Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Officials
Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://khsaa.org/coaches-officials/offic...formation/

Feel free to sign up for next season.

Until you are out on the floor doing this job, you just don't understand how hard it is with all the things going on.
The 14th has been known for years of sketchy officiating. I know a lot of the guys who call in the 14th and they are good guys. Too many of them protect certain players and even attempt to make games more about them than the kids.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
I agree. As much as I disagree with most of the refs I see in the 13th region, the ones from the 14th are so much worse!

Now, I don't get out and go to as many games as I used to, but if the 13th region referees are better than the 14th then they've made HUGE improvements since the days of Charles Kirk, Allen, Ralph Woods, and the principal from Cawood that screwed Paducah Tilghman vs Scott County in the semifinals of the Sweet 16 back around 1998 or 99. There's other jewels but I can't think of all their names. I don't know if things have changed in the last few years but there was a time that no regions wanted to swap out with the 13th.
Cook, Napier and Kyle Maggard are three of the best.
"Yeah we get $60 bucks to drive all over the region and be yelled at and have to put up with whinny fans like yourself, put up with spoiled rotten kids on the floor and the wantabe coaches on the benches who think they are coach cal".... tell us how you really feel.
Who are you quoting inyourface?
D-ROCK Wrote:Who are you quoting inyourface?

Reckon it wasn't a quote; that might be a ref.
And that's just the best he can do.

:Shaking:
I put an excerpt from a PM that I received on this thread a few days ago. I must have stepped on some toes by starting this thread. I only hope that is the feeling of one 14 region official and not all of them.
scotch201 Wrote:Cook, Napier and Kyle Maggard are three of the best.

This actually made me laugh out loud!!! Cook, at one time, was decent, but Napier and Maggard just want to be seen!!
To bad all the 24 th region people want to do is talk about the 15 th refs when they have as many if not more Poor officials
to the 14th reg ref's please get hair cuts lose a few pounds and look the part. Most of the time these guys look like they just got out of bad.First impression goes along way clean up your act before next season.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know any of them personally. Are they the type to be influenced by Cordia?

Heck no they literally must have anyone leave the bench and TBH the kids =jumped up but were held back and the behind the bench incident took place. Cordia has had to fight the ref and team in every major game.
The khsaa needs to hire someone to go around and watch these refs in action without telling the refs. Send this person to the big games and critique the refs if it is obvious what they are doing then suspend them or fine them. This would stop a lot of bad calls and taking care of certain players in my opinion
Tommy Hall's job. You can apply for it.
Khsaa did hire somebody
his name is the GREAT TOMMY HALL. now maybe everybody understand why things are run like they are. officials in the mountains are never going to get any respect and they are never going to get better unless KHSAA hires people with better character and respect that him. and that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!
3PTSHOOTER Wrote:his name is the GREAT TOMMY HALL. now maybe everybody understand why things are run like they are. officials in the mountains are never going to get any respect and they are never going to get better unless KHSAA hires people with better character and respect that him. and that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you nominate for the job?
killerb Wrote:Who do you nominate for the job?

Don Hall, of course, would be everyone's first choice! :eyeroll:
Mike Melton would do a great job at training officials. :rockon:
Eddie Browning would do a nice job, like he does with the All A stuff. :Cheerlead
Happy did a great job with it when he had it. :popcorn:
Yvon Allen would be the #1 man for the job. Experience, you just can't beat it!
Just to name a few, but I am sure there are others out their that would want the job!