Poll: Who gets the W??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland Rams
38.71%
Fairview Eagles
61.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Fairview
Game Day. Got to love it! Put up or shut up.
8.5 hours and counting! Idk if I have ever seen or heard so much debate, back and forth, or anticipation for this game. It seems even more intense than last year.
Wonder what kind of shape the field is in?
I may smack the poop out of somebody from Westwild tonight!
I am lost still. Why is it that Fairview fans can't speak out on here? The answers I have seen so far are vague.
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER
THIS IS NOT ME SAYING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, nor am I trying to stir up crap.

The rumor mill has been turning. Many say there are some in the Fairview system and district in general who arent happy with things. I guess for some, winning isnt enough. Like I said i havent heard from a legitimate source so for me it is all hear say. But ihabe heard it from a few people who went to and played for Fairview back in the early 2000s and the say there are people unhappy with certain players coming in to their jr year ready for their shot, only to find that they are now a "roll player" and watch as a frosh or soph transfer has taken their spot.

I wat it to be known i am just trying to give my opinion on what MIGHT BE keeping the Fairview fathful quiet. If these rumors r true, maybe people are trying to be cautious with what they say and where they say things because of how viral these sites are.
^^^^i for one think that this thread in general has been fairley dead from both sides because no one truly knows how good the other team truly is. We know they r big and know they r fast. Thu have both played a tough schedule. Both ranked at 90 or better in the lit ratings. Both have been considered the favorite to win the east at one point or another. But how good are they really? Fairview has proven they can win a tight game but hae give up big numbers to passing teams. Raceland has proven they can put up big numbers but cant seem to get over the hump in a tight game. We will know plenty by the end of the night. If the Rams can hold the Eagles to 3 or 4 tds, I feel that they will win.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Wonder what kind of shape the field is in?

Rectangular :devilflam
I have heard there are some more eligibility issues in Westweed. Going back to last year.
FBALL Wrote:I have heard there are some more eligibility issues in Westweed. Going back to last year.

I dont know how that crap gets started . I know exactly what you are reffering to , & it is all rumor blown completely out of proportion . The issue does NOT go back to last yr . It is an instance that McPeek suspended a player for 1 game this yr because that player missed too much school that particular week , & that kid chose to leave the team . Thats all nothing more or less . Sick of all the dang rumors , & how they get blown up bigger than what they really are. This is really nobody's business , but adults being nosy & childish blowing up a rumor
That's the rumor going around. No need to get your panties wadded if that's all there is to it.
Thats what they do in pantyweed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER
THIS IS NOT ME SAYING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, nor am I trying to stir up crap.

The rumor mill has been turning. Many say there are some in the Fairview system and district in general who arent happy with things. I guess for some, winning isnt enough. Like I said i havent heard from a legitimate source so for me it is all hear say. But ihabe heard it from a few people who went to and played for Fairview back in the early 2000s and the say there are people unhappy with certain players coming in to their jr year ready for their shot, only to find that they are now a "roll player" and watch as a frosh or soph transfer has taken their spot.

I wat it to be known i am just trying to give my opinion on what MIGHT BE keeping the Fairview fathful quiet. If these rumors r true, maybe people are trying to be cautious with what they say and where they say things because of how viral these sites are.
Ok i will bite on this one also. I am deep within FHS football , & only know of 2 sets of parents complaining with their kids ( 2 players ) just being role players instead of starting . Let me tell ya those 2 kids has done nothing in games or practices to earn a starting spot , & IMO a role position . Its not a talent issue its a they dont want to work for it issue , but the parents feel the should be "given" the starting nod when they have absolutely done nothing to earn it . With that said the majority are very happy .
Like i said i could care less who suits up for what ever team raceland plays. I was just giong my input because 55 had asked a few times where everyone was
FBALL Wrote:Rectangular :devilflam

^^
Funny!!
I thought so.
You guys really got to get along better. I know this is a district rivalry and all, but you can be diplomatic about the discussion here. We have a big district game next week when #1 plays #2. I hope that we don't get into discussions like this. Yall can fight like dogs on the field but should be respectful to one another when not playing. That is just my opinion. I do think that there are gonna be issues with a team that brings players in, just as referenced. I think if the Raceland fans would just lay back in wait though, this will all work to their advantage though. That is because the friction it will cause in the locker room and the stands between parents. However, if you Raceland fans voice your distain for this behavior, it will tend to strengthen the Eagles to come together to target the Rams. I now wish that I hadn't asked the question because, I do not want to be the cause of further such actions. I will say that I am for Raceland to win this year, because they have been tormented since last year. But I hope that you guys can put away your dislike for one another when the final buzzer sounds and be supportive of whatever team is going to go forward.
By the way, too much reading to find it on here, but what is the site I need to go to in order to listen to this game?
You can watch the game on your computer or phone on ihigh. Click on ky high school. Scroll down to Raceland and Fairview game. Has about a 2-3 minute delay.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)