Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 49 Letcher Central 7 Final Score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Harlan County Black Bears 49 Letcher County Central Cougars 7 Final Score.
Congratulations Black Bears!
Congrads Harlan Co
Thought it would be worse than that. Hopefully the lose will prepare them for a Perry and Whitley. Hold your head up high guys. We are proud regardless.
Bears getting back on track.
Congrats to the Bears! They seem to be back on track!
Great bounce back. Great win. This might of been the worst called game I have ever seen.
Pretty much what was expected from the Black Bears. It appears that they spared Letcher from complete embarrassment as I am sure they could have put several more scores on the board.
The black bears offense was a little more balanced tonight, was surprised with the passing but also happy to see it. Was a good win to get back on track, the penalties was killing us, but part of the game i guess. Now, let's finish the regular season strong..
Great job Black Bears!!!!! LOVED seeing the passing plays incorporated into the offense tonight.

I thought we looked really good tonight, and I am relieved! Letcher Co never stopped trying, and I applaud them for their efforts.

The kids met at mid field for trophy presentation and hand shakes. I think Baby Zak may have brought a couple home with him to go fishing tomorrow! Wink

Go Black Bears!!!!!
Fred Massey and Scotty Bailey had a wonderful game! Fred has more speed than I thought. Scotty was being Scotty, the leader of that team, I love that kid. AND, what about the hit Nick Cornett had!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!
I was happy to see Scotty Bailey running the ball that's something this team had been missing was that QB running threat we've always had. The birth of Scotty Football!!!!!!
The Bears played the way they've been expected to play. Nice to see them passing the ball. Not sure the refs knew what was happening.
Nice win for HC.
I can go with Scotty Football. Scotty is a GREAT kid and a leader of this football team. We can call him Scotty Football and it will never go to his head. He is level headed and that is contributed to his parents. Can't say enough good about this kid.
Glad to see the black bears getting back on track. How many passes did they throw?
Nic Cornett had a break out game!!!! I always knew Fred had that speed, but he's got to turn that corner before he can start the after burners. As far as Scotty goes, like bear claw said Scotty is Scotty. Never see a game from him that's not 110%!!

I appreciate these football players and their efforts so much!!!
I also want to give a shout out to #17 for LCC. He is a MAN!! He gave us fits all night long.
Welcome back Bears and congrats on playing Donnie strong this evening!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Clap::Clap::Clap:
panther nation Wrote:Glad to see the black bears getting back on track. How many passes did they throw?

Probably not as many as I think!! LOL When you don't pass very much, I tend to think that I over estimate. But, we had one 42 yard TD pass, and I think we had maybe 9-10 passes... I know that's not a lot, but its a lot for US, and they were very well executed!!

I was impressed.
panther nation Wrote:Glad to see the black bears getting back on track. How many passes did they throw?
I'm not exactly sure of how many attempts HC had tonight, but i do know they had over 100 yds passing, and over 300 rushing..
I think there was actually 8 passes with 6 completions BUT, there were several other attempts that Scotty was not able to get off or he had to run. I would say we were close to 15 pass plays called.
Well, I am getting pumped to head to Lexington tomorrow well actually today and watch my CATS upset the "King of College Football" Alabamer. Heading up early to do some serious tailgating. Got a GREAT feeling about tomorrow!!!!!
The thing I liked was that the Black Bears held on to the ball. They had a great running game and some passing and you can establish that when you don't fumble it away. These Black Bears know they still have some things to correct and also some that are still learning their roles. All in all, they looked like the Black Bears at times. They will get down right NASTY by playoffs. On to Whitley! BEAT THEIR EYES SHUT!!!! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!
Listen, Coach Larkey is not a dummy, he has been at it for a Looonnnngggg time. He knows when teams put 15 in the box that you have to throw. I know Coach is not much on passing but he does have close to 300 wins and he has done it the way he does. I am like all of you, I was tickled to death to see us throw and throw early in a series but we HAVE to put trust in coach and back OUR coach. Please don't take it that I am saying that none of you are doing this but Coach is Coach and he has put Harlan County football on the map. Trust me, he knows what he is doing even when I think that he doesn't. He has won 300 more games than I have. Go Black Bears!!! Let's bring home ANOTHER regional championship and see what we can do with the MIGHTY Bowling Green Purples.
I don't know where that came from bear claw , but I agree, Coach Larkey certainly knows what he is doing and I think he will have these young men ready for the playoffs. He has over the past 5 seasons. We have some players that are still in development stage, they will improve week by week. These Black Bears will be Filthy Nasty by playoffs. That defense will get more stingy every week. We really have a great coaching staff that puts their hearts into it. Just look at their accomplishments since the school began in '08. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!! GO GET READY FOR WHITLEY AND SLAP THEM HEADS OFF!!!
BB Claw, I guess I sounded rude and I seriously didn't mean that toward anybody. Well, maybe myself. I get frustrated sometimes about us not throwing early in the series but I keep reminding myself that Coach Larkey is one of the best that has ever coached in the state of Kentucky and TRUELY believe he was the right man for this job. I love Coach Larkey and I truly appreciate what he has done and brought to this new tradition in Harlan County. And I mean that!!! Thank you coach, and this is coming from somebody that has questioned you on things that you have done. BUT again, I will say this, you are not one of the winingest coaches in the state of Kentucky for nothing.
BB CLAW Wrote:The thing I liked was that the Black Bears held on to the ball. They had a great running game and some passing and you can establish that when you don't fumble it away. These Black Bears know they still have some things to correct and also some that are still learning their roles. All in all, they looked like the Black Bears at times. They will get down right NASTY by playoffs. On to Whitley! BEAT THEIR EYES SHUT!!!! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!

Emergency Room Afternoon.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Emergency Room Afternoon.
Somehow i knew i would see you saying this before the WC game. Confusednicker:
Gut, sometimes you drive me crazy especially during the Belfry week but I have to give you a LOL!!!
Pages: 1 2