Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3A Playoff Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here they are:

REGION 1
D1 4 Seed, WEBSTER COUNTY @ D2 1 Seed, SOUTH WARREN
D1 3 Seed, TRIGG COUNTY @ D2 2 Seed, MONROE COUNTY
D2 3 Seed. EDMONSON COUNTY @ D1 2 Seed, FORT CAMPBELL
D2 4 Seed, ADAIR COUNTY @ D1 1 Seed, PADUCAH TILGHMAN

REGION 2:
D3 4 Seed, LaRUE COUNTY @ D4 1 Seed, WAYNE COUNTY
D3 3 Seed, ELIZABETHTOWN @ D4 2 Seed, BELL COUNTY
D4 3 Seed, CORBIN @ D3 2 Seed, HENRY COUNTY
D4 4 Seed, CASEY COUNTY @ D3 1 Seed, CENTRAL

REGION 3:
D5 4 Seed, POWELL COUNTY @ D6 1 Seed, MASON COUNTY
D5 3 Seed, ESTILL COUNTY @ D6 2 Seed, RUSSELL
D6 3 Seed, LEWIS COUNTY @ D5 2 Seed, GARRARD COUNTY
D6 4 Seed, FLEMING COUNTY @ D5 1 Seed, BOURBON COUNTY

REGION 4:
D7 4 Seed, JACKSON COUNTY @ D8 1 Seed, BELFRY
D7 3 Seed, MORGAN COUNTY @ D8 2 Seed, PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
D8 3 Seed, LAWRENCE COUNTY @ D7 2 Seed, MAGOFFIN COUNTY
D8 4 Seed, SHELDON CLARK @ D7 1 Seed, BREATHITT COUNTY
So are you saying that if Pike Central beats Morgan CO then they play Belfry in the 2nd round or Breathitt CO ???
sportsguru4u Wrote:So are you saying that if Pike Central beats Morgan CO then they play Belfry in the 2nd round or Breathitt CO ???

Breathitt.... PC is the 2 seed. Host Morgan..travel to Breathitt.

I think PC takes down the Bobcats this year.
sportsguru4u Wrote:So are you saying that if Pike Central beats Morgan CO then they play Belfry in the 2nd round or Breathitt CO ???

Not certain on this but pretty sure it would be Breathitt County....Pike Central has finished 3-1 in district play past two years in a row...last year they played Breathitt in the second round...

These are not bracketed yet....going by district seeding...
Bell County at Louisville Central for district championship most likely
Gonna be some long drives in the 3A playoffs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt.... PC is the 2 seed. Host Morgan..travel to Breathitt.

I think PC takes down the Bobcats this year.

Very strong possibility
I will go out a limb and say Belfry wins it all this year.
?????? How is that possible ?
anyone who ignores or under estimates Wayne Co. is asking for trouble
District 1 wins 3 first round games.
Not sure what you are talking about wildcats fan???? Bell and Central are not in the same district.

Yes sir, the other gentlemen were correct.

If PC gets past Morgan Co., they are looking at a 3rd consecutive road game @ Breathitt Co.
2013. Could show a different look at CAM what a great opportunity for the Hawks to meet Belfry at CAM, but let's not count out that Bulldog team west of Fort Gay! They could make some noise at CAM the second round! With a new look coach at Breathitt Co, , Pike Central will take one game at a time, and first try to make a good showing at home against a good Morgan Co team...best of luck next week to all teams and hope everyone enters the playoffs injury free! Go Hawks!
Tilghman vs Central= Central
Belfry vs Bourbon = Belfry
Central vs Belfry= Belfry, State Champs!
Region 1

(D1, 4 Seed) WEBSTER COUNTY @ (D2, 1 Seed) SOUTH WARREN
(D2, 3 Seed) EDMONSON COUNTY @ (D1, 2 Seed) FORT CAMPBELL
(D1, 3 Seed) TRIGG COUNTY @ (D2, 2 Seed) MONROE COUNTY
(D2, 4 Seed) ADAIR COUNTY @ (D1, 1 Seed) PADUCAH TILGHMAN

Region 2

(D3, 4 Seed) LaRUE COUNTY @ (D4, 1 Seed) WAYNE COUNTY
(D4, 3 Seed) CORBIN @ (D3, 2 Seed) HENRY COUNTY
(D3, 3 Seed) ELIZABETHTOWN @ (D4, 2 Seed) BELL COUNTY
(D4, 4 Seed) CASEY COUNTY @ (D3, 1 Seed) CENTRAL

Region 3

(D5, 4 Seed) POWELL COUNTY @ (D6, 1 Seed) MASON COUNTY
(D6, 3 Seed) LEWIS COUNTY @ (D5, 2 Seed) GARRARD COUNTY
(D5, 3 Seed) ESTILL COUNTY @ (D6, 2 Seed) RUSSELL
(D6, 4 Seed) FLEMING COUNTY @ (D5, 1 Seed) BOURBON COUNTY

