Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Possibilities of Middlesboro getting a region championship????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jackets have played strong even with injuries. Somerset was a fluke i think. Is there a region and even possibly a state title in their future?
Region title, yes. State title is always a possibility. You all have a very good team, but will have to go through Caldwell County to get the hardware, I think.
They will have to overcome injuriesv
I hope so I really like Coach Frazier and even better than that I like it anytime trophies come back to the Mountains
Do you think they have the skill against the other teams in Region 4?
BigDawgPrez Wrote:The Jackets have played strong even with injuries. Somerset was a fluke i think. Is there a region and even possibly a state title in their future?

Fluke!!!!! Injuries!!!! You don't know what injuries are unless you are a Jumper Fan. Somerset played the game with 3rd string TB and a Lame QB who still threw for 196 yds. and 2 td's. Find some other excuse, Like long bus ride.lol:biglmao:
BigDawgPrez Wrote:The Jackets have played strong even with injuries. Somerset was a fluke i think. Is there a region and even possibly a state title in their future?

Middlesboro has gotten better but Fridays game wasn't a fluke. The jumpers turned the ball over 4 times and still won by a 16 pt margin. An interception on the 1 yd line kept them from scoring right before the half and another turnover inside their own 10 that led to Middlesboros last TD... Jumpers probably put up at least one more score and Middlesboro ends up with one less if you take that into consideration. Regardless a 16 pt win wasn't a fluke by any stretch of the imagination. Jumpers came out flat against Danville THEN their starting quarterback and running back were injured within 10 plays of each other or the Jumpers would be the district champs...

If by future you mean this year, then no! If by future you mean the next few years, I'd yes they have a chance...program is getting better each year. Solid program along with an elite class of players coming through and Middlesboro could challenge for any title.

If Middlesboro wasn't beat up they could make a longer run this year, but I don't see them getting by NCC much less beating whoever comes out of the west and that's IF they could get through the region.
i see them getting beat by pburg my self
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:i see them getting beat by pburg my self

Don't think they will get by Danville or
Somerset whomever ends up in that bracket.
Middlesboro is back on the rise! Staff seems to be doing a great job, but they arent there yet
that who they play in the second round idk tho they got home field advance
If jackets get another chance at Somerset it will be completely different. Danville isn't too much for boro to handle. Pburg is in the same boat
Middlesboro can win a regional championship. But I think Somerset is the team to beat in the region. Both teams have proven they can lay eggs at the worst times.
E's Army Wrote:Middlesboro can win a regional championship. But I think Somerset is the team to beat in the region. Both teams have proven they can lay eggs at the worst times.
I think it will be a couple games before middlesboro lays another egg. They may be egg free after that crap game frida night
I'm guessing they have a 1 in 8 chance of winning a regional title.
I agree Somerset is probably the best team in region. # 75 , #83 are as good as it gets. But guess what, that is why they play them. Anything can happen. I still think Middlesboro has not played their best. It is going to be fun to watch. No one was talking about them last year, at least they are here.

With that said next year could be scary. Lose 3 on offense and 2 off defense.
FlippedOut Wrote:I agree Somerset is probably the best team in region. # 75 , #83 are as good as it gets. But guess what, that is why they play them. Anything can happen. I still think Middlesboro has not played their best. It is going to be fun to watch. No one was talking about them last year, at least they are here.

With that said next year could be scary. Lose 3 on offense and 2 off defense.

If Somerset and Middlesboro play again Shs will likely have its 1st and 2nd options at running back suited up for play. When you add Lange and Doan to the mix the jumpers are tough to beat. Middlesboro is a VERY good football team but if Somerset is at full health they'll be tough to beat in the region.

All that said boro has gotten a lot better and is loaded with talent for the foreseeable future.
JumperPride1 Wrote:If Somerset and Middlesboro play again Shs will likely have its 1st and 2nd options at running back suited up for play. When you add Lange and Doan to the mix the jumpers are tough to beat. Middlesboro is a VERY good football team but if Somerset is at full health they'll be tough to beat in the region.

All that said boro has gotten a lot better and is loaded with talent for the foreseeable future.

I agree, with the off week to work on things and get healthy, Somerset will be a hard out for anyone. Doan and Lang have only been of field at same time one game this year, and they had all that Speed from Glasgow scratching their heads. Time will tell. On with the games.
:insane::insane:
If Lange and Doan are back I think Somerset wins the region. I don't think either Somerset nor Middlesboro beats NCC on the road and I also don't think NCC beats the western representative in the finals.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but looking a schedule and scores. I think Somerset is the best team in the region. Somerset will win the region IMO
Middlesboro basically has the week off also. Lynn Camp was struggling before they had 4 kids suspended for this game.
Despite their loss Friday, Middlesboro is still the prohibitive favorite to win Region 4, especially with home-field advantage throughout.

Danville and Somerset are likely the only two teams with the talent to pull off an upset.
Went to Somerset for our middlesboro game. On that night game was no fluke.. Somerset could have won by much more. And they did this with third string RB. That is scary for the region! I asked a Somerset fan about their RB that didn't pal and they told me the Lange kid hasn't played but one game partially because of hamstring but they are hoping to have him for playoffs. They said he is about as fast as #83 bit stronger and coaches thought he would have monster year.. Had potential to be one of best RB in state . Their second RB is a freshman that is a stud but hurt his knee and had surgery but hope to have him back later in playoffs. They said Glasgow saw what it was like with both of them playing. That is glasgow's only loss.
Injuries are goin to hurt the jackets. 3 linemen gone without very good backups. Still can make a run if they play how they can
Somerset is the best team. They have at least 18 seniors on that team. Who knows how anyone will play on a given night. NCC will still come out of the East.
Slim to NONE.

All I see is motivation for the Somerset team. I can tell you personally #22 is biting at the bit to play and will be running the ball like a mad man through playoffs. Going to be making up for lost time barring any injuries again. All I'm saying is watch out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Slim to NONE.

So..your saying we have a chance!!!! LOL:Clap:
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:All I see is motivation for the Somerset team. I can tell you personally #22 is biting at the bit to play and will be running the ball like a mad man through playoffs. Going to be making up for lost time barring any injuries again. All I'm saying is watch out.

I hope Lang #22 plays. He is a Good Running Back and will be a huge boost to the Jumpers. Then if the Freshman Running Back can come back. LOOK OUT:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2