Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Johnson Central have enough to win it all?
Is this the year that JC can bring one home to the Mountains of EKY? They have rolled every team they haw faced this far, including Belfry. But, do they have enough ability to stop the passing game of the nky/wky teams, ie Highlands
Gah I hope so.
They have a shot, they will take it one game at a time and play the hand they are dealt. But to answer your question, their ability to stop the pass will depend on line pressure. I'm no Avon spokes model, but I do know that if you give a team all day that they can pass the ball on anyone.

On a side note:
I know many of those kids on this team from my great nephew and I can say they are all really good kids. No drama or diva players, these young men are humble and play the game with a lot of heart. Most people on these type of boards choose them to be the whipping boys because they are from a rural part of Kentucky, get new uniforms every 5 years and their annual football budget is the same amout that it would take to feed most teams from NKY on 1 road trip. These kids have worked hard since the day after Covington Catholic knocked them out of the playoffs last year. The players are seeing that hard work pay off, but no matter where they finish this gal and this community will be so proud of what they have done this season. :Cheerlead
Can't see them beating Highlands, but it sure would be nice. Think JC and CovCath will be a good game but I give the nod to JC. CovCath is a M.A.S.H. unit this year.
First off.... JC plays Harrison County in the 1st Round of the Playoffs. That is who we are focused on.

So will the trolls please return to their designated location under their respective bridge.
^
Even Matney isnt going to act like hes worried about Harrison County
RIUTG

Nice new avatar bubby..... Big Grin
First, I think JC will be toughest team HHS plays in playoffs. Problem is there is no way JC keeps HHS explosive offense from putting up big points on the board. And JC is not built to keep up with the pace HHS plays. JC runs inside the hashes which is HHS strong point. Running around the ends and passing on HHS hits their weak spots on D, but that is not JC game. Still think everyone is still not sure how good JC is due to the schedule, would have been nice to see a Little tougher schedule to get a better feel for what they really have.
They have a chance if Highlands drops their football team or moves to 5A for the playoffs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd love to see them bring the hardware back to Paintsville, but I just don't see them getting by Highlands.
All I know is nov 22nd i will be in ft Thomas.
I'm going with what I've seen in these boys all year. They definatly have a good chance at winning it all. Highlands is a great team team and always is but they are human and can loose . If JC wants it bad enough they can take it.
no
Ask Belfry and Harlan.
Yep!
E's Army Wrote:Ask Belfry and Harlan.

Ask belfry and Harlan if they have seen highlands play this year? Yes JC looked really good against those teams but I wish they would have played a team like BG, X, T,SC,Elder, to see what they would do against top competition. What do you think highlands would do against belfry or harlan?
By beating Belfry and Harlan County like drums, I believe JC can win
the state championship this year.
Not a chance !!
This year JC has a living breathing fighting chance.
No!!!!!! They have Highlands to get through. It will not happen. If anyone is willing to step out and say it will, go ahead. I think Highlands needs someone to get them fired up.
mysonis55 Wrote:No!!!!!! They have Highlands to get through. It will not happen. If anyone is willing to step out and say it will, go ahead. I think Highlands needs someone to get them fired up.

Is there any subject in the world that you are not an "expert" on?

:eyeroll:
Harlan County is one of the most physical teams in the mountains this year. If you don't believe me, check out the Harlan/Bell thread; they are still whinning about how mean we are. Johnson Central matched us pound for pound, and came away with quite a decisive victory.

I'm not saying that JC would beat HHS ten games out of ten that they played, but if Highlands looks past this team, and JC puts two halves together and plays the kind of football they are capable of, you better believe they could beat Highlands.

