Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibilities of Middlesboro getting a region championship????
Mboro with home advantage has a great shot. It will be a tough rematch with Somerset but Coach Frazier can get it done. Then the Semi's will be tough.
I have heard that all of Middlesboro's games, including the State-Semis, will be played in the crater. This would be a huge advantage playing teams like Prestonsburg or Newport.
teampaul Wrote:I have heard that all of Middlesboro's games, including the State-Semis, will be played in the crater. This would be a huge advantage playing teams like Prestonsburg or Newport.
I don't think so. If they make it to Semis it will be at NCC
BigDawgPrez Wrote:I don't think so. If they make it to Semis it will be at NCC

They want make it to Semis. :rockon::rockon:
Semis head north for region 4 this year. A healthy Somerset makes it out of this region.
Who you think will play QB for Mboro in the playoffs?
PHSForever Wrote:Region title, yes. State title is always a possibility. You all have a very good team, but will have to go through Caldwell County to get the hardware, I think.

They better think about getting through Somerset or Danville and I'm more then sure NCC will have something to say about it, before they ever think of Caldwell. I'd like to think Desales has something to say about Caldwell being there.
Semi's come north this year.
Somerset is not a fluke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somerset has a better chance on winning the region than Middlesboro does
I see middlesboro beating Somerset in region and gearing up and headin North to play NCC in the semis
NONE!!!! they will blow it. Somerset will put togather a run with tradition.
ballboy Wrote:NONE!!!! they will blow it. Somerset will put togather a run with tradition.
Middlesboro has it in them to beat somerset if they play like they're able. They'll get it together
Well Middlesboro and Somerset could meet in the 2nd round depending on how the tie breaker seeding goes and if they both win in the first round. I like the Jumpers chances if they meet again especially if Lange and Doan are back for that game.
Middlesboro may have been better than what they brought to Somerset, and maybe they thought they had already won before the game started (feel like we have been there some too), but they didn't get Somerset's best shot. With still a few very key injuries Somerset is still getting better. Because of the injuries, we have developed a depth of players with experience that we most likely would not have had without them. O-line and D-line play has improved by leaps and bounds from where they were at the start of the season. Every week a new player or players step up to make that "special" play to keep the spark going. We haven't had any reason to crow and thump our chest this year, as we have not lived up to "the Hype" that was expected. But now is the time to put up or shut up! Is Middlesboro talented enough to beat Somerset, or Danville again? While I agree they have improved as there players get older, so has everyone else. I look for Danville and Somerset to meet again to decide who travels north on the road to Bowling Green.
GO JUMPERS
I will say it again, Somerset is the favorite. Especially if those kids come back. But to say that Danville is better, 42-17 @ Danville , Middlesboro would be the favorite in that one. We have said it all year Somerset is the team to beat and we did not do that. They are still the region favorite.

What about the other side of the region? How do you guys think they will do against these teams. Can this side win all 4 games, they were 2 points from doing it last year.

What do you think, can LCA beat Prestonsburg? We know that is one of the match - ups.
I think all 4 teams can win in 1st round. Danville, Middlesboro, and Somerset will all be the favorite, LCA will give P'burg a game.
FlippedOut Wrote:I will say it again, Somerset is the favorite. Especially if those kids come back. But to say that Danville is better, 42-17 @ Danville , Middlesboro would be the favorite in that one. We have said it all year Somerset is the team to beat and we did not do that. They are still the region favorite.

What about the other side of the region? How do you guys think they will do against these teams. Can this side win all 4 games, they were 2 points from doing it last year.

What do you think, can LCA beat Prestonsburg? We know that is one of the match - ups.

Wouldn't Somerset play MBoro in the second round? if thats the case and Danville, Somerset wins all of theirs it would be between Somerset and Danville as MBoro would not have a chance to play Danville in playoffs. I think thats what he was going for.
Will not know who is second or third till Friday night. Not set. If Somerset is second , M'boro would not see them until 3rd round. They would get to play Danville in second. That is if they make it that far (M'boro). So either way you look at it M'boro may have a shot at Danville before Somerset. We will know more Friday night.
The 4th Region ought to be a humdinger...

Checking the stats and opponents, it appears Middlesboro, Somerset, Danville, and Prestonsburg are are reasonably well-matched with LCA and perhaps Betsy Layne having an outside shot.

District 7 results were a bit crazy this year having no one being obvious as clearly best. District 8 ended up being swept by P-burg, but Betsy Layne was giving the Blackcats a good game until they fell apart in the 2nd half.

It may simply come down to who gets hot and makes the fewest mistakes...

:popcorn:
Middlesboro vs. Leslie Co. Middlesboro Win Somerset vs. Betsey Layne Somerset Win. Middlesboro get's what they wanted a rematch. Go Jumpers!!!!!!!!