan4life Wrote:If Broughton wants to even be considered the best player in the region someday....he better start working on his dribbling and shooting.....He also can't create his own shot.....Put someone on him man to man and play tight....IT IS OVER!!!!.....With that said he is a decent player but nothing like people make him out to be on here.

Absolutely. It's all potential with him. He is not a very good shooter for a guard nor can he create own shot. I'm starting to lean toward Asher being the better man for the future over in London.
I've watched most of these kids play. Broughton is a good young player, but seems to be the focal point of the offense at NL. This makes a huge difference in his numbers compared to some of the other freshmen mentioned here. His scoring numbers IMO doesn't make him better. I think most, if not all the ones mentioned could average 20ppg if their respective offenses revolved around them and if they consistently put up 15-20 shots per night. That's why you can't just look at numbers. If you want to know what these kids can do, you have to get out and watch them play.
There are kids y'all have not even seen play better than any kid at clay or Jackson co or south laurel
My top 5 list...
1. Broughton
2. Carmical
3. Spurlock
4. Jared Grubb
5. Bryson Asher
13th Region Boys Wrote:My top 5 list...
1. Broughton
2. Carmical
3. Spurlock
4. Jared Grubb
5. Bryson Asher

That's pretty close to what I have.
I don't understand why people are adding 8th graders on a freshman list. That's next year's freshmen list.
I agree that Broughton and Asher have the chance to be very special.