Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs Fairview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Who can figure the east right now. In 2a, I thought Somerset was not for real. Then they start playing ball and I buy in. Then they lose to a rebuilding Danville team. Start of the year I think Raceland and Pikeville are the clear favorites. Then Raceland proves they can't beat tough teams. Fairview surprises me with some wins over people I didn't expect them to beat. So I start thinking they will win their dist. Then they lose a key player. I then swing back to the Rams. Then Fairview blows out a pretty good Paintsville team and the Rams lose a key player. I'm going nuts over here trying to figure the east. I will say Rams in a close one.
Fairview by 10 plus. The Am's middle school recruits have matured into fine high school players over the last couple years but still have a ways to go. Good luck to both teams. I will be lingering around the North End Zone at half time wearing khakis, black "Eagles" sweatshirt and blue UK ball cap. Come on down and lets have a meet and greet! Looking forward to patching things up with some of you make believe folks!
Fairview35 Raceland 28
It's hard to believe that this game is already here. With the loss of talent that Fairview experienced last year, I thought this would be the year that Raceland finally gets the win, but I'm still not sure what kind of team Raceland has. I would like to say they win, but realistically, I think Fairview has too much firepower.
bac2369 Wrote:If Williamsburg is waiting on the winner in novemeber it must of be that hazard forfeited.. But if my memory serves me right hasn't that high powered offense of Williamsburg put up big numbers on the scoreboard against Hazard?? Oh im sorry that offense has yet to score on hazard.. But I will admit though I do think Williamsburg will score on hazard this year but I don't think they will score enough to win.

We will score more pts in this games than hazard mark it down Bac2369.:rockon:
mysonis55 Wrote:Who can figure the east right now. In 2a, I thought Somerset was not for real. Then they start playing ball and I buy in. Then they lose to a rebuilding Danville team. Start of the year I think Raceland and Pikeville are the clear favorites. Then Raceland proves they can't beat tough teams. Fairview surprises me with some wins over people I didn't expect them to beat. So I start thinking they will win their dist. Then they lose a key player. I then swing back to the Rams. Then Fairview blows out a pretty good Paintsville team and the Rams lose a key player. I'm going nuts over here trying to figure the east. I will say Rams in a close one.

You don't haveto figure it out for long mysonis55 Williamsburg will take care of the east :welcome:
Either of these teams would take Williamsburg to the woodshed.
Westwood, it may be a little warm for a sweatshirt yet. Have a good time out there and remember this will probably be the #1 game in my top ten this week and the state will be watching this one.
Cant wait for this ball game. If Raceland is going to finally put 4 quarters of football together, they had better start now. Heck, they havent played 3 quarters of consisteńl good football yet. Nows the time to do so. Many are already back to talking abouthow this game decides the east. I agree. IF Raceland comes out on top, it will mean they finally put a full game together and they are who we thought they would be. If Fairview wins, look out. Because this is Fairviews only chance at a hick up for another perfect regular season.
If Isaiah King is healthy for this game I have to lean towards Fairview. The only thing that holds me back is Elkins to Messer. Raceland can stretch the field and without King at DB it's going to be tough to handle those two even with safety help. I will be coming to this game, I think it's the biggest game east of 75 this week.
I may take some heat for this but when you look at the bigger picture this game may not be that important. What I mean by that is it doesn't really matter who wins this week if the losing team comes back in a few weeks an beats this weeks winner in the playoffs. Most likely these teams will meet again and I have seen how difficult it can be for a team to beat someone twice, especially if the other team is equally good as the other.
I wouldn't think King would be back after a broken collar bone. That is a small bone to support a lot of structure. If he comes back early that could be dangerous.
TigerBlues Wrote:If Isaiah King is healthy for this game I have to lean towards Fairview. The only thing that holds me back is Elkins to Messer. Raceland can stretch the field and without King at DB it's going to be tough to handle those two even with safety help. I will be coming to this game, I think it's the biggest game east of 75 this week.

