Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern blows out Pulaski
jim rome Wrote:I will listen to your opinion but put no value on it. You knowledge goes to middle school only. If you think gover was a better defender than Johnson, Gains, or Burton you went to even fewer games than I thought. If you know so much PC basketball, can you tell me how many players have left the program in the last 5 years? I can, this year alone 8 kids that were on the team in June are now gone, and it's that way every year. At some point some of you have to realize there is a problem. Have you had any discussions with former players or players playing now? I have, there is only so much negativity a kid can take, they need some positive every now and then. I feel silly telling you this with all your coaching experience. Bottom line is PC needs a new coach, I've seen it for 9 years now that's 8 to many.

I'm 100% sure you know more about the situation than I do. I DO value your opinion because I do understand what you're saying. I'm not here to bash or defend any coach. I just have a small issue with people throwing out the "uncle-ball" term when the nephew was THAT good. Those comments are not valid. If he was not a good player or was not a top 5 player on the team at the time, I wouldn't be on this thread. Johnson is a GREAT scorer. Goins is a GREAT defender. Gover had a more balanced attack on both sides of the ball. That's all I'm saying. I would also argue that Burton should have gotten more playing time than he did. That kid has the hustle. That's going on strictly what I saw personally at PCHS gym and a few road games. Do I think they underachieved the past few seasons with the players they had? My answer to that is yes. It may be the coach, you would know more about that than I would.
Well whatever happens... I hope they do what's best for the program and not what's best for just a select few parents and click. The problem with most High School sports in this area it is that it has become too political.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Well whatever happens... I hope they do what's best for the program and not what's best for just a select few parents and click. The problem with most High School sports in this area it is that it has become too political.

And that is the very reason the Govers need to go. Politics is how they got there and what is keeping them there.
Sorry. I respect everyone's opinion but I just don't agree with the assumption that he can't coach and to think a Rob Jones could do better is just ludicrous. Offensively I watched his teams put up 80-90 points on numerous occasions so offense wasnt an issue. I think alot of teams around the region dont play defense that well. Just sounds like alot of nitpicking. Hard to replace a TG and KJ from last year.
Hey woody Hayes I don't really know if you was at the PC game or not but I was. To say that al Gover is a good coach is the worst/untrue statement ever. The guy sit there and let his team get there butt's handed to them. Another thing Gover let his son shoot the ball 20 "BAD" shots and probably had 10 turnovers an not say anything. Gover doesn't care about the team he just wants his son to be an all star and get in the 1000 point club he doesn't care about pulaski basketball. If his son would actually pass the ball they could beat some good teams. And oh yea if Peyton would play a little defense that would be nice. And Al Gover didn't even play his senior but 5 min at the most and he has played and put up with the prick for 4 years. I think I'm just gonna stay home from now on it's just sickening to go watch daddy take care of his little boy. Just sickening
Big man 45 Wrote:Hey woody Hayes I don't really know if you was at the PC game or not but I was. To say that al Gover is a good coach is the worst/untrue statement ever. The guy sit there and let his team get there butt's handed to them. Another thing Gover let his son shoot the ball 20 "BAD" shots and probably had 10 turnovers an not say anything. Gover doesn't care about the team he just wants his son to be an all star and get in the 1000 point club he doesn't care about pulaski basketball. If his son would actually pass the ball they could beat some good teams. And oh yea if Peyton would play a little defense that would be nice. And Al Gover didn't even play his senior but 5 min at the most and he has played and put up with the prick for 4 years. I think I'm just gonna stay home from now on it's just sickening to go watch daddy take care of his little boy. Just sickening

What I seen last night was a team that was coached in West Jess. And a team that has no idea about fundamentals, or discipline. The team has no structure no purpose absolutely no idea. I've seen 3rd graders at recess play more organized basketball. I also thought it was classless that as a coach you have one senior in your whole program, and you can't play him in the 4th quarter on senior night in a game that was obvious you had no chance to win from the first minute of the game. One again, PC basketball is a joke.
jim rome Wrote:What I seen last night was a team that was coached in West Jess. And a team that has no idea about fundamentals, or discipline. The team has no structure no purpose absolutely no idea. I've seen 3rd graders at recess play more organized basketball. I also thought it was classless that as a coach you have one senior in your whole program, and you can't play him in the 4th quarter on senior night in a game that was obvious you had no chance to win from the first minute of the game. One again, PC basketball is a joke.

Ouch! I really thought after SW and PC played the first time in the overtime game that PC would be a serious threat in the 12th region. Their point guard Gover was awesome that night! And Ross played out of his mind. Not sure how it went down hill so fast for them.
fanantic Wrote:Ouch! I really thought after SW and PC played the first time in the overtime game that PC would be a serious threat in the 12th region. Their point guard Gover was awesome that night! And Ross played out of his mind. Not sure how it went down hill so fast for them.

