Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 22 Prestonsburg 6
Final
Hate to hear this, good luck next week P-burg.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Yea I was at the game once again...and IDK what to say really...linebackers isnt stepping up for pburg...thats all I can say
I watched part of this game on Pikevilles TV station from what I saw Pikeville looked pertty good.
congrats Pikeville...Is P'Burg Projected To be a contender this year?
This game was not as close as the final score shows...Good win for Pikeville and a much needed win. The Pikeville Defense played real good and the offense needs to improve, which I'm sure they will. Daniel Harmon is going to be a Stud...20 carries for 176 yards for the soph. Good luck to Prestonsburg...if Belfry can't win AA I would like to see the Blackcats win it all. Both teams will get better every week and be good teams come playoff time.
i highly doubt that p-burg will improve enough to win it all....its not that i dont think that their a good team because they are its just that they will still have to beat SC, Belfry, and maybe Valley
JWBN4EA Wrote:i highly doubt that p-burg will improve enough to win it all....its not that i dont think that their a good team because they are its just that they will still have to beat SC, Belfry, and maybe Valley

I don't think they will either but I think they can make a nice run in the playoffs...at least I hope they do.
PHSFAN Wrote:I don't think they will either but I think they can make a nice run in the playoffs...at least I hope they do.
Yea i hope so too....im a big fan of high school football and dont like to put down any team no matter how bad they talk about us...Good luck to everyone
congrats Pikeville....Go PANTHERS!!!
I was at this game and i had to leave with like 7 min left to come to work. But from what i seen both teams look very small up front. But very quick. Pville should win there district. I dont know anythgn about hazard. P-burg should get the 3 or 4 spot in theres. Belfry should win it with sheldon clark and then Valley. Id love to see Valley get the home playoff spot with the turf should be a little advantage. But back to that game. Seemed like niether team could hold on to the ball tonight. I rember one play where maybe Harmon or maybe Champlain took off on the run and had time to drop it run back pick it up and almost score. But all in all decent game worth the price of admission.
PHSFAN Wrote:This game was not as close as the final score shows...Good win for Pikeville and a much needed win. The Pikeville Defense played real good and the offense needs to improve, which I'm sure they will. Daniel Harmon is going to be a Stud...20 carries for 176 yards for the soph. Good luck to Prestonsburg...if Belfry can't win AA I would like to see the Blackcats win it all. Both teams will get better every week and be good teams come playoff time.

Harmon is gonan be good, but as every one knows he's not your average 13 or 15 year old soph. He's 17. But I do agree on him beign a great player he was awesome at Virgie. Wished he woulda came to Valley.
who else is doing good for pikeville besides harmon?
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I was at this game and i had to leave with like 7 min left to come to work. But from what i seen both teams look very small up front. But very quick. Pville should win there district. I dont know anythgn about hazard. P-burg should get the 3 or 4 spot in theres. Belfry should win it with sheldon clark and then Valley. Id love to see Valley get the home playoff spot with the turf should be a little advantage. But back to that game. Seemed like niether team could hold on to the ball tonight. I rember one play where maybe Harmon or maybe Champlain took off on the run and had time to drop it run back pick it up and almost score. But all in all decent game worth the price of admission.

Uhm...Champlin graduated last year
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Uhm...Champlin graduated last year

Well theres a set of twins for Pikeville and maybe it was one of them I dunno.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Well theres a set of twins for Pikeville and maybe it was one of them I dunno.

tim honaker is the quarterback and ted honaker is the other running back, so it could have been either of the pair

fun game to watch, bet the boys sure enjoyed playin in the mud!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I was at this game and i had to leave with like 7 min left to come to work. But from what i seen both teams look very small up front. But very quick. Pville should win there district. I dont know anythgn about hazard. P-burg should get the 3 or 4 spot in theres. Belfry should win it with sheldon clark and then Valley. Id love to see Valley get the home playoff spot with the turf should be a little advantage. But back to that game. Seemed like niether team could hold on to the ball tonight. I rember one play where maybe Harmon or maybe Champlain took off on the run and had time to drop it run back pick it up and almost score. But all in all decent game worth the price of admission.

