Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Freshman in the 13th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me know what you think!
In no particular order, at least not until after the regional:

Asher and Brought from North
Carmical and Spurlock from Harlan County
Grubb from South
Sams from Clay
Liford from Barbourville
Busroe from Harlan
HDE Wrote:In no particular order, at least not until after the regional:

Asher and Brought from North
Carmical and Spurlock from Harlan County
Grubb from South
Sams from Clay
Liford from Barbourville
Busroe from Harlan

Good looking list Sams kid for clay could be special. Confusederiously:
I would add Sexton from CC to the list. He and SAMs could start for most varsity teams in the region. They just happen to be following the class of Smith , Wolfe and Farmer at CC.
I don't even think Sams is the best freshman on clays team, he is good but unlike the Sexton kid a lot better. To me. He handles it better better on the drive and a twice better defender. Sam's might have a little better stroke but it ant by much. And I've watched almost all the jv games. Would bet money Sexton shoots a higher percentage and has way less turnoversConfusedhh:
BrokenArrow Wrote:I don't even think Sams is the best freshman on clays team, he is good but unlike the Sexton kid a lot better. To me. He handles it better better on the drive and a twice better defender. Sam's might have a little better stroke but it ant by much. And I've watched almost all the jv games. Would bet money Sexton shoots a higher percentage and has way less turnoversConfusedhh:

I don't know about JV games but 56% (I know just a few shots here and there) is pretty good 3 point % for Sams in varsity games. I also don't know if you're kidding but every game Will gets stripped multiple times when he is in varsity games. Nevertheless, that freshman class ain't much compared to the sophomores. Our middle school and grade school programs have went down the drain. You used to have 3-4 teams that could contend for county championships, not just Hacker and Manchester with 2-3 good players each.
I personally like Sextons all around game better but they both will need to spend a lot of time in the gym this summer if they want to get any of the super sophmores mins next year
UKCC Wrote:I don't know about JV games but 56% (I know just a few shots here and there) is pretty good 3 point % for Sams in varsity games. I also don't know if you're kidding but every game Will gets stripped multiple times when he is in varsity games. Nev. Htheless, that freshman class ain't much compared to the sophomores. Our middle school and grade school programs have went down the drain. You used to have 3-4 teams that could contend for county championships, not just Hacker and Manchester with 2-3 good players each.

No kidding here I really think Sexton is better. I'll say this if Sams runs the point for clay next year we go no where. The kid turns it over like crazy. I know JV is JV but Id bet Money Sextons #'s are as good as Sams. I Also got nothing for a kid who quits on his team. If he really thinks he's good enough to play over the first 6 in that rotation he on crack.:dontthink
I also think Broughton and Asher from north are the real deal.
BrokenArrow Wrote:No kidding here I really think Sexton is better. I'll say this if Sams runs the point for clay next year we go no where. The kid turns it over like crazy. I know JV is JV but Id bet Money Sextons #'s are as good as Sams. I Also got nothing for a kid who quits on his team. If he really thinks he's good enough to play over the first 6 in that rotation he on crack.:dontthink

I agree with the quitting stuff, that was a little stupid.
I heard Sams quit because he thought he should be starting.. Sometimes kids and the parents are just so unrealistic. There are less than 15 4 year starters in CC history. Sams and Sexton both have potential to be nice high school players but I don't think they will be super sophs. Sams best sport is baseball and Sexton football so I believe they will just be role players.
Broughton (North) and Grubb (South) have had the best seasons. I think Broughton is a top five player in the region, which would make him the best overall, too.
I would take Carmical and Spurlock over them any day of the week and twice on Sundays!!

Wink
Broughton is the best freshman I saw this year,as for as top 5 players in the region he may be a year or two from that. IMO.
I know harris from Jackson if only in 8th but if he grows I little bit I think he will be good player, he's a smart ball player
TriCountySports Wrote:Broughton (North) and Grubb (South) have had the best seasons. I think Broughton is a top five player in the region, which would make him the best overall, too.

There's no way Broughton is a top 5 player in region. He's good And I like him but if Blake Smith had as many touches as him his numbers would be through the roof. If Chip moves on next year you will see Smith explode.
BrokenArrow Wrote:There's no way Broughton is a top 5 player in region. He's good And I like him but if Blake Smith had as many touches as him his numbers would be through the roof. If Chip moves on next year you will see Smith explode.

If I was guessing every freshman for clay is the best ....sick of hearing about clay when they have proven nothing this year!!!
Whey are talking about freshman players. Not varsity starters.....
Jooey Wrote:Whey are talking about freshman players. Not varsity starters.....

Because BROKENARROW,BUBBA,UKCC AND COUNT have nothing else to talk about clay varsity is not worth talking about...:biglmao:
Best freshman in the 13th is North Laurel Peyton Broughton. :Cheerlead
Jooey Wrote:Whey are talking about freshman players. Not varsity starters.....

Broughton is a starter and so is Blake Smith, but if u guys you knew anything about 13 region basketball you would have knew that........Dont even know why I responded to ignorance:ChairHit:
outsidelookin Wrote:If I was guessing every freshman for clay is the best ....sick of hearing about clay when they have proven nothing this year!!!

If u would read my post I didn't say any of clays freshmen were better than anyone. I simply said Broughton is not a top 5 player in region. He is averaging a whopping 8 pts per game against clay while shooting less than 20 percent. He can't score on Smith and he knows it. I actually like the Asher kid better than him.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Broughton is a starter and so is Blake Smith, but if u guys you knew anything about 13 region basketball you would have knew that........Dont even know why I responded to ignorance:ChairHit:
that just means you are down are level....
Broughton is a good player, great freshman. Blake Smith is a better player.
Trevor Sams is better than Sexton Imo. He has just got to be patient and wait for his time.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Broughton is a good player, great freshman. Blake Smith is a better player.

I thought Blake was a sophomore I'm I wrong. Confusedhh:
Harris could be a great ball player for Jackson, need to grown a little bit im know he's in the 8th grade but he is as smart of ball player they came
outsidelookin Wrote:Because BROKENARROW,BUBBA,UKCC AND COUNT have nothing else to talk about clay varsity is not worth talking about...:biglmao:

I don't understand why you get so offended by us taking up for our school when you are a homer too! Haha we're CC fans, the majority of our talking will be about CC. We're not going to get on here and talk about how great Knox Central is. Yes, they are probably the best team in the region with CC/JC tied for second but man get a grip. You hate us talking about THE SCHOOL we root for anyway.
I didn't know anything about one of the players I listed quitting or I wouldn't have listed him. Sams was the best JV player for Clay when I saw Harlan County play them early in the season.

How did the Clay JV team finish? Who were the best teams you guys saw this year in the region?
jackson co. fan Wrote:I know harris from Jackson if only in 8th but if he grows I little bit I think he will be good player, he's a smart ball player

I agree I like the Harris kid, only fault is see to him is he's not big enough to be in the post and not quick enough to be a guard. I do think he has a good skill set just needs to grow some more or work on his ball handling. Will make a nice player for Jackson.
Pages: 1 2