Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A Playoff Pairings
District 5 may sweep district 6.... I predict Bourbon, Estill, and Garrard taking first round
while Mason will have their hands full with Powell. Powell is definitely capable of pulling
the upset.....
FBALL Wrote:I wouldn't overlook Mason.

They haven't played anyone you have to play a tough schedule to get you ready for the playoffs. people over look teams schedules you cant play 10 weak teams go 10-0 and think you'll make a deep run in the playoffs just doesn't happen.
jw4914 Wrote:District 5 may sweep district 6.... I predict Bourbon, Estill, and Garrard taking first round
while Mason will have their hands full with Powell. Powell is definitely capable of pulling
the upset.....

Mason and Russell will both win. Mason will destroy Powell. It will be Bourbon and Mason in the region final. I think Bourbon wins the region.
FBALL Wrote:Mason and Russell will both win. Mason will destroy Powell. It will be Bourbon and Mason in the region final. I think Bourbon wins the region.

I would disagree. And, even though Bourbon is by far the standouts in
this region, I don't think Russell or Mason has played the necessary schedule
to prepare them for a long run in the playoffs. Mason may very well beat
Powell, but it will not be a blow out. Like I said, Powell is very capable of
pulling this one out. Then, Mason should see Garrard. Again Mason very well
may win, but I strongly doubt it. For Russell, they have to get past Estill
which will be a very good game (defensive stops will be the key in this one).
Both will put points on the board, but a couple of stops will affect the final.
Mr. Trevor Football will definitely have something to say in this one.
Whoever wins that game will see Bourbon. And as much as I hate to say it...
Lights out!
Few things we can go on in the Russell/Estill County game.

1. Russell beat Lewis County 44-8, Powell County beat Lewis 34-13, Estill County beat Powell 43-29

2. Ashland beat Russell 7-6.....Estill County beat Ashland in a 7 on 7 passing tournament at EKU

3. Estill County lost 22-13 to Morgan County....West Carter beat Morgan 30-25, Russell beat West Carter 33-6

4. East Carter beat Bath County 38-21....but lost to Russell 42-18....Estill County beat Bath 35-20 (was 35-12 until a little over a minute left to go before bath scored)

5. Bath County beat West Carter 53-45.....Estill County beat Bath County 35-20.....Russell beat West Carter 33-6

6. Russell has more wins and less losses then Estill County does.

7. Russell has averaged more points then Estill (Russell 245 / Estill 218) and hasn't gave up that much like Estill has (Russell 134, Russell 257)

I ain't saying Estill will beat Russell but I am saying Estill is totally different team then Russell has seen in the past.

Hopefully it's a good game and good luck to both teams!!
I think you are selling Mason and Russell a little short but we shall see.
I'm sorry but 7 on 7 ?
Well,,, I'm pulling for Garrard, Estill and Powell..... And anybody who plays Bourbon,,,
Go Fleming County!!!
Here is what most don't realize, Central's defense is as good, if not better than it has been the last few years. They returned practically everybody from last year on that side of the ball, especially their LB's.

They might "struggle" some on offense, but you have to be able to score on them first.

If them and Wayne played in the region finals, it would be at Central correct? Both are district champs, odd year so the odd # district hosts. Right?
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry but 7 on 7 ?

Yes, I realize you can't hardly go on that but Estill still defeated Ashland, even tho it's still 7 on 7. Estill County several other good teams in those 7 on 7 tournaments.

Like I said, Russell will see a totally different Estill team then they have in the past.....No Double Wing like Russell seen back in the early 2000's.
FBALL Wrote:I think you are selling Mason and Russell a little short but we shall see.

No one is selling Mason or Russell short. Estill, Powell and Garrard have teams rooting for them just like Lewis, Mason and Russell does.

Powell County is certainly better this year than last year. Mason is hands down a top team in 3A.

Hopefully that game is a good game.
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry but 7 on 7 ?

It does however give a good indication on coverage and accuracy of routes.
I will say this Trevor Jones is a good QB, and he can pick a secondary apart.
So Russell will have to put pressure on him and have very good coverage.
I've heard good things abouut him as a QB. Still yet 7-7 is no indication of where a team will be in a live game.

