Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co
Lawrence beat Pike Central by 17 in the summer. With all of Pike Centrals players there, including the 6'8 kid. Lawrence had really no problem guarding. One of the worst games I've seen LC play all year.
I think we all need to understand that LC is the best team the 57th, 60th district or 15th region has ever seen. There is no point of playing them bc no has any chance of beating them. Lol.
Lawrence County has a very nice team but I still think they are a year away at best from making it to Rupp. I will take Johnson Central and the Shane Hall express.
cardsrule Wrote:I think we all need to understand that LC is the best team the 57th, 60th district or 15th region has ever seen. There is no point of playing them bc no has any chance of beating them. Lol.

Glad You see it My Way.
Surprised to see Lawrence not have a tougher schedule lined up for this team. Expect them to have a very good record at season's end...
It's about 65 miles and 1 1/2 hour trip from Louisa to Phelps. It's no where near what some of you guys are acting like. What's the big deal? It's not like they have to make that drive weekly or anything.
Lawrence County won't be changing districts until next year is what I heard.
WildDawg Wrote:It's about 65 miles and 1 1/2 hour trip from Louisa to Phelps. It's no where near what some of you guys are acting like. What's the big deal? It's not like they have to make that drive weekly or anything.

You better tack about another 45 minutes to that.
WildDawg Wrote:It's about 65 miles and 1 1/2 hour trip from Louisa to Phelps. It's no where near what some of you guys are acting like. What's the big deal? It's not like they have to make that drive weekly or anything.

You are wrong.

It is 95 miles and a 2.5 hour trip.

I personally tried to schedule Lawrence County the 2 years before Coach Cook arrived and you know what answer I got from whoever the AD, principal, and basketball coach was at that time? It is too far of a trip for us to make. I agreed but said we are both down and could be a good game.....they said too far.

Now that you are pretty good you want in the 60th? Why not the 59th? Why not a REAL realignment to where you stay in the 57th, a Floyd Co. team moves to the 59th and Sheldon Clark moves to the 60th?

You wanna know why? Because no one cares about Phelps on the Pike County end and on your end - you feel like you would are the better team in every sport the 60th plays in.
If it was all about 5 team and 3 team districts you would want the closest drive etc. You don't, you want easy paths to the region tournament in everything......just be careful what you wish for.

I'm tired of the argument, it will be voted on Nov. 11th but at least the BOC has all the information now and knows that everyone isn't "on board" like was presented to them.

This is nothing against Lawrence Co., this is about what is fair to my kids.

By the way I'm Coach Varney at Phelps you can e-mail if you want some "facts".
I don't care who moves but somebody has to. Pike county has two 3 team districts Pike county gets 4 out of there 6 teams in the region. 57th has a 5 team district and get 2 in. It's simply not fair. Something has to change. Reallignment Sheldon Clark should be the team move I agree but pike county has it made so why would they want any changes.
cardsrule Wrote:I don't care who moves but somebody has to. Pike county has two 3 team districts Pike county gets 4 out of there 6 teams in the region. 57th has a 5 team district and get 2 in. It's simply not fair. Something has to change. Reallignment Sheldon Clark should be the team move I agree but pike county has it made so why would they want any changes.

I HATE the 3 team and 5 team districts it takes away from the regular season in the 3 team and puts way to much on it in the 5. I agree it is not fair.

I'm all for four team districts, just make it like every other district in the state - based on geography.

[Image: https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...6859_n.jpg]

^ Does that make ANY sense?
NEXT Wrote:I HATE the 3 team and 5 team districts it takes away from the regular season in the 3 team and puts way to much on it in the 5. I agree it is not fair.

I'm all for four team districts, just make it like every other district in the state - based on geography.

[Image: https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...6859_n.jpg]

^ Does that make ANY sense?

Makes no sense to me.
NEXT Wrote:You are wrong.

I personally tried to schedule Lawrence County the 2 years before Coach Cook arrived and you know what answer I got from whoever the AD, principal, and basketball coach was at that time? It is too far of a trip for us to make. I agreed but said we are both down and could be a good game.....they said too far.

Now that you are pretty good you want in the 60th? Why not the 59th? Why not a REAL realignment to where you stay in the 57th, a Floyd Co. team moves to the 59th and Sheldon Clark moves to the 60th?

You wanna know why? Because no one cares about Phelps on the Pike County end and on your end - you feel like you would are the better team in every sport the 60th plays in.
If it was all about 5 team and 3 team districts you would want the closest drive etc. You don't, you want easy paths to the region tournament in everything......just be careful what you wish for.

I'm tired of the argument, it will be voted on Nov. 11th but at least the BOC has all the information now and knows that everyone isn't "on board" like was presented to them.

Coach many people are on your side. Time to break up the districts and realign based on geography.
Contact members of KHSAA "CONGRESS" if you disagree. http://khsaa.org/2013-2014-khsaa-board-of-control/
wow. come on guys. everyone wants to make it more fair in the 15th and get 4 team districts, but seems as if nobody wants lawrence to move. nobody is saying anything about piarist. wonder why? but it is all about "distance" and "travel". right? why didn't any of the floyd county teams step up and move to the pikeville or pike central district? why didn't magoffin step up and move out of the 57th? only lawrence was willing to move. nobody else wanted to make it "fair" until lawrence got moved in to a 3 team district. now these schools are having issues with it. to my understanding the vote was unanimous by ALL superintendents.
NEXT Wrote:You are wrong.

so coach are you saying that suddenly everyone knows the distance between phelps and lawrence when 2 months ago they didn't know it? did phelps or louisa suddenly drift apart further from each other during that time? :biglmao: i mean you say that everyone isn't "on board" now. your superintendent voted "yes".
lchsalumnus Wrote:wow. come on guys. everyone wants to make it more fair in the 15th and get 4 team districts, but seems as if nobody wants lawrence to move. nobody is saying anything about piarist. wonder why? but it is all about "distance" and "travel". right? why didn't any of the floyd county teams step up and move to the pikeville or pike central district? why didn't magoffin step up and move out of the 57th? only lawrence was willing to move. nobody else wanted to make it "fair" until lawrence got moved in to a 3 team district. now these schools are having issues with it. to my understanding the vote was unanimous by ALL superintendents.

Glad you mentioned superintendents. KHSAA is composed of member schools who send school representatives to annual conventions. Each school has a voting representative. Schools vote to determine bylaws and rules. At no time did the KHSAA approach school representatives to ask input. They instead approached superintendents who have no voting rights concerning KHSAA issues. Sounds like politics at its best.
Sheldon Clark is the most logical choice to move to the 60th the AD at SC needs to wake up and swollow her pride after all it needs to be done fair
So is this for sure starting with basketball season? I'm hearing different stories.