Isaiah King RB/DB will not play in this game . If he gets to comeback it wont be until the playoffs . From what im told FHS has also lost 3yr starting DE/DB. #8 C Perkins for the yr , & last night 1st string DL #77 Fitchpatrick went down with a broken ankle , & ligaments needing surgery so he is done for the yr also it appears . Our D has been hit hard . I know Raclend has lost RB/LB Litteral with a terrible leg injury . Is anybody else out for the Rams ? Rivalry or not i hate to hear this for this young man especially in his Sr yr . I hate to hear any kind of injury for any of the players period , after all they are still just kids , & hate seeing them in pain
Clint Westwood Wrote:Fairview by 10 plus. The Am's middle school recruits have matured into fine high school players over the last couple years but still have a ways to go. Good luck to both teams. I will be lingering around the North End Zone at half time wearing khakis, black "Eagles" sweatshirt and blue UK ball cap. Come on down and lets have a meet and greet! Looking forward to patching things up with some of you make believe folks!

I commend you, I don't even know what clothes I will have clean at the end of the week, much less what I will be wearing. Ha ha.
Last night was Litteral's first game in a few weeks because he injured his shoulder earlier this season. I hate it that he got injured because he has a lot of heart and he is a tough young man. His loss will impact the Rams but they have played without him for most of the season and they have had a few weeks to make some adjustments. King is a huge loss for Fairview but from what I have seen, the Eagles have more than enough talent to make up for him. I hate it that these kids got injured but unfortunately that is part of the game. Hopefully next week everyone from both sides can make it out healthy and injury free.
With all the injuries these two teams may want to play a flag game instead and save themselves for the post season lol. Just kidding. Im sure both are deep enough to makeup for it. Fairview seems to have had knagging injuries all season. Ut have managed to keep the record going. With all these injuries, who knows what to expect.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:With all the injuries these two teams may want to play a flag game instead and save themselves for the post season lol. Just kidding. Im sure both are deep enough to makeup for it. Fairview seems to have had knagging injuries all season. Ut have managed to keep the record going. With all these injuries, who knows what to expect.

Im sure there are some haters that would love to be a participant in a game like that. TongueirateSho
I'm sorry, Eye see now that it is FLAG football, thought it said something else.
Are you kidding? Too much running in flag football. I wouldn't make it through the first quarter.

The injury bug can kill good 1a teams. Not enough depth to handle that.
I coaxh my sons Flag team and t amazes me the stamina these kids have. Even my four year old. Who stands in at 48" tall and weighs 63lbs and moves well. His brother is a runt, but at 2 years old wouldnt take no for an answer, so we put a jersey on him and he is playin to. Absolutley love it, but tbh if given the choice of playing flag or strapping some pads on one last time, but new I had to take a hit from the likes of Troy Polemalu or James Harrison, id rather take a blind sided shot than have to run like that.

Fairview and Raceland both have big numbers for 1A ball clubs. Especially being 2 of the smaller 1A schools any way. I would say both schools barely has 400 kids in freshman-senior classes. Still they managed to field 70(FHs) and 60(RHS). So hopefully worh some of the high scoring affairs both squads have gotte some kids quality minutes.
Dead thread....any new hot topics between these two?
55, you got any numbers to throw our way? Always enjoy your analysis.
Game of the week for sure. Raceland hasn't had this much talent and speed since 2008. But they don't have the physicality that that team had. Fairview is on a roll and confidence is high. Its hard to pick against them. Last team with the ball wins this one in a dogfight. good luck to both teams
Ams smoke the weed!
What is Ams? I have some numbers on the two teams listed in the top ten games of the week thread. They look pretty similar. I think this game could very well come down to heart or lack thereof. They are too similar to know for sure. I think Raceland has one big advantage in having it at their own place.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I may take some heat for this but when you look at the bigger picture this game may not be that important. What I mean by that is it doesn't really matter who wins this week if the losing team comes back in a few weeks an beats this weeks winner in the playoffs. Most likely these teams will meet again and I have seen how difficult it can be for a team to beat someone twice, especially if the other team is equally good as the other.

Don't forget Pikeville.
The Raceland Ams.
Aren't they the Rams? I guess that is some type of word play there. Forgive me but, I am just dense enough that I don't get it.
Ams, Westweed, Putty Tats, and Tomkittens...all credited to Fball. Hats off to him no matter if he is giving kudos or making an argument of over rated and over hyped...never will he give a team their correct name. Hats off to his commitment to exellence lol
Just leave my Evils out of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7