As far as giving Highlands a spark they "need" to win this game; I doubt considerably that Highlands has EVER "needed" anything.
sstack Wrote:Ask belfry and Harlan if they have seen highlands play this year? Yes JC looked really good against those teams but I wish they would have played a team like BG, X, T,SC,Elder, to see what they would do against top competition. What do you think highlands would do against belfry or harlan?
They just gave up 918 yards of total offense, the most in the history of Kentucky high school history, against a 5-4 Warren Central team. Maybe the time for boasting about hypothetical match-ups has passed.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:RIUTG

Nice new avatar bubby..... Big Grin

Actually Pulp two out of the three he is using were my creations/suggestions!!
So, thanks.
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Harlan County is one of the most physical teams in the mountains this year. If you don't believe me, check out the Harlan/Bell thread; they are still whinning about how mean we are. Johnson Central matched us pound for pound, and came away with quite a decisive victory.

I'm not saying that JC would beat HHS ten games out of ten that they played, but if Highlands looks past this team, and JC puts two halves together and plays the kind of football they are capable of, you better believe they could beat Highlands.

As far as giving Highlands a spark they "need" to win this game; I doubt considerably that Highlands has EVER "needed" anything.
If Highlands' players need to be motivated by some post on a high school sports website to get motivated to play an unbeaten JC team, or a team that topples the Golden Eagles on its way to the regional final, then their program is on the decline.
mysonis55 Wrote:No!!!!!! They have Highlands to get through. It will not happen. If anyone is willing to step out and say it will, go ahead. I think Highlands needs someone to get them fired up.

Ok I will pick Johnson Central to beat Highlands they have as good as chance as anybody in the state of Kentucky GO JOHNSON CENTRAL from 64sur and Williamsburg nations :1:
If these two, JC and Highlands, get the chance to play, it's gonna take a well executed game plan and near flawless execution for JC to be the victors. First of all, the game will be at highlands. I have not had the pleasure of being their but if JC takes care of business the first two rounds I will be there. Second, I'm not sure JC has the defense to stop Highlands and Vis Versa. To me this matchup would have to be decided on three elements:

Field Position. I haven't seen Highlands in person but I doubt they have the ability to beat JC in this aspect as Tyler pack will have the opponent starting at the 20 nearly every time. Highlands in previous match ups has had the benefit of starting at mid field nearly every possession. Not this year.

Time of possession. Maybe not a big factor but still one none the less. Maybe the best way to stop the highlands offense is to keep them off the field, and JC has the ability to do that. JC eat up nearly the entire 4th quarter of the game sealing drive against belfry eating up nearly 10 minutes of game clock.

Turnovers. By far the biggest factor IMO. I honestly feel the team that wins the turnover battle will win the game. You can't knock on belcher much, but if there's one thing it's the way he carries the ball. I thought Matney went away from him in the belfry game for this, along with Jordan ray having a huge night. It's going to be crucial that they don't turn the ball over. I wouldn't be surprised to see this JC secondary come away with a few picks either as they have done all year.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:They just gave up 918 yards of total offense, the most in the history of Kentucky high school history, against a 5-4 Warren Central team. Maybe the time for boasting about hypothetical match-ups has passed.

You seriously do not think that is the defensive team JC will see do you?
sstack Wrote:You seriously do not think that is the defensive team JC will see do you?
So, are you saying that Highlands intentionally substituted in such a way to avoid the running clock to allow a state record to be set? I guess similar tactics are only wrong when you do it so that your own team sets the record. :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:They just gave up 918 yards of total offense, the most in the history of Kentucky high school history, against a 5-4 Warren Central team. Maybe the time for boasting about hypothetical match-ups has passed.

Kayaker:

As far as field position ,Highlands kicker puts it in endzone at least 90% of time. Highlands has had many drives start at the 20. Against Elder at end of first half it took less than 1 min to go 80 yards for a TD, they are a very quick scoring, dangerous O. They scored 4 TD's on 7 plays Friday.
You are correct that JC needs to control the clock, with long drives that end in 7 points and not 3.
Highlands has not had much trouble with fumbles this year
As far as JC having several picks, remember drew has only thrown 1 INT on a ton of attempts.