Take Fleming for example. They are very good in 7-7 every summer but once the pads go on its a different ball game. Their game with Bourbon will be ugly.
FBALL Wrote:I've heard good things abouut him as a QB. Still yet 7-7 is no indication of where a team will be in a live game.

Take Fleming for example. They are very good in 7-7 every summer but once the pads go on its a different ball game. Their game with Bourbon will be ugly.

Agreed.... But I am still rooting for them. Pretty much anybody that plays
Bourbon will be an underdog until the State Semi's. So go underdogs!!!!
FBALL Wrote:I've heard good things abouut him as a QB. Still yet 7-7 is no indication of where a team will be in a live game.

You are correct on both things. 7 on 7 tournaments are good to get your passing game going.
jw4914 Wrote:Agreed.... But I am still rooting for them. Pretty much anybody that plays
Bourbon will be an underdog until the State Semi's. So go underdogs!!!!

I don't think you like Bourbon County very much.
Strikeout King Wrote:Few things we can go on in the Russell/Estill County game.

1. Russell beat Lewis County 44-8, Powell County beat Lewis 34-13, Estill County beat Powell 43-29

2. Ashland beat Russell 7-6.....Estill County beat Ashland in a 7 on 7 passing tournament at EKU

3. Estill County lost 22-13 to Morgan County....West Carter beat Morgan 30-25, Russell beat West Carter 33-6

4. East Carter beat Bath County 38-21....but lost to Russell 42-18....Estill County beat Bath 35-20 (was 35-12 until a little over a minute left to go before bath scored)

5. Bath County beat West Carter 53-45.....Estill County beat Bath County 35-20.....Russell beat West Carter 33-6

6. Russell has more wins and less losses then Estill County does.

7. Russell has averaged more points then Estill (Russell 245 / Estill 218) and hasn't gave up that much like Estill has (Russell 134, Russell 257)

I ain't saying Estill will beat Russell but I am saying Estill is totally different team then Russell has seen in the past.

Hopefully it's a good game and good luck to both teams!!

I think it will be a good game for the most part but it will tough for Estill Co to go to Russell and win this season.

But I do not think it matters as Bourbon Co awaits the winner and I think they are going to Bowling Green. They are a much better team than they were last season and have home field until then.
FBALL Wrote:I don't think you like Bourbon County very much.

Does it show?
jw4914 Wrote:Does it show?

Just a little.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I think it will be a good game for the most part but it will tough for Estill Co to go to Russell and win this season.

But I do not think it matters as Bourbon Co awaits the winner and I think they are going to Bowling Green. They are a much better team than they were last season and have home field until then.

I think you may be right on both counts.
FBALL Wrote:Just a little.

Can't take anything away from the kids.... There is a boat load of talent
on the team....
jw4914 Wrote:Well,,, I'm pulling for Garrard, Estill and Powell..... And anybody who plays Bourbon,,,
Go Fleming County!!!

:Shaking:

Haters gonna hate!!!!
HSFOOTBALL Wrote::Shaking:

Haters gonna hate!!!!

Not hating.... A lot of talent with those kids.... Just rooting for
everybody else!
I hope Belfry gets revenge on Central!
Incorporating 7 on 7 results into a predictive discussion of post season play is taking optimism to an unprecedented level.
Ive changed my mind on Bourbon, since the injuries theyve become one deminsional, outside of #3 the rb, the offense is very suspect, the d looks pretty good but they are small compared to a tesm like belfry, i think mason co has a chance to knock off bourbon, i see Belfry Vs Central once again, but i think belfry brings it home
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt.... PC is the 2 seed. Host Morgan..travel to Breathitt.

I think PC takes down the Bobcats this year.
Pike Central has a team to move ahead of a good, but down Bobcat team this year, but playing BC in Jackson is a tall order, Pike Central knows how to defend the Bobcats, but can the Bobcats defensive backs defend the air attack? Central showed last years Bobcats they could run on a much better Bobcat team, this year, Central has a better balance with the run, and pass attack. Last year, Wes Pugh had double coverage, but this year, BC will have to try and key on Elking, fields, Burnette, and Dakota Ray on some short passes out of the backfield.....Pike Central has more weapons to try and stop, if both are healthy.... I will take the Hawks by 2 TDs this year... Good luck to all Teams heading into the playoffs.....