Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Johnson Central have enough to win it all?
Yes! The key is to stay healthy throughout the playoffs. Have to be 100% for Cov. Cath. and FTH!
sstack Wrote:That BS team had a ton of talent,size and speed, but really poor coaching.
I am sure HHS would love to have JC bring an extra defender all night, they have so many weapons to throw the ball to, that if you do not defend them all, he will pick you apart. This is the best over all group of skilled players I have seen at HHS. You are probably right about your comments about size and speed, not too sure of the strength comment, HHS boys might not be big but spend a lot of time in wt room, those boys are all muscle and no fat beer bellies.

:biglmao: :lame: :dudecomeon:

What are you trying to say.....???
Pulp Fiction Wrote::biglmao: :lame: :dudecomeon:

What are you trying to say.....???

I am saying no fat beer bellies, very fit kids on Highlands teams. Some teams you see big kids but it is all fat and they are slow and have no chance against a fit team. What is lame about that?
Diogenes Wrote:I am sure that HHS is capable of playing a less-than-perfect game. They almost came out and lost to a fairly unremarkable Bryan Station team in the first round a few years. And we've come within a dropped TD pass of doing it ourselves. It CAN be done. Just got to hit them early and hard and keep coming at them.

We should have the advantage in size and strength. They will have the advantage in speed and depth, although we have more depth than we used to. And we absolutely HAVE to get to the QB. I feel our best chance is to apply constant pressure to Houliston, and if that means bringing extra defenders on every play, so be it. All you have to force is one bad throw, and that's a turnover. Turnovers could win or lose this game.

sstack Wrote:That BS team had a ton of talent,size and speed, but really poor coaching.
I am sure HHS would love to have JC bring an extra defender all night, they have so many weapons to throw the ball to, that if you do not defend them all, he will pick you apart. This is the best over all group of skilled players I have seen at HHS. You are probably right about your comments about size and speed, not too sure of the strength comment, HHS boys might not be big but spend a lot of time in wt room, those boys are all muscle and no fat beer bellies.

sstack Wrote:I am saying no fat beer bellies, very fit kids on Highlands teams. Some teams you see big kids but it is all fat and they are slow and have no chance against a fit team. What is lame about that?

In post #59.... We is meaning JC. They is meaning HHS.

In post # 60.... you say "You are probably right about your comments about size and speed, not too sure of the strength comment"
You go on to say.... "those boys are all muscle and no fat beer bellies".

Then you backtrack in post #62 and say "Some teams"

You can talk all the smack you want........ but tread lightly on the comments about our players at JC.
I can assure you JC is not worried about Highlands yet. We have to play Harrison Co and a very good Cov Cath team first.

I have not seen any of these schools play, nor have I seen Highlands. I have been follwoing JC for a long time and this is the best team we have ever had, even better than 06. Three nice running backs, a QB who can throw the ball, a reciever that can beat you deep and a tight end that is a huge target with great hands for short thows. A defense that has good size and plays hard and DB that can play, in fact this is the best DB group JC has had IMO.

This group has seen it all and has nothing but respect for opposing teams, but will go on to any field and be fearless. If you play this group, you will get hit!
After last weekend, Highlands may be the underdog in the match up this year.
Boonie Wrote:After last weekend, Highlands may be the underdog in the match up this year.

Not likely. Remember where the game will be played.
MonsterMan Wrote:I can assure you JC is not worried about Highlands yet. We have to play Harrison Co and a very good Cov Cath team first.

I have not seen any of these schools play, nor have I seen Highlands. I have been follwoing JC for a long time and this is the best team we have ever had, even better than 06. Three nice running backs, a QB who can throw the ball, a reciever that can beat you deep and a tight end that is a huge target with great hands for short thows. A defense that has good size and plays hard and DB that can play, in fact this is the best DB group JC has had IMO.

This group has seen it all and has nothing but respect for opposing teams, but will go on to any field and be fearless. If you play this group, you will get hit!

I forgot to add that not all players go both way, there is some platooning. All the skill players do get rotated in and out of the game. So this team will be more rested than past JC teams.
JC is tough but no chance against Highlands.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In post #59.... We is meaning JC. They is meaning HHS.

