Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co 49 Letcher Central 7 Final Score
Coach Larkey is great and his staff is outstanding as well. They run a great top notch program and their record at HC shows that year in and year out. From offseason weightlifting wins to playoff wins. Amazing what they have done at HC. Very organized program. I love the Black Bears! I see them winning the District and Regional Championship again. GO BLACK BEARS!!SLAP WHITLEY SILLY!!!!!
Goodnight my Rivals family especially my Black Bear family. I am way too old staying up this late. I guess I am just so pumped for us getting back on track. Goodnight to all especially my GRANNY BEAR!!!!
Any stats on the game?
^
Harlan County-A lot of everything
Letcher Central-Not so much.
It's nice to see HC make an effort to balance their offense a little bit by mixing in a few pass plays. Also great to see another kid (Nick Cornett) have some success with two big td catches! Success breeds confidence, to have a new weapon emerge in our offense (Bailey to Cornett) could be huge in keeping our opponents honest and help our run game greatly!! Also will help open Wilson up for a pass or two. If we continue to develop this balance I believe we might have a good shot against Pulaski and Madison Southern. We have got to clean up the penalty situation also and cut down the number of big plays defensively. We should gain confidence from a lot of positive things tonight, but lets not go overboard act like we are back to playing the way this team was expected to play early on. Still got a lot of work to do, but tonight showed signs of what this team is capable of....
This is from http://www.harlancountysports.com

LCHS HCHS

First downs 10 18

Rushes-yards 30-78 41-344

Passing 144 114

Punts-Avg 3-29 2-45

Fumbles-Lost 3-3 1-0

Penalties-Yards 4-25 12-95
Props to Scotty Bailey last night for running the ball in a more aggressive fashion and looking more confident throwing the ball. If Bailey builds on last nights performance and can bring that type of consistency every night that will give the Bears a lot better chance to make a deep playoff run.
Great job by the BLACK BEARS!!! So proud of all of you and I will be your fan no matter what is going on because I am part of the BLACK BEAR NATION!! We love you guys. Special shoutout to Scotty Bailey, Fred Massey, Nick Cornett and Zachary Caldwell..Great game guys. What about Rhett Alred..first score in a varsity game...Good job!!

Loving my BLACK BEARS!!

:Wave::letsparty:Wave:
Black Bears roll until regional semis. North Laurel or Madison Southern will be a good test.
Not surprise by this score :welcome:
bear claw Wrote:Gut, sometimes you drive me crazy especially during the Belfry week but I have to give you a LOL!!!

Take it from someone who has known this hound dog for a lonnng time. Gut was just stirring the pot and promoting more and more posts. He don't care who he offends, as long as they post their indignations! I had girl's basketball mommas offer to pay me to point him out.

Black Bear Cuz Wrote:It's nice to see HC make an effort to balance their offense a little bit by mixing in a few pass plays. Also great to see another kid (Nick Cornett) have some success with two big td catches! Success breeds confidence, to have a new weapon emerge in our offense (Bailey to Cornett) could be huge in keeping our opponents honest and help our run game greatly!! Also will help open Wilson up for a pass or two. If we continue to develop this balance I believe we might have a good shot against Pulaski and Madison Southern. We have got to clean up the penalty situation also and cut down the number of big plays defensively. We should gain confidence from a lot of positive things tonight, but lets not go overboard act like we are back to playing the way this team was expected to play early on. Still got a lot of work to do, but tonight showed signs of what this team is capable of....

Nick Cornett was a BEAST tonight!! So much fun to watch, too.
Penalties are still a thorn in our side....that's true, but that was improved a little.
I believe the Bears are working overtime in practice, and come post-season time, I firmly believe they will be ready to take the region.

Spirit100 Wrote:Welcome back Bears and congrats on playing Donnie strong this evening!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Clap::Clap::Clap:

This was one of the most thoughtful things I've ever read Spirit100! Thank you for remembering DonnieStrong, and for reminding us of the perspective of a high school football game!

I love my Black Bears!!!!

Next game...Whitley County!! Gut, bear claw will be searching for you and if I were you I would demand that hot dog from Demarcus ware!!!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Take it from someone who has known this hound dog for a lonnng time. Gut was just stirring the pot and promoting more and more posts. He don't care who he offends, as long as they post their indignations! I had girl's basketball mommas offer to pay me to point him out.

Nick Cornett was a BEAST tonight!! So much fun to watch, too.
Penalties are still a thorn in our side....that's true, but that was improved a little.
I believe the Bears are working overtime in practice, and come post-season time, I firmly believe they will be ready to take the region.

This was one of the most thoughtful things I've ever read Spirit100! Thank you for remembering DonnieStrong, and for reminding us of the perspective of a high school football game!

I love my Black Bears!!!!

Next game...Whitley County!! Gut, bear claw will be searching for you and if I were you I would demand that hot dog from Demarcus ware!!!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!

Im mailing Demarcus his money for a hot dog, two actually.
Im still scared ill get swarmed by black bear mamas who would like nothing more than to kill me, and bearclaw....ah, i bet the mommas are worse.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im mailing Demarcus his money for a hot dog, two actually.
Im still scared ill get swarmed by black bear mamas who would like nothing more than to kill me, and bearclaw....ah, i bet the mommas are worse.
:biglmao: :hilarious:
bear claw is reasonable!! Black Bear Mamas are much worse!!!
Wink
^
Im not one to shy away from tough women, just tough women who want to kill me :biggrin:
Ah come on GUT, you should come and hang out, once the attack starts just play dead, but bring hot dogs just in case you get mauled. Confusednicker:
The mamas who want a piece of him are NOT football moms!! They were girls' basketball moms of a couple seasons ago! LOL Geez, but they hated Gut!!!

Gut treated them like Belfry fans!