You really thought pikeville looked small upfront?--they've got one of the strongest o/d lines in the state i would wager...you've got elliot, rowe, shurtlef, bryant, and walker on the line and i think they've physically dominated every team this year
congrats to pikeville
Congrats Pikeville~Way to go!
Prestonsburg needs to get their heads on straight, 0-2 is not Prestonsburg, they've got enough talent to be one of the top teams..."IN MY OPINION" i have a feww things i thinking pburg needs to do.....
1.Establish an offense(i might be mistaken but dont they have a 6'5 wideout, hmmm)
2.Catch the ball
3.BLOCK!
4.Stop making gradeschool mistakes.

Prestonsburg , you've got Paintsville next week, u better take it to them.
0-2 has been Prestonsburg since the class of 2004 left. Kids are just too small these days. I mean having receivers that are 5 foot flat isn't going to cut it. Central KY middle school teams look more intimidating than Prestonsburg. Oh well. Good luck next week. Maybe you will score 9 points this game.
Congrats Pikeville
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Harmon is gonan be good, but as every one knows he's not your average 13 or 15 year old soph. He's 17. But I do agree on him beign a great player he was awesome at Virgie. Wished he woulda came to Valley.
I don't see why everyone keeps saying things about his age. He is not too old or anything. If you check, I do believe that he will be allowed to play his senior season with the Panthers so therefore his age is perfect.

BTW, you find me a 13 year old sophomore...Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Won in the Trenches Wrote:You really thought pikeville looked small upfront?--they've got one of the strongest o/d lines in the state i would wager...you've got elliot, rowe, shurtlef, bryant, and walker on the line and i think they've physically dominated every team this year

First, I don't think any real football fan would have came away from this game very impressed with either team. It was not a very good football game...period. Pikeville is fairly solid up front but not like you say. Every yard they get is because the Honakers and Harmon are very good athletes. And to say they have "dominated" anyone this season is a joke. Come on they had only scored once before tonight...how is that domination for an O-line. Pikeville will improve because they are well coached and they will win their district but they have a looooooong way to go before they can "dominate" anyone. And does anyone know what has happened to P-burg over the last few years. They play with no fire, they are in terrible shape, the kids don't play hard, and even the P-burg fans these days don't get into the game at all? Does anyone care at P-burg anymore?
PHSblackcats, is it okay for me to say that P-burg is 0-2 now.:thumpsup: Good win by Pikeville and good luck to P-burg next week.
Beef Wrote:I don't see why everyone keeps saying things about his age. He is not too old or anything. If you check, I do believe that he will be allowed to play his senior season with the Panthers so therefore his age is perfect.

BTW, you find me a 13 year old sophomore...Smile
Its kinda funny, all the SV folks seemed to not care how old he was when he played up there but now hes went to a better program and is doing great they want to keep bringing his age up. Hes not at Valley anymore and hes never comin back so get over it!
bball fan Wrote:First, I don't think any real football fan would have came away from this game very impressed with either team. It was not a very good football game...period. Pikeville is fairly solid up front but not like you say. Every yard they get is because the Honakers and Harmon are very good athletes. And to say they have "dominated" anyone this season is a joke. Come on they had only scored once before tonight...how is that domination for an O-line. Pikeville will improve because they are well coached and they will win their district but they have a looooooong way to go before they can "dominate" anyone. And does anyone know what has happened to P-burg over the last few years. They play with no fire, they are in terrible shape, the kids don't play hard, and even the P-burg fans these days don't get into the game at all? Does anyone care at P-burg anymore?

Go back and REALLY watch all the game film...i think you'll change your mind
Also---
Pikeville 51 rushes for 350 yrds
Prestonsburg 22 rushes for 20 yrds
sounds to me like the pikeville D deserves just as much credit then the O.
glad to see pikeville is back in the race this year...was it a good game