In post # 60.... you say "You are probably right about your comments about size and speed, not too sure of the strength comment"
You go on to say.... "those boys are all muscle and no fat beer bellies".

Then you backtrack in post #62 and say "Some teams"

You can talk all the smack you want........ but tread lightly on the comments about our players at JC.

You are trying to stir up trouble where nothing was said about JC players. I said HHS players do not have beer bellies, did not say anything about JC players. I have not seen them this year so do not know to make any comments about them, in the past I would not put them in with the other teams I have seen that have kids with big bellies.
sstack Wrote:You are trying to stir up trouble where nothing was said about JC players. I said HHS players do not have beer bellies, did not say anything about JC players. I have not seen them this year so do not know to make any comments about them, in the past I would not put them in with the other teams I have seen that have kids with big bellies.

How about this.... if your gonna make a comment like that, be more specific.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How about this.... if your gonna make a comment like that, be more specific.

I have given nothing but positive comments about JC program since August. I was one of the first posters to list them as the 2nd ranked team in 4A.
sstack Wrote:I have given nothing but positive comments about JC program since August. I was one of the first posters to list them as the 2nd ranked team in 4A.

Thank you for your support....

But anytime you use the term "fat beer bellies"..... people are gonna take offense to that. Especially when the thread is about a specific team.
:flush:I personally believe that Highlands will kill them in the end however Highlands usually rolls in beliveing they will kill everybody so you never know sometimes the team with the bad attidude loses
Pulp and Hoot, you have both been a tad sensitive this year. I think that you have read into a number of comments on this site (not talking about the other site or comments by WideRight) insults or slights where none have been intended. I suspect it is due to the fact that JC is doing so well and the haters are coming out. Welcome to the club! It has been going on with Highlands for years!
I really hope this is the year that JC gets over the Highlands hump but IMO its still a very big unknown. Lets just say that everyone predicting a JC victory because of their blowouts of Harlan Co. and Belfry better be careful about pinning their hopes on those two games. Harlan Co. has proven to be vastly overrated, a top 3 5A team to start the season has yet to live up to expectations. Belfry is vastly overrated also. This is the worst Pirate defense Ive seen in 20 years and rolling over them this year isnt something to get your hopes up. There are a multitude of teams in the state of Ky that could put up 50+ points on the young Pirates this year. So with that being said I still have no clue to just how good this JC team is this year. They are loaded, no doubt, but are they loaded enough to topple the dynasty assembled in Ft. Thomas? If I was betting this game I would put Highlands at a 7-10 pt favorite at this time. We will know more about JC following the Cov Cath game.
wooderson Wrote:I really hope this is the year that JC gets over the Highlands hump but IMO its still a very big unknown. Lets just say that everyone predicting a JC victory because of their blowouts of Harlan Co. and Belfry better be careful about pinning their hopes on those two games. Harlan Co. has proven to be vastly overrated, a top 3 5A team to start the season has yet to live up to expectations. Belfry is vastly overrated also. This is the worst Pirate defense Ive seen in 20 years and rolling over them this year isnt something to get your hopes up. There are a multitude of teams in the state of Ky that could put up 50+ points on the young Pirates this year. So with that being said I still have no clue to just how good this JC team is this year. They are loaded, no doubt, but are they loaded enough to topple the dynasty assembled in Ft. Thomas? If I was betting this game I would put Highlands at a 7-10 pt favorite at this time. We will know more about JC following the Cov Cath game.

This is exactly what I have been saying. JC is good, but we just are not sure how good yet.
Frozenbird Wrote:Pulp and Hoot, you have both been a tad sensitive this year. I think that you have read into a number of comments on this site (not talking about the other site or comments by WideRight) insults or slights where none have been intended. I suspect it is due to the fact that JC is doing so well and the haters are coming out. Welcome to the club! It has been going on with Highlands for years!

They can talk all the jibberish, all the smack... they can even talk in tounges. But there is no way I will let somebody talk about our kids without saying something in defense.

They've proven themselfs on the football field this year. 10-0 for the 3rd time in school history with this schedule is something to be proud of.
I think they could! They beat Harlan. That told me they had a shot at the 4a title.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Thank you for your support....

