Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Wayne County 10/4/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
this should probally be game of the week in the mountains and maybe game of the week in pickems, who u got and why..?
Wayne County wont have it as easy this week.
Corbin would have done the same to Bell.

Im expecting a close game, but ill give the edge to Wayne at home by 3.
just by checking stats, Corbin may have the better defense,but i know u cant go by that..
Wayne win big maybe by 34 :Clap::Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Wayne win big maybe by 34 :Clap::Cheerlead

what u smoking,lol:dudecomeon:
How legit is Wayne County? I haven't had the luxury to see them play. I've seen Corbin and although both of these teams sit undefeated, have either beat a quality opponent? I believe that both of these teams are very solid, however lack of competition makes me question that. I look for an evenly matched game, with home field giving Wayne a slight advantage, but the deciding factor coming down to the coaching. Corbin 26 - Wayne 21.
Two common opponents so far for what that's worth,

Southwestern
Corbin 14-0 (1st game of the season)
Wayne 42-20

South Laurel
Corbin 53-0
Wayne 36-7 (1st game of the season)

I'll take Wayne 35-14 based on nothing but the fact that I think this is a special Wayne Co team
I have only saw Corbin, albeit in the first game of the season. They didn't look like they could score in a brothel that night. But that was the first game of the season.
This is a game that certainly interest me. The thing with Corbin is that they can score in abundance of ways. Since the opener, they've simply clicked on offense and have been a juggernaut on D. I think that you may see Corbin line up and run it all game long to keep Wayne's offense off of the field.

Wayne is certainly a very good team and will have the home field advantage but Corbin will be out for revenge. The best way I can see this is that Wayne was pretty dang good last year and only beat a below average Corbin team by 3 at Corbin.

Corbin 34
Wayne 21
Wayne Co 42. Corbin 21
I think if Wayne Co wins this, they will have to do so with defense. Corbin won't give up 4 touchdowns. A WC win would likely be something like 21-14 or 24-17.
This will be one of the best games in the state next week. Wayne love to throw and Corbin loves to run. Corbin's defense has just been really outstanding this year.

One of the keys will be can Corbin run the ball and control the clock? Limit Wayne's offense time on the field. Everyone knows wayne can score from anywhere on the field. Can Corbin's defense stop wayne from driving the field?

With that being said the teams that wins this game will be the one that takes care of the ball the best. With all of Wayne's seniors that experance should be just enough for them to hold off a very good redhound team.
Wayne 21
Corbin 14
HAROLD Wrote:I think if Wayne Co wins this, they will have to do so with defense. Corbin won't give up 4 touchdowns. A WC win would likely be something like 21-14 or 24-17.

Corbins offense feeds off there defense.
Corbin has a great defense this year and makes it easy for the offense.
Wayne County = Offense
Corbin = Defense

Wayne County = Air Raid
Corbin = Pound it up the middle

Wayne County = Upperclassmen Experience
Corbin = Balanced Class w/ some young talent

Wayne County = Home
Corbin = Away

This should be the district championship game, and I expect both teams to be well prepared. The key to this game will be if Wayne can establish the passing game or if Corbin can stop it. Wayne can't beat Corbin on the ground, and Corbin will eat the clock up with 4-5 quality backs.

I expect the Redhounds to have a defensive scheme focused on not giving up the big pass. They may give up the short game a bit, but will try to avoid the big plays. Wayne can't turn the ball over because time of possession will favor the Redhounds already.

Should be one heck of a ball game....I may just make the drive around Lake Cumberland to see this one.
Saw the game last night. Corbin and Wayne look very similar. Wayne relies on the pass more and maybe more physical. Will be a great game to watch.

Please, Wayne County have some more temporary stands brought in and the band will probably need to use the endzone. The Redhound fanbase will be there.

Looking forward to seeing how good the Redhounds are!
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!! This will be a classic!! I don't look for the high scoring to continue for either team. Wayne may hit 2 or 3 big plays leading to 14-21 points but this redhound D is tuff and stingy on the points. The question for me is can Wayne stop Corbin's backs? I think they will be able to contain them to a point but Corbin wills score 14-21 off running the ball so it comes down to turnovers and special teams. Corbin has had a lot of big special team plays this year and haven't turned the ball over that much I'm sure Wayne is probably just as good. This should be a slobber knocker but defense wins championships!! I'll take the hounds in the battle for the district title!!

Corbin 34
Wayne 20
Big Red will Win, but it will be the Big Red Bird that get's the WIN!! Go Wayne!! I'll be at this One.
Wayne's superior speed will be the difference. Wayne also has better balance on offense. Wayne by 10.
Wayne County wins by 3 touchdowns
Wayne huge 34-6 guarantee it
Wayne 34-20
This game will be a slobber knocker no doubt about it. I'm gonna say WC pulls it out only because they are at home. Good luck to both these good teams..

Wayne 28
Corbin 27
wiznut Wrote:Wayne huge 34-6 guarantee it

Ive seen a lot of guarantees over the years here at BGR.
This one, as well as 99% of the other ones are dead wrong.
Gut has switched allegiance. So long Colonels. Hello Hounds.
E's Army Wrote:Gut has switched allegiance. So long Colonels. Hello Hounds.

It's no longer RIUTG Colonels It's RIUT:moon: Redhounds :lmao:
I like Wayne by 7 at home.
Wayne by 7.

Welcome RIUTG. Your name has always sounded like an old Redhound.

64SUR Wrote:It's no longer RIUTG Colonels It's RIUT:moon: Redhounds :lmao:

I havent switched anything.
However, you'll never hear me say the same about the orange bees across town.
Old Redhound Wrote:Welcome RIUTG. Your name has always sounded like an old Redhound.

Really fit the Colonels in my playing days, but at 0-6 its almost to funny to root for a team and give them a chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4