It's no different than it has been every year Gover has coached. By the time PC plays a team twice the other coach prepares their players for their opponent at PC nothing changes and the coach is not smart enough to make changes during the game so therefore it usually ends in a big W for PC. Look at PC record in the region. When has PC ever been a threat to their opponent?:Clap:
baller789 Wrote:It's no different than it has been every year Gover has coached. By the time PC plays a team twice the other coach prepares their players for their opponent at PC nothing changes and the coach is not smart enough to make changes during the game so therefore it usually ends in a big W for PC. Look at PC record in the region. When has PC ever been a threat to their opponent?:Clap:

I know the region has been unkind to Gover. They have the talent to make a surprise run this year. I know it is unlikely but at least they won't be going in with the pressure as the best team like they have the last couple of years. I know its Wayne and possibly Southwestern's region to take.
anybody heard any more news on the pulaski coaching job. I did talk to a few kids from pulaski last night and they all said several kids would come out and play next year if they had a coaching change.
ky playmaker Wrote:anybody heard any more news on the pulaski coaching job. I did talk to a few kids from pulaski last night and they all said several kids would come out and play next year if they had a coaching change.

They will not be a coaching change as far as the head coach goes. His brother may or may not be coaching, he took the softball job which would not allow him to coach basketball but the whole team and their parents are already trying to get a change. So he may get moved back to basketball. The head coach will be there 3 more years regardless how bad it gets.
Its very apparent from the tweets put on twitter that the football staff and basketball staff do not see eye to eye.
ky playmaker Wrote:Its very apparent from the tweets put on twitter that the football staff and basketball staff do not see eye to eye.

No, they probably don't. The football staff stands behind all their kids, not just one. When they feel their kids are done wrong they will voice their opinion. Basketball is a joke at PC, everyone you talk to knows it. All the b-ball coach has to do is keep beating Rock, Casey, and Somerset and that is considered a success at PC. Which after next year that won't be happening either. After Burton and Ross graduate and Hall decides to go football only, PC will be at the bottom of not only the 12th region but also the 47th district.
The 47th district is by far one of the weakest districts in the state and all PC wants to do is brag about winning 5 districts in a row. SW will be a force to reckon with as well as Wayne and Lincoln the next 3 years. People want to say PC doesn't have the talent that other teams have but that is a false statement. Burton Ross Hall and Gover all have a lot of talent but the coaching staff simply doesn't know how to use it. Let them keep winning the district and getting embarrassed in the region...PC is the team that every team wants to draw in the region it equals an easy W for the opponent and will for years to come with the current coaching staff. Congrats to SW on another 30 point victory over PC.
ky playmaker Wrote:Its very apparent from the tweets put on twitter that the football staff and basketball staff do not see eye to eye.

It's also very apparent from the tweets that football doesn't see eye to eye with other sports as well... That's not good for the school. In my opinion makes there staff look very childish!
If hall goes just football which is very likely imo pulaski will be hurting for wins. peyton might score 40 a game though. i really do love watching the kid play though so crafty
ky playmaker Wrote:If hall goes just football which is very likely imo pulaski will be hurting for wins. peyton might score 40 a game though. i really do love watching the kid play though so crafty

As long as his family is coaching he will score 40 a game regardless who else is playing. It has been that way for 5 years now. PC is the only team in the region that thinks you can only win if your point guard leads you in shot attempts and points.
That point guard for PC will be one of the best in the state by the time he is a Senior.
Woody Hayes Wrote:That point guard for PC will be one of the best in the state by the time he is a Senior.

I agree, maybe he can play at Florida St. That is where grandpa told everyone his cousin was going. Woody you must be related to Brad I mean Tribe.
jim rome Wrote:I agree, maybe he can play at Florida St. That is where grandpa told everyone his cousin was going. Woody you must be related to Brad I mean Tribe.

Maybe he could go to Campbellsville and red shirt......just saying
Woody Hayes you must be a Gover bc all you do is brag about their success. Lol 5 districts in a row isn't that great when your in the weakest district in state. And Peyton be one of the best guards in state?? Are you kidding? Don't know if you ever watched him play against somebody over 5 ft but he gets embarrassed pretty bad everytime.
All I can say is from watching the 12th region tournament it doesn't matter who plays for PC they will never have a chance to compete with any team in the region with the Govers coaching. Pc's team is no where close to being as fundamental and having the basketball knowledge that those teams bring to the floor. It's sad that they want to blame it all on talent because a good coach gets the most out of his team regardless of talent. The talent is there and has been there and always ends up with the same result. PC needs a new coaching staff period. Parents and players should demand a change IMO.
Heard today from a reliable source that Ritchie Farmer would be joining the PC coaching staff next year. He will also bringing a couple kids with him. Things will be getting better at PC after all.
Silly he is in jail isn't he? I heard its Rod Rhodes going there!
PC needs a new coach regardless who it is. Anyone who says he's done a good job these last 5 years or the first 4 years he was there is stupid. The nine years total he has been there 6 of those years he was #1 or #2 in the region, how many region tourney wins does he have? 2!!!!!! He knows the players or parents don't want him there but he still stays, I wonder why? As long as Lake Cumberland Shell is backing the family the administration won't make any changes no matter how many kids suffer.
Gover is gone at PC. I heard that Clark and Ross are moving out. Gover to saint X Clark to SW. Ross kid to Lincoln? Don't know if it's true just asking?