Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Wayne County 10/4/13
Neither team want the belfry pirates.
Go Big Red! Wrote:These boys from the burg and roger rabbit land over in Somerset have lost their minds!! If you think for a second that any team Corbin will play this year is going to blow the hounds out ya better quit smoking that stuff!!!! You boys got it handed to you a time or two this year and I know you hate Corbin but we have something special here with these boys. I respect Wayne Co and think it's going to be a battle they are loaded with upper classmen and will be ready to go Friday night.

GO BIG RED!!

Go Big Red you need to calm down some. I don't see one Wayne County fan on here, just others who don't like Corbin talking. I have to say that I don't like Corbin either and seen what Wayne did to Bell last week was scary. My suggestion is just be calm and hope your team plays close or wins. If not you are gonna get rode out of town tar and feathered after a embarrassment.
Go Big Red! Wrote:These boys from the burg and roger rabbit land over in Somerset have lost their minds!! If you think for a second that any team Corbin will play this year is going to blow the hounds out ya better quit smoking that stuff!!!! You boys got it handed to you a time or two this year and I know you hate Corbin but we have something special here with these boys. I respect Wayne Co and think it's going to be a battle they are loaded with upper classmen and will be ready to go Friday night.

GO BIG RED!!

In fairness to Jumper Dad, he probably saw Corbin against Southwestern, and it did look as though Corbin had no passing game at that time. It was the QB's first start, and he looked shaky at best in that game. Taylor has steadily improved and gained some confidence, but it helps that Corbin has really opened up the offense from that first game and are finding ways to get Waddle the ball in space. Waddle is averaging over 12 yards a carry and over 22 yards per catch on the season and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it.

I'm not sure why the Williamsburg fans act as though they want Corbin to win, but one can clearly tell that they are hoping for a Wayne Co. blowout.
As a big Wayne County fan, I really wish Corbin fans and some other folks would realize nobody on this end is dancing in the streets, or claiming victory before the ball is even kicked-off. This should be a battle for the district championship, so please don't count excitement as over-confidence. Corbin, in my opinion is the biggest surprise of the area with their great start, but Wayne County hasn't showed anything yet that wouldn't make them a slight favorite on Friday night. I think the team that executes the best and controls the line of scrimmage will win.
All the talk and all the chatter about schedule, it all stops at 7:30 pm Friday night, as message boards don't decide winners the scoreboard does. Safe travels to everyone attending and get there early seats will be hard to find!
SEKYFAN Wrote:In fairness to Jumper Dad, he probably saw Corbin against Southwestern, and it did look as though Corbin had no passing game at that time. It was the QB's first start, and he looked shaky at best in that game. Taylor has steadily improved and gained some confidence, but it helps that Corbin has really opened up the offense from that first game and are finding ways to get Waddle the ball in space. Waddle is averaging over 12 yards a carry and over 22 yards per catch on the season and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it.

I'm not sure why the Williamsburg fans act as though they want Corbin to win, but one can clearly tell that they are hoping for a Wayne Co. blowout.

Passing

[B]
6 Taylor, Corey 5 21 10 2 177 2 35 0.4

I don't know if Wayne County can stop this passing attach:lmao:
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:As a big Wayne County fan, I really wish Corbin fans and some other folks would realize nobody on this end is dancing in the streets, or claiming victory before the ball is even kicked-off. This should be a battle for the district championship, so please don't count excitement as over-confidence. Corbin, in my opinion is the biggest surprise of the area with their great start, but Wayne County hasn't showed anything yet that wouldn't make them a slight favorite on Friday night. I think the team that executes the best and controls the line of scrimmage will win.
All the talk and all the chatter about schedule, it all stops at 7:30 pm Friday night, as message boards don't decide winners the scoreboard does. Safe travels to everyone attending and get there early seats will be hard to find!

I like that about this Wayne Co. team, they are letting their play do the talking for them. I honestly believe that the Cardinals are a legitimate title contender this year. I hope that Corbin is at that level, not really sure yet, but should find out a lot about the Rdhounds Friday night.
SEKYFAN Wrote:In fairness to Jumper Dad, he probably saw Corbin against Southwestern, and it did look as though Corbin had no passing game at that time. It was the QB's first start, and he looked shaky at best in that game. Taylor has steadily improved and gained some confidence, but it helps that Corbin has really opened up the offense from that first game and are finding ways to get Waddle the ball in space. Waddle is averaging over 12 yards a carry and over 22 yards per catch on the season and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it.

What are you smoking? The Williamsburg fans I know support local teams first then Mountain teams. that includes llaurel Co. Knox county even Lynn Camp. I know for a fact when Williamsburg has an open date and corbin or Whitley play at home they go and support their friends. so troll somewhere else
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Go Big Red you need to calm down some. I don't see one Wayne County fan on here, just others who don't like Corbin talking. I have to say that I don't like Corbin either and seen what Wayne did to Bell last week was scary. My suggestion is just be calm and hope your team plays close or wins. If not you are gonna get rode out of town tar and feathered after a embarrassment.

Again I'm man enough to take it!! If your talking about an embarrassment that's not going to happen!!!! I haven't said anything but good things about Wayne's fans or team!! I think Wayne has a very good team and IMO Corbin has a better one. We will see tomorrow night I may be completely wrong and ill fess up to that if I am. Good luck Wayne co hope everyone stays healthy on both sides the ball and let's get it on!!!

GO BIG RED!!
[quote=Jewell Field Fan]As a big Wayne County fan, I really wish Corbin fans and some other folks would realize nobody on this end is dancing in the streets, or claiming victory before the ball is even kicked-off. This should be a battle for the district championship, so please don't count excitement as over-confidence. Corbin, in my opinion is the biggest surprise of the area with their great start, but Wayne County hasn't showed anything yet that wouldn't make them a slight favorite on Friday night. I think the team that executes the best and controls the line of scrimmage will win.
All the talk and all the chatter about schedule, it all stops at 7:30 pm Friday night, as message boards don't decide winners the scoreboard does. Safe travels to everyone attending and get there early seats will be hard to find![/QUOTE

Your exactly right!! Good luck to all tomorrow night, I hope nothing but the best for Wayne. It's not anybody from Wayne on here acting crazy that's very classy and sportsmen like. Can't wait to game time feeling very excited for this one. It will be a classic!!

SEKYFAN :Sad04: I have live in laurel co for the past 13yrs.my no#1 team is my hometown Leslie co.some of my cousins kids play at williamsburg and thats why i follow williamsburg.I have attending every games excepts for 5 games in the past 2 and half years.and from an outsider i think you SEKYFAN is the hater of williamsburg football program.I myself said in a small way would like to see corbin win.An i also said wayne would win by 34pts and thats just my opinion.I don't claim to live in williamsburg.this week i will go to pulaski to watch north laurel upsets pulaski co :biglmao:
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:As a big Wayne County fan, I really wish Corbin fans and some other folks would realize nobody on this end is dancing in the streets, or claiming victory before the ball is even kicked-off. This should be a battle for the district championship, so please don't count excitement as over-confidence. Corbin, in my opinion is the biggest surprise of the area with their great start, but Wayne County hasn't showed anything yet that wouldn't make them a slight favorite on Friday night. I think the team that executes the best and controls the line of scrimmage will win.

Jewell Field Fan, I was at the Bell co game. You are right seats are limited. Is there any chance of getting extra seats from some where. Some like the band was sitting in. Will the band be there Friday? I'm hoping the Redhounds have a big crowd. This will be a great game whomever wins.
I heard some talk about moving some from the softball field, or the local park, but haven't seen any moved there yet. Add to that it's Homecoming and the teams are a combined 11-0........bring camping chairs and sit in the end zone might be your only full proof way of getting a seat! : )
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:I heard some talk about moving some from the softball field, or the local park, but haven't seen any moved there yet. Add to that it's Homecoming and the teams are a combined 11-0........bring camping chairs and sit in the end zone might be your only full proof way of getting a seat! : )

Can you bring chairs?
Hope WC does bring in some extra bleachers. Wayne has some of the worst home bleachers size wise that I have been to. Some are worse but any kind of crowd at all on the away side and your packed in pretty tight.

Anybody coming over from Corbin for the game should come early and swing by "The Pool Hall" on the square downtown and get a bag or two of burgers to go...nothing fancy about them (Mustard, Ketchup, shake of salt and slice of onion...cheese is available) but man they are great. Don't embarrass yourself by ordering fries, they don't have any just Burgers, Chips and canned soda.
One more day!!!!!
FROM A WILLIAMSBURG FAN TO THE PLAYERS ON THE CORBIN FOOTBALL TEAM AND A SPECIAL THOUGHT FOR MY COSIN PAT McBURNEY'S GRAND SON TAYLOR WADDLE. GO GET THEM REPRESENT THE LOCAL FOOTBALL TEAMS WELL DO WHAT A CORBIN FOOTBALL TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO DO. GOOD LUCK
2013 champs Wrote:Neither team want the belfry pirates.

We both would love to play Belfry. That means we're in the Championship Game!!! We may lose, but I don't think the guys are afraid. The game would be played and we would be excited, as you would be.
Old Redhound Wrote:We both would love to play Belfry. That means we're in the Championship Game!!! We may lose, but I don't think the guys are afraid. The game would be played and we would be excited, as you would be.

Belfry is at the level both teams are striving to be at. It would be an honor to face off against them and their legendary coach.
If either of these teams get to play Belfry they have a shot. They would have done something Belfry has not been able to do: beat Central.
2013 champs Wrote:Neither team want the belfry pirates.

I think Wayne would love that, it would be in Finals!!!!
All 3 teams have a legit shot at a title this year irregardless of this game. Central was very lucky to beat Wayne and Belfry last year. Still luck does count. Good Luck to both teams tonight.
Time for talking is over. Goodluck to both teams.
Has Belfry ever in history beat Central?
Corbin by 6