Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs Fairview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thoughts?
Best team wins williamsburg is waiting Confusednicker:
Williamsburg has to worry about a team they have yet to beat, yes Hazard.

Now, Fairview has a key injury. Raceland has yet to own up though. I am going out on a limb here but, I'm gonna give the Rams the edge again.
Jumping the gun on this one a bit aren't we? This game isn't for two more weeks which means each team has two district games to worry about first.
Both teams had better not over look Paintsville. If they are not ready Paintsville will hang an L on them.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Jumping the gun on this one a bit aren't we? This game isn't for two more weeks which means each team has two district games to worry about first.

My mistake this game is next week, but I still don't believe it should be discussed until after each team plays tonight.
I think both teams will take care of business. I dont think Raceland will over look anyone again after last year's Pikeville fiasco. Pikeville was vastly improved and that is even more obvious this year, just how far they improved. But Raceland was preparing for revenge the next week and it bit them in the rear end. I am going to hold off on a prediction until next week though. Everyone in 1A has been waiting for this game and the Russellville/Mayfield game all season. At the beginning of the year, some were deaming the match ups as a look into who would meet in BG. Since then Raceland has flopped twice, 4 pts away from being undefeated. We will know alot about Paintsville after tonight. This thread will undoubtedly be the most popular thread next week...
64SUR Wrote:Best team wins williamsburg is waiting Confusednicker:

Like that scares them.
Relax Ams.

Geez!
FBALL, had to laugh at ur response to Wburg. It cracks me up how many wburg fans get onto ppl about trolling and thread jumping, when u got 64 popping in every single 1A thread serving up crowe and telling everyone that Williamsburg will be waiting.
I can't wait for this game myself. I have been looking forward to eat since last year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:FBALL, had to laugh at ur response to Wburg. It cracks me up how many wburg fans get onto ppl about trolling and thread jumping, when u got 64 popping in every single 1A thread serving up crowe and telling everyone that Williamsburg will be waiting.

Though I have never seen them play Williamsburg's fans on this site have made me dislike Williamsburg almost as much I dont like Fairview simply because the fans seem so arrogant. I really want to see them get throttled when they play Hazard just so we can all stop hearing about how great they are.
Eh they say the same things year in and year out, but we at Raceland do to. I think we r a bit more realistic than they r for the most part. They claim to contend each year and that they will be in BG each year, yet the always comeup short. Cant say mch though, Raceland has flopped on every opportunity they havehad in the last 10 years.
I say I think it is great that Fairview, Raceland and Williamsburg fans get on here and talk up their teams. You should have pride in your teams. Them boys work their tales off all year, so support them. Besides that, can you imagine how boring it would be on here without you guys. Just don't get pissed like some, E, when someone like myself has an opinion about your team as well. I really enjoy reading the posts from you guys and making my replies.
If Williamsburg is waiting on the winner in novemeber it must of be that hazard forfeited.. But if my memory serves me right hasn't that high powered offense of Williamsburg put up big numbers on the scoreboard against Hazard?? Oh im sorry that offense has yet to score on hazard.. But I will admit though I do think Williamsburg will score on hazard this year but I don't think they will score enough to win.
As for the Raceland and Fairview I think when they play it needs to be the game of the week..
Raceland will have to get by Pikeville to get a second chance at Fairview.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Eh they say the same things year in and year out, but we at Raceland do to. I think we r a bit more realistic than they r for the most part. They claim to contend each year and that they will be in BG each year, yet the always comeup short. Cant say mch though, Raceland has flopped on every opportunity they havehad in the last 10 years.
I graduated from Raceland, I have watched/followed Raceland for many years. Raceland has flopped in every big game they have been in, not just the last 10 years. I cannot wait until they break through and finally win a big game and make it to the carpet. I really thought they would do it in 08. It will be one happy day for me when they finally break through.
Man it's way too early for this thread.

The BS is going to get deep.
I haven't started thinking about the top ten for next week yet. I am sure this game will be on the top of my list though. I think the next week will be followed by Russellville @ Mayfield.