Region 4

(D7, 4 Seed) JACKSON COUNTY @ (D8, 1 Seed) BELFRY
(D8, 3 Seed) LAWRENCE COUNTY @ (D7, 2 Seed) MAGOFFIN COUNTY
(D7, 3 Seed) MORGAN COUNTY @ (D8, 2 Seed) PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
(D8, 4 Seed) SHELDON CLARK @ (D7, 1 Seed) BREATHITT COUNTY
3a will so entertaining this year, yea belfrey and central are the favorites as usuall, i would'nt be to surprised if a team like Wayne Co. PT or maybe even Bourbon Co advanced to Championship, the second region could see some huge upsets as well
Breathitt the only team that makes it out of the 1st round from D7

but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 2 new teams not named central or belfry in the state championship.
I would pay close attention to the outcome of the Russellville - South Warren game Friday. It was a game probably not scheduled with the intent of being as important as it has become. But Russellville is a load at home and if SW stumbles, 3A in the west becomes a free for all.
wildcats fan Wrote:Bell County at Louisville Central for district championship most likely

No Way that Happens...:lame:

Can't play Central for a district Championship that Wayne Co has already won. Bell Co and Central are in different districts...can't win a District Title playing each other
anybody kno about Etown last year they didn't win a game. and does any one kno about mason or south warren
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:anybody kno about Etown last year they didn't win a game. and does any one kno about mason or south warren

Etown is a mediocre 3A team who have benefited from a pretty soft schedule.

Mason County is undefeated against a weak schedule, but a quality team. Probably not a title contender, but should reach the Regional Finals.

South Warren has played a weak schedule but looked dominant save one game. They have one of the State's best defenses and have allowed a grand total of 2 TD's the entire season and average allowing less than 50 total yards per game. They appear to be a legit Title Contender.
Strikeout King Wrote:
Region 1

(D2, 1 Seed) SOUTH WARREN
(D1, 2 Seed) FORT CAMPBELL

SOUTH WARREN

(D2, 2 Seed) MONROE COUNTY
(D1, 1 Seed) PADUCAH TILGHMAN

PADUCAH TILGHMAN

Region 2

(D4, 1 Seed) WAYNE COUNTY
(D4, 3 Seed) CORBIN

WAYNE COUNTY

(D4, 2 Seed) BELL COUNTY
(D3, 1 Seed) CENTRAL

CENTRAL

Region 3

(D6, 1 Seed) MASON COUNTY
(D5, 2 Seed) GARRARD COUNTY

MASON COUNTY

(D6, 2 Seed) RUSSELL
(D5, 1 Seed) BOURBON COUNTY

BOURBON COUNTY

Region 4

(D8, 1 Seed) BELFRY
(D8, 3 Seed) LAWRENCE COUNTY

BELFRY

(D8, 2 Seed) PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
(D7, 1 Seed) BREATHITT COUNTY

PIKE CENTRAL

My picks for the first two rounds above

I see a South Warren vs. Central and Bourbon County vs. Belfry Semi-FInals

I'll take a Central vs. Bourbon County Final right now until Belfry shows me otherwise
That is why a lot of people will be paying attention to the South Warren game Friday. Not a district game, but a timely one, nevertheless. I would expect some HS and college scouts there. The world will see what SW does against a known opponent.
Tica Wrote:That is why a lot of people will be paying attention to the South Warren game Friday. Not a district game, but a timely one, nevertheless. I would expect some HS and college scouts there. The world will see what SW does against a known opponent.

I like either SW or PT about the same... right now I give the edge to South Warren because I am not sure PT has proven they can win three straight tough games. If South Warren struggles vs. Russellville then I think PT becomes the favorite to meet Central in the Semi's
mysonis55 Wrote:District 1 wins 3 first round games.

I think District 8 wins 3 first round games.
I continue to be surprised at the people up that way who do not consider Wayne to be a major factor in the 3A semis. They demolished Bell. They stumbled against Corbin, if you call a smaller than predicted margin of victory a stumble. They look very solid to me but not blindingly fast. Their schedule is a bit suspect. I know Wayne has to do it at Central, but they almost did it last year at their place and Wayne is back essentially intact or better. I have seen some film and they look plenty capable. They would probably be intimidated some playing at Central (if that's how it falls out) but they have to remember last year every day they walk onto their field. That is motivation aplenty.
Ive been saying it for over a year.

Wayne over Central
Belfry over everybody

Wayne vs. Belfry in a state title match.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive been saying it for over a year.

Wayne over Central
Belfry over everybody

Wayne vs. Belfry in a state title match.

You've been saying a lot of things all year and most of it has been wrong
but I agree with you here with a Wayne and Belfry Finals. all tho I'm not ready to pick Belfry just yet.

I really like this Wayne Co team if they played like they did against Bell they go all the way and give Belfry fits, 22 seniors and only about 5 kids that play both ways this is a special team
I wouldn't overlook Mason.
Pages: 1 2