But anytime you use the term "fat beer bellies"..... people are gonna take offense to that. Especially when the thread is about a specific team.

Are they saying we hold back so many kids for so many years they can go buy beer now? Confusedhh:

It's gonna be a long, interesting two weeks on here.
Frozenbird Wrote:Pulp and Hoot, you have both been a tad sensitive this year. I think that you have read into a number of comments on this site (not talking about the other site or comments by WideRight) insults or slights where none have been intended. I suspect it is due to the fact that JC is doing so well and the haters are coming out. Welcome to the club! It has been going on with Highlands for years!
How so, Frozenbird? I just enjoy tormenting certain Highlands fans by pointing out hypocrisy. Being a 'Birds fan yourself, you probably paid no attention in past seasons at all of the ridicule that certain fellow Highands fans heaped on JC for giving up too many yards and points to first round NKY opponents. We all know what the tune of those fans would be had JC beaten Belfry (or any other team) 71-69 and given up 918 yards of total offense. It would not have mattered how many starters were out of the game for JC.

Don't be surprised if Harrison County scores a few times against JC. JC will not score 77 or give up 918 yards in any game if it can be avoided.

As for your assumption that I am "sensitive," nothing could be further from the truth. I welcome scorn and ridicule that always comes JC's way this time of the season from certain dark corners of FTH. I just wish some of your nastier fans would post here instead of on that NKY website that they have overrun in the past few years. Talk about sensitivity, that is a sensitive crew over there. One dissenting voice in that echo chamber is one too many for those 'Birds. :lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How so, Frozenbird? I just enjoy tormenting certain Highlands fans by pointing out hypocrisy. Being a 'Birds fan yourself, you probably paid no attention in past seasons at all of the ridicule that certain fellow Highands fans heaped on JC for giving up too many yards and points to first round NKY opponents. We all know what the tune of those fans would be had JC beaten Belfry (or any other team) 71-69 and given up 918 yards of total offense. It would not have mattered how many starters were out of the game for JC.

Don't be surprised if Harrison County scores a few times against JC. JC will not score 77 or give up 918 yards in any game if it can be avoided.

As for your assumption that I am "sensitive," nothing could be further from the truth. I welcome scorn and ridicule that always comes JC's way this time of the season from certain dark corners of FTH. I just wish some of your nastier fans would post here instead of on that NKY website that they have overrun in the past few years. Talk about sensitivity, that is a sensitive crew over there. One dissenting voice in that echo chamber is one too many for those 'Birds. :lmao:
didn't matney run up the score against woofers county a few years ago just to get JJ a record. I personally don't have a problem with it. But it has been shown there are citcumstamces where he will leave his starters in longer than need be.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:They just gave up 918 yards of total offense, the most in the history of Kentucky high school history, against a 5-4 Warren Central team. Maybe the time for boasting about hypothetical match-ups has passed.

I like this, it's not too often we can justifiably support chinks in the Bird armor, cmon stack, anyway you cut it, 900 + yards is 900 + yards. Confusednicker:

Unless JC has learned how to pass effectively and consistently, they are in trouble....wait for it.....unless they can get to Houliston very quickly and own the Birds roving pocket oline. Sorry I'm watching "How I met your Mother" and am distracted.

It's the playoffs, anything can happen!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:didn't matney run up the score against woofers county a few years ago just to get JJ a record. I personally don't have a problem with it. But it has been shown there are citcumstamces where he will leave his starters in longer than need be.
Check the score. What Highlands fans, in particular, accused Matney of doing was substituting liberally on defense so that the running clock never took effect so that Jude could get the record. If you want to look at a real example of running up a score, look into the details of what Coach Mueller did to poor Harrison County. 77-0, 9 touchdown passes, and a grand total of two rushing attempts (both by Highlands starting QB) for a whopping 2 yards rushing. Nobody has yet answered my question of whether those two carries were called plays or broken pass plays. :eyeroll:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Check the score. What Highlands fans, in particular, accused Matney of doing was substituting liberally on defense so that the running clock never took effect so that Jude could get the record. If you want to look at a real example of running up a score, look into the details of what Coach Mueller did to poor Harrison County. 77-0, 9 touchdown passes, and a grand total of two rushing attempts (both by Highlands starting QB) for a whopping 2 yards rushing. Nobody has yet answered my question of whether those two carries were called plays or broken pass plays. :eyeroll:

Ok I knew there was some kind of controversy with that game. Thanks for clarifying
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Check the score. What Highlands fans, in particular, accused Matney of doing was substituting liberally on defense so that the running clock never took effect so that Jude could get the record. If you want to look at a real example of running up a score, look into the details of what Coach Mueller did to poor Harrison County. 77-0, 9 touchdown passes, and a grand total of two rushing attempts (both by Highlands starting QB) for a whopping 2 yards rushing. Nobody has yet answered my question of whether those two carries were called plays or broken pass plays. :eyeroll:

I would guess they were both broken plays, can not recall any called run play for QB all year. They actually run very few traditional run plays even with the RB (delays,pitches,screens,direct snaps,ect). This is also why in blow outs that you still see few running plays, it just is not in their play book.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How so, Frozenbird? I just enjoy tormenting certain Highlands fans by pointing out hypocrisy. Being a 'Birds fan yourself, you probably paid no attention in past seasons at all of the ridicule that certain fellow Highands fans heaped on JC for giving up too many yards and points to first round NKY opponents.

No, actually, I did and thought it was rather stupid. Just be careful that you do not become what you hate is all that I am saying.

I have never know sstack to be the sort of Highlands fan that you are indicating so in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, Pulp's response was a bit paranoid. Maybe understandable given the haters because of JC's success. Like I said in my earlier post, welcome to the club!

Personally, I see no substantive difference with regard to Mueller's behavior and Matney's behavior and in both cases, I think it is fine. I am not into this PC "give everyone a trophy for showing up" sort of world view that dominates today's society. I deal with too many whiners raised this way in my profession.

With regard to Harrison County, I think people have addressed your concerns. First team offense was in for 21 plays and then pulled. Do you think that Mueller should have told the JV players who were finally getting to play to intentionally not try? Would Matney do this? Would you do this if you were the coach?

With regard to the Warren Central game, I do not know. I was traveling on business and could not listen to it.

So, in a couple of weeks we will know the answer to the question asked in the first post of this thread. If it should be JC versus HHS, which I expect it will, it should be a good game and we will see what happens.:Clap:
Frozenbird Wrote:No, actually, I did and thought it was rather stupid. Just be careful that you do not become what you hate is all that I am saying.

I have never know sstack to be the sort of Highlands fan that you are indicating so in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, Pulp's response was a bit paranoid. Maybe understandable given the haters because of JC's success. Like I said in my earlier post, welcome to the club!

Personally, I see no substantive difference with regard to Mueller's behavior and Matney's behavior and in both cases, I think it is fine. I am not into this PC "give everyone a trophy for showing up" sort of world view that dominates today's society. I deal with too many whiners raised this way in my profession.

With regard to Harrison County, I think people have addressed your concerns. First team offense was in for 21 plays and then pulled. Do you think that Mueller should have told the JV players who were finally getting to play to intentionally not try? Would Matney do this? Would you do this if you were the coach?

With regard to the Warren Central game, I do not know. I was traveling on business and could not listen to it.

So, in a couple of weeks we will know the answer to the question asked in the first post of this thread. If it should be JC versus HHS, which I expect it will, it should be a good game and we will see what happens.:Clap:
Matney would have slowed the scoring pace down through conservative play calling, regardless of who he had in the game. And yes, that is exactly what I would do as a coach. Once you know that you cannot lose a game, there is nothing to be gained by running up the score on a badly out manned team. Nobody will ever convince me that doing what Mueller did against Harrison County was the right thing to do.

I don't know anything about HC's coach, but I will say that in general but not always, such mismatches on the field are caused by coaching mismatches. When a team runs up the score the way that Highlands does, they are usually humiliating kids who are guilty of nothing but being the victims of poor coaching. IMO, it is a classless thing to do.

(I realize that sometimes scores get out of hand even when a team is running its plainest vanilla offense with its least experienced players. Sometimes a team just finds itself with a roster that is very short on upper classmen - but in most cases that is not the case.)