Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 22 Prestonsburg 6
I thought we could've kept this game closer but there where too many dropped passes by Pburg Recievers. Nathaniel Stephens had a pretty good game and so did the freshman Austin McKinnley ! Bobby Huges IMO only had one bad pass. I think he makes some bad decisions when he takes off when he should've threw the ball. And I also think if they would have passed as much as they did tonight they would have beat Leslie Co. But I hope these guys step up when the Tigers come to town ! Congrats too the Pathers !
WOW!!! Congrats on P'ville for this much needed win!! I thought it would be a much closer game though on P'burg's part. But Congrats to the Panthers!!!
What was Tim Honaker's stats last night?? Sounds like he had a solid game.
bball fan Wrote:First, I don't think any real football fan would have came away from this game very impressed with either team. It was not a very good football game...period. Pikeville is fairly solid up front but not like you say. Every yard they get is because the Honakers and Harmon are very good athletes. And to say they have "dominated" anyone this season is a joke. Come on they had only scored once before tonight...how is that domination for an O-line. Pikeville will improve because they are well coached and they will win their district but they have a looooooong way to go before they can "dominate" anyone. And does anyone know what has happened to P-burg over the last few years. They play with no fire, they are in terrible shape, the kids don't play hard, and even the P-burg fans these days don't get into the game at all? Does anyone care at P-burg anymore?

I've been wrestling with myself whether to post something. I'll try to put my thoughts into words.

I've been a die hard blackcat fan for a few years. I see an obvious slip in our school's attitude and desire to be the best. I see the fans give up on the team too fast and I saw some of them throwing things at the Pikeville fans. I see many guys in the stand who look made to play the game, but don't because they dislike the coach. I saw some of our players berating each other because of mistakes instead of encouraging each other. You will never build a good team with so much drama going on. Prestonsburg needs a coach who wants to build a good team from the inside out. We need to encourage our own guys to play, we need to make blackcat football a way of life, not something to be dreaded and feared by our own players. I remember the team that went to state, how they helped each other through tragedy and triumph. I wish I could see that attitude again!
p-burg will come out of this i have no clue wat is wrong with them but they will get it straightened out and when they do look for them to put some W's on the board
BB Blackcat Wrote:I've been wrestling with myself whether to post something. I'll try to put my thoughts into words.

I've been a die hard blackcat fan for a few years. I see an obvious slip in our school's attitude and desire to be the best. I see the fans give up on the team too fast and I saw some of them throwing things at the Pikeville fans. I see many guys in the stand who look made to play the game, but don't because they dislike the coach. I saw some of our players berating each other because of mistakes instead of encouraging each other. You will never build a good team with so much drama going on. Prestonsburg needs a coach who wants to build a good team from the inside out. We need to encourage our own guys to play, we need to make blackcat football a way of life, not something to be dreaded and feared by our own players. I remember the team that went to state, how they helped each other through tragedy and triumph. I wish I could see that attitude again!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
BB Blackcat Wrote:I've been wrestling with myself whether to post something. I'll try to put my thoughts into words.

I have to agree and I am on the outside looking in! I do think that it may be a time for a coaching change in Prestonsburg. I think a lot has happened to this program that is in question and they need to get the pogram back on track. I enjoyed the Belfry P-burg games so much, but they haven't lived up to par the last two years. Great job Pikeville!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Who does everyone think the leading candidates would be for the new coaches?
Well right now Derossett is still the main man in Pburg. I don't agree with his play calling, Prestonsburg has had a lot of talent come and go within the last 5 years or so and it's rough to replace the athletes they've lost. Give it another year, but it's sure not looking good. My biggest problem is the questionable play calling on offense and their defensive scheme. Need to get it together or look outside the program for a coach.
PantherPride68 Wrote:Its kinda funny, all the SV folks seemed to not care how old he was when he played up there but now hes went to a better program and is doing great they want to keep bringing his age up. Hes not at Valley anymore and hes never comin back so get over it!

Same way Pikeville used to do us when we got Kelsey and Seth!
Won in the Trenches Wrote:You really thought pikeville looked small upfront?--they've got one of the strongest o/d lines in the state i would wager...you've got elliot, rowe, shurtlef, bryant, and walker on the line and i think they've physically dominated every team this year

Oh yeah Phyiscally dominated there first 2 games!!!!!!!!!!Ain't they 1-2????? I mean I didn't know i was just checking.........
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Oh yeah Phyiscally dominated there first 2 games!!!!!!!!!!Ain't they 1-2????? I mean I didn't know i was just checking.........

I said on the line, not the score. If you go back and look, neither team could run on Pikeville, and offensivly they moved the ball down the field consistently.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I enjoyed the Belfry P-burg games so much, but they haven't lived up to par the last two years.

Hey now, two years ago, my junior year, we gave you all two good games. So they've only been bad for one, unless your talking about this year.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
bball fan Wrote:First, I don't think any real football fan would have came away from this game very impressed with either team. It was not a very good football game...period. Pikeville is fairly solid up front but not like you say. Every yard they get is because the Honakers and Harmon are very good athletes. And to say they have "dominated" anyone this season is a joke. Come on they had only scored once before tonight...how is that domination for an O-line. Pikeville will improve because they are well coached and they will win their district but they have a looooooong way to go before they can "dominate" anyone. And does anyone know what has happened to P-burg over the last few years. They play with no fire, they are in terrible shape, the kids don't play hard, and even the P-burg fans these days don't get into the game at all? Does anyone care at P-burg anymore?
inside every game there are many seperate battles, such as ol vs dl, hb vs lb, and wr vs db. ive seen every game this year for the panthers and up front they have dominated all three teams they have faced end of story!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Same way Pikeville used to do us when we got Kelsey and Seth!
What? We never had Seth and everyone from Pikeville like Kelsey and knows that he wasn't too old.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TRAIN85 Wrote:inside every game there are many seperate battles, such as ol vs dl, hb vs lb, and wr vs db. ive seen every game this year for the panthers and up front they have dominated all three teams they have faced end of story!

Hey PILLSBURY :moon:
like i said :rockon:
When I was a freshman Prestonsburg was the team to beat. Prestonsburg and Brethit Co. was always good. My last two years we were on top but Prestonsburg was right there. Those Belfry and Prestonsburg games were awsome. I dunno what happened but it's sad. I hope Prestonsburg gets better.
Coach Wrote:When I was a freshman Prestonsburg was the team to beat. Prestonsburg and Brethit Co. was always good. My last two years we were on top but Prestonsburg was right there. Those Belfry and Prestonsburg games were awsome. I dunno what happened but it's sad. I hope Prestonsburg gets better.
in order for them to turn around a complete overhaul of the program is in order
thats my opinion though.
Thinking back, this game couldve (shouldve) been alot closer...Presonsburg's recievers need to hold on to the ball...