Hang in there Raceland fans, it has to happen some time.
Well it can OFFICIALLY start for real. Let all the Clint Westwood, Ams, Wastleland, Westweed, scandal and tom foolery, games begin. And let us not forget that Wburg, exqueeze me, Williamsburg will be waiting.

Lets go to comparing scores...Fairview beats Hazard by 12 in a shootout, Hazard gets beaten by Pikeville by nearly the same score, Pikeville edges Paintsville by one lonely touchdown. Fairview beats LC by 2 tds late. Raceland loses without Daylin Beech and Zack Litteral by 4 to LC. What does all of this tell us?

NOT A DAMN THING.

This rivalry doesnt need any more fuel. Even when Fairview was a door mat it was heated. This SHOULD be for the district championship, and tbh probably will be. The winner could possibly become the no 1 team in the east, depending on how each team plays. Fairview has proven they can win the tight games, come from behind, and pt teams away. They have owned Raceland the last few years. Raceland and Fairview both took care of business. Raceland put a running clock on Nicholas Co with 5 mins to go in the 2nd auarter and Fairview beat what many people thought was a contender to shake things up in class a disteict 7.

Raceland has yet to prove...well anything other than they can beat the hell out of teams they should beat the hell out of. Both The Rams and The Eagles have lost key players due to injury. Litteral with a broken Leg and King with a broken collar bone. Raceland loses experience and toughness at LB with Litteral out and Fairview loses a deadly return man in King.

I say, even wth the game at Raceland, Fairview is about a 10 pt Favorite. But I have a feeling Raceland will finally get past them this year.

Raceland 37
Fairview 30
I want credit for some of those.
The house will be rocking for this one.
I have seen both teams play as much as I hate to say it I think Fairview is better and they are mentally tougher than Raceland. Fairview is like a shark that smells blood when they get a lead and that is a quality Raceland lacks. It will be a good game for the first three quarters but Fairview's toughness and talent will prevail in the end. Fairview 47 Raceland 34
FBALL Wrote:I want credit for some of those.

Should have sited u for those. Please do not sue me for copy right infringement.
This will be one of the most interesting games of the season,imo. The final score will be interesting as well.
Injury bug has hit the Rams. Starting guard Boggs 15 stitches. Didn't dress for Nicholas Co. And Zack Litteral starting running back broke two bones in his leg tonight. He's at the UK TRAUMA center I believe!! Hope he'll be ok!
fourth and goal Wrote:Injury bug has hit the Rams. Starting guard Boggs 15 stitches. Didn't dress for Nicholas Co. And Zack Litteral starting running back broke two bones in his leg tonight. He's at the UK TRAUMA center I believe!! Hope he'll be ok!
I hope Zack Litteral has speedy recovery,I hate to see that happen especially to a senior.:Thumbs:
Jarons Wrote:I graduated from Raceland, I have watched/followed Raceland for many years. Raceland has flopped in every big game they have been in, not just the last 10 years. I cannot wait until they break through and finally win a big game and make it to the carpet. I really thought they would do it in 08. It will be one happy day for me when they finally break through.

I can agree with that and feel ur pain lol. 06, 07, 08, and 2012 were all years in which Raceland had the opportunity of getting that signature win. Bellevue by way of the Sutkamp brothers derailed raceland in the late 70s early 80s then Bardstown disrupted things, then Beechwood began its reign of terror. Those 80s, 90s, early 2000s teams, faced NKY power houses on their way to State Titles. The last team to to through that was 06, who led NCC 27-10 at half time, then NCC's numbers wore them down in the 2nd half. 07 was a team that over achieved. That team could have been special had they had one or two more play makers at WR. 08 the coaches play calling took their foot off the throttle and last year they over looked a Pikeville team that was hugry for revenge and vastly improved. None of these are excuses they r reasons. This year though, no reasons , no excuses, if they cant get up for this weeks Fairview game, if they cant, like ive said before, "beat them by 70 if thats the only way u can do it" then by all means do it. Hoping and praying for my predicted outcome.
^^^^not stating raceland should be 70 pts better than Fairview or that they will win by 70, just refering to not backing down when u have a team against the wall. God knows if Fairview gets a 2 td lead those DE and ILB will